Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

*Max sticks his head in the door frame, a pleasant smile on his face as he looks into the office.* Good evening... *He says, stepping into the office and pausing for just a moment to look over his shoulder as the door is closed behind him.

Turning back to Alice, he offers her a polite bow before continuing.* I won't distract you from your reading for long, Harpy Brown. I simply wished to convey my congratulations on your new position, in person. I had wished to offer them at Court; but there was a wealth of well-wishers that evening... *If anything, that was an understatement; the Daeva Whip never lacked for conversational companionship.*

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Distract me? Oh please do so.' Alice smiles friendly after she bows her head to return her respects. 'Thank you, I appreciate it you've come to see me. Really Mr. Heinz, comparing the US Vogue with the France edition is not in the least as interesting as a wise man's company.'

She wouldn't state to know Max very well, but even without the official titles she knew that a lot Kindred hold him in high esteem. 'There is indeed no lack of fresh blood nowadays. Even some new Dragons crawled out of their eggs.' The Harpy chuckles as she tries to keep their conversation not too formal. 'I hope things go well in the Covenant? I haven't announced a meeting in a while.' She says it as if that was a loooong time ago.

Let's see how my friendly approach works out.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max wasn't sure the difference between one version of Vogue and the other was, mainly because he wasn't sure what a Vogue was. He assumed it was a magazine about entertainment or clothes, given what he knew of the Harpy. Instead he just smiles, moving a little farther into the room.* Well, I guess I had better keep you company until a wise man gets here...

*He nods as she speaks of the new arrivals in the city, echoing Max's thoughts on the growing population.* Indeed, even tonight's informal gathering has more attendees than some of the convened Courts that were held when I first arrived here. Though, it will be interesting to see how many make a permanent home here in Sacramento... *The city had always had a high number of transient Kindred. Honestly, Max didn't mind. It allowed the undesirables to leave before becoming a bigger problem, and allowed more stationary Kindred like himself to form a reliable power base.

His smile grows a little larger as Alice speaks of the Dragons, the thin Mekhet giving the striking Daeva an amused look.* For their sake, I hope they aren't newly hatched. I expect nothing but professionalism from my fellow Covenant members. If you ever have any issue with one of them, please let me know and I'll have a little... talk with them... *Max had to go through his own growing pains learning to live in an Invictus city. If he could help others through that learning process and help keep the Ordo in good standing, all the better.

Another soft nod as Alice talks about the Order in general, Max raising an amused eye brow at her remark about making a meeting announcement.* Thank you for your concern, Harpy Brown. Things are going as well as expected; with all the recent unpleasantness there hasn't been much time for an official meeting. But, I will be asking you to put up a notice to that effect shortly. Asking politely, of course... *He adds after a second's consideration.

He takes a moment to look around the Harpy's office, taking in any changes she might have made from it's previous owner; but quickly returns his attention to Alice.* How about yourself, I hope the transition into your new position has been a comfortable one?

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Although still amused, Alice arches an eyebrow when Max makes his expectations known. 'You expect nothing but professionalism? Than I'd better talk to some newly arrived Dragons before sending them to you. I have no issues with them, no not at all, but they are young and unknown. Their politeness saves the day.' Thinking of it, Alice has been speaking to quite some Ordo neonates lately. Chase Ankers is relatively new, John just likes to play a little sad and Drake simply is a neonate.

'Of course, I don't expect otherwise from you Mr. Heinz.' She gives him a friendly smile. 'I trust the Ordo Dracul is in good hands. Honestly, I didn't even notice M. Hartman has left us until our last Official Court. As a Harpy I wish the best to the greatest part of our Society.' Who wants to be an Official in the Domain of Chaos? 'A position I have gotten comfortably. Thanks for your concern.'

Alice smiles pleasantly and looks around as well. 'I have not yet decided how to give my own touch to the office. But those are just some small details of the job.'

Maybe a bed? Alice lightly grins at that thought, still she doesn't consider it a second. Of course. The desk works fine.

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max arches a curious eyebrow at the Harpy's remake, nodding his head.* I think I'll have a few words at the next meeting on the proper way to conduct one's self in an Invictus domain. You say they are young; perhaps it was inexperience and exuberance that have lead to any... difficulties that might have arisen. *The thin Mekhet makes a mental note to begin work on a few practical pointers for some of the new arrivals.

He smiles slightly at the compliment, bowing slightly to the Harpy.* Thank you, Harpy Brown, for your confidence in my abilities. It is unfortunate Mr Hartman has chosen to step away from his studies, but our pursuit of knowledge can be a taxing one. Thankfully, our kind's unique state of being allows us time to step back and refocus... *After all, Max himself had to do just that recently...

His eyes follow hers around the office, wondering just what the Harpy was thinking of doing with the space. He nods as she speaks of adding her own touch.* I'd offer any help I could give, but I'm sure your sense of style and aesthetic are far superior to mine. I think the best help I could offer is the promise not to help...

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

With a few nods she decides further not to comment on the neonates in an Invictus Domain. Now even more, as an official, she shouldn't be joking around. Otherwise, she might note that the Members of the First Estate are not that hard, as long as you know how to deal with them. Then, you might even gain something from them.

'Indeed, indeed.' Yes, their vampiric state gave possibilities to step away for several decades, but why the hell would you want that? Alice had thought about it, and couldn't find any advantages. In your Sleep, you forget things. While awake, you get stronger.

Only feeding is a problem, so I've been told. Isn't that why one creates childer?

A light shrug. 'His choices are his. Even while I have no knowledge of your studies, I trust your words. Of course, I have heard some things in my past.' Know no fear, spare some blood. 'But let's stick with the subject of my office.' A short but pleasant laugh follows, 'You might see my sense for style as being more superior, and yes it is my office, but I don't plan to sit her on my own all the time.' That would be sad Harpy, isolated. 'Classic, modern? Postmodern... Or perhaps keep it simplistic, it is just a place with a desk.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max smiles, it always amused him some of the wild stories people told of the Order. It was rather like the Free Masons, the fiction was far more fantastical than the facts. For just a moment, Max ponders hosting a Court or social event at the Chapter House; and awarding a prize to the Dragon able to come up with the most outlandish "Ritual" to show outsiders.

He nods as the Harpy discusses her office, turning over the question seriously before answering.* I've always been a minimalist myself. Personally, I think the less that gets in the way of doing a job, the better. But, I suppose a little comfort wouldn't hurt... *Max answers with a slight shrug. He would think a Harpy would want to put people at ease, all the better to manipulate them.*

Perhaps I should leave you to your pondering, Harpy Brown. I'm afraid my tastes in design are a few decades out of style...

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Good, less is more.' Alice nods, you almost see her mentally writing it down. She could give her own twist to the meaning of minimalistic. 'Comfort too, added.' She smiles pleasantly, large seats, no bright colors or bad odors.

'I'm sure that no one around here would mind it if the Harpy's Office doesn't feature any Roy Lichtenstein or Jeff Koons... well,' those are artists, no designers, still art is the best decoration, 'I indeed need to think about it again. It doesn't have to be now, but if you prefer to step back in Court you are of course free to do so, Mr. Heinz.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max raises a curious eyebrow and smiles slightly at the Harpy. He didn't think she patronizing him, but he still found it hard to believe. Taking Max's advice on fashion and design was like taking a blind man's advice on painting...

Still, he nods his head to Alice; assuming the Harpy was being sincere. He offers a slight shrug, his smile turning ever-so-slightly playful.* Well, it's not that I want to leave. But I'm sure I'm not the only person that wishes a word with you tonight. And I dare say your time is at a bit more of a premium than mine these nights... *If Max felt any jealously of the Daeva's star rising, it didn't show behind the slight smile.*

Besides, if we're going to talk about something besides Domain business, I'd rather do it somewhere less... official.
    *He offers the Harpy a deep bow, waiting to see if she had any parting words before rejoining the rest of Court*

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Ah well, who knows.' Alice returns a polite a smile. She doesn't think that the whole Domain wants to speak to her just because she's Harpy, but time would tell. She also wonders what an effect the office has. So far, it shortens the conversation.

That's too bad.

Alice bows her head as Max leaves, 'Thank you for seeing me Mr. Heinz, enjoy your evening.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Closed Thread