Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Letters and Tea

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

"It... was work related," she answers, using the truth as a lie. "Some folks skimped on safety protocols... and he fell. Sometimes, the exhibits in the back can be dangerous if they're not taken care of properly. Could've been bad luck, could've been someone didn't do their job. We're not sure yet."

"How long... were you all together?"

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

"Not... long enough." He's never felt like this before.

The server picks right then to bring their food to them. Kyle looks at it like he has no idea what it is for.

"So it was the Wizard stuff that killed him then."

Theo told.

Sigh, of course he told. Theo was too honest a boy, what a silly trait to have in this line of work.

"Ah. He told you about the... uh, wizard thing then? And you believed him?"

"... no, of course you do. Of course you do."
    This young man doesn't deserve to be lied to. Ruby thinks long and hard about what to do next. The natural step would be to transmute Mr. Franesco's tea into Sodium Pentothal, to ascertain exactly how deeply Theo had breached the Mysteries to his... partner.

But suddenly curiosity gets the better of her in the most socially awkward of ways. "Wait, so you two didn't... I mean, Theo didn't let you... ohhhhhh, sorry. No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't... I didn't mean anything by it, I just don't know too many... um..."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

"You knew Aaron." Kyle shows her the letter and continues talking. There's no rancor in his tone. "And yes, we did. Repeatedly."

"I wasn't interested in Aaron because he was a wizard. He asked me about it once. I told him that he is cute and funny and smart... and that makes up for it." That had been a good night. "I try and avoid the weirder things in the world, it never turns out right."

Kyle looks flat, like all the happy has been pressed out of him.

Ruby winces, herself still raw. But she hadn't quite expected to find this deep a tragedy today. She reaches out a hand to place on top of Kyles in comfort.

"Sometimes, try as hard as you might, the weird things find you. But... don't you think though, Theo himself was one of those odd people who broke all the rules the world taught you? I get the feelin'... maybe the two of you findin' each other was a wonderful thing, even in its briefness."

"It didn't occur to me at the time, but somethin' changed about the boy. There was a big ol' spring in his step, he smiled more, he laughed." She chuckles a bit herself, "he started keepin' a lot of secrets. Didn't know what, but I could see it was important to him."

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

His face screws up. Anger does not fit on Kyles face at all. "Believe me, you are preaching to the choir about the weird things. And those rules the world teaches you? They're lies."

He takes the letter back after Ruby reads it. A bitter sneer poisons his features. "There's no happy endings, and there's no prince charming that you can ride off into the sunset with. Deals you make come back to bite you in the ass. Aaron would have been better off never meeting me. Where was he buried?"

It's strange to hear Theo's name, she had never known it.
    Taking no more than a few sips of her tea, Ruby stays quiet through Kyle's pained tirade. She is expressionless. If it wasn't for the magnitude of this boy's loss, his attitude would be inexcusable. "Now I've heard those words a few times," Ruby says with gravity. "Couple o' times... it made sense to be said. Folks made mistakes and hurt the ones they loved. But you! You, Mr Franesco had nothin' to do with the fool mistake that took this boy from us, 'fact you seem to have done nothin' at all but to make the last days he had on this good Earth happy ones. Why in the name of all that's holy would you wish to've taken that away from Theo, from... Aaron."

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

OCC
    PRE

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. The Wyrd is funny that way." Not Ha Ha funny, but more like a sex joke at a funeral funny. Inside he hurts. He feels miserable, like he should crawl in a hole and wither away. He hates the feeling, it's like there's an glass splinter working its way into his heart.

And the rest of him wants to laugh. Not carthritic, hysteric laughter mixed with sobbing, but laughter like this is the biggest, most funny joke in the world. This part of him whispers...

~Why not? Why shouldn't you laugh? Who was he? What did he matter?~

It's Coyote's voice.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Oh no... Ruby's phone is vibrating, her work phone. Kyle looks terrible, beyond terrible and she's loathe to leave him for a moment in this state.

"Kyle, honey," she begins softly. "I've got an important call I need to take. Is it alright if I step outside for a moment to take this?"

Kyle Franesco
    Kyle Franesco

PRE

"Go change the world." Kyle waves her off, he has his own demons to deal with.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread