Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1203) Martha, Neil, Dillon and Ciara

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a happy smile Martha rests her cane on top of the ebony lid of the grand piano. Meekly, she sits at the stool, brushes her long gymslip over her knees and opens the lid to the keyboard. Smiling as she sees Neil come over.

In her cheery English accent she offers, "Ah, it is a delight to meet you, Mr Kingsley! I do hope you come in peace...this is Elysia you see! My name is Miss Martha Villiers. I have the honor to serve His Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of the Domain of Sacramento and Prince of this Invictus Domain as Herald and Keeper." she smiles, as if she sincerely is honored by this office. "I do hope you are well, sir! If you can indulge my playing whilst we talk, I shall see what I can do to help you, Mr Kingsley!" she chirped and gently tried out a scale of C to test the tuning. "As Herald, I am empowered to help with Acknowledgements. The Seneschal is too..." she nods gracefully over towards Ariana as she offers another happy and sweet smile. Martha's dainty hands begin to play 'Gymnopedie No 1' by Erik Satie. Playing gently as she talks, she asks with a friendly smile, "Have you traveled far, Mr Kingsley? Do you have any immediate questions to ask, sir?"
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Cross

Neil nodded politely, pleased to have found the Herald so easily. "It's excellent to meet you too -- and I enjoy the piano, Herald Villiers. I look forward to hearing you play, and I come in peace." He smiled slightly. Neil wasn't a very smiley guy, but the Herald seemed very nice. As she begun to play the piano, Neil relaxed slightly, enjoying the song. He couldn't play well himself, although he did have dextrous fingers -- perhaps one day I'll learn. As she asked her questions, he said, "I'm originally from L.A., so not too far. I thought I'd ask what laws were applicable in His Grace's Domain, and how I would go about becoming a part of this community."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara joins the others just in time to hear Neil make his introductions. As promised, she does not interrupt the Herald or the new face as they talk; Ciara instead walking around to the other side of the piano. She leans ever so softly onto it, turning her attention to the ever growing number of Kindred filtering into Court while waiting for a chance to speak.

Her attention turns to the Bailiff for just a moment, studying the unfamiliar female Madam Sage was speaking with. Ciara did not have a chance to speak with her fellow Invictus at Court; she hoped to remedy that tonight as well.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon approaches the group around the piano with a light smile on his face, for the music. His hands are clasped loosely behind his back, even though he feels as though one of them is up in the air, having to literally drag the Beast closer to Ciara's. Without invoking the defiance inherent his blood, and given that he wasn't very familiar with the thin Ventrue, Cerberus wanted no part in the encounter.

The changing accents of the notes Martha is playing are not lost on Dillon, nor is the gentle tempo. He is amazed that she had the coordination to pull that off and hold a conversation at the same time. Amazed, but not necessarily surprised. Coming in just soon enough to hear where the new fellow was from, the Gangrel offers a respectful bow of his head to the women, and a friendly, polite nod to the other. He doesn't interrupt, either, but that's more to do with his interest in the music.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

While continuing to play gently, Martha smiles and cheerily introduces Ciara and Dillon, "Ah, splendid, sir...I shall talk to you of the local rules and Laws in a moment...the other matter too. But first..." she smiles to Ciara, "I should like to introduce you to the lovely Miss Maskelyne and the stalwart Deputy Dillon Connery. Miss Ciara Maskelyne is of the First Estate...and, as you can see, has a fine taste in hats! Deputy Connery is the Priscus of the local Gangrel!" she smiles, very happy at all this. With wide eyed excitement, she continues, "Miss Maskelyne, Deputy Connery: I should like to introduce Mr Neil Kingsley! Mr Kingsley is recently arrived from Los Angeles and is doubtless eager for advice and information about making a positive impression within this Domain!" she offers by way of conversational opening.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Cross

"Good evening, Deputy Connery, Miss Maskelyne," Neil said, his little Beast recoiling from the monsters raging within the Deputy and the Invictus lady. He bowed to Ciara and to Deputy Connery in turn. "It's a pleasure to meet you both this evening... and indeed, any advice you might have would be most welcome."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara raises a curious eyebrow as the Keeper introduces her to the new arrival. First shoes, now hats? The tiny Mekhet certainly had an interesting specific taste in fashion. The thought brings a soft smile to the Ventrue's lips, Ciara holding a thin hand out to Neil.* A pleasure, Mr Kingsley. *She says softly.

Turning to Dillon, she returns the man's respectful bow. Perhaps he was playing the role of Strong and Silent Type tonight, or perhaps he was just a man of few words. Either way, she would leave any words between them to start with the Deputy. Turning back to Neil, she thinks for a moment before answering.*

Advice? You never can go wrong with the basics: Be respectful, be patient, and always remember that this is an Invictus Domain. A little humility and... flexibility, can work wonders. *She answers with a playful grin.

It always amazed Ciara how many new arrivals forgot the basics of social survival.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

C
    Cross

"That's good advice. I'll be sure to follow it to the letter." Smile, as he listened to the Herald play.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha pauses in her playing and nods in agreement with Ciara's advice. "Quite so! Miss Maskelyne has offered some fine advice!" a cheery smile, she picks up her playing again and begins to play Chopin's Grand Waltz Brilliante E Flat major Op. 18 with simplicity. A basic rendition which she intends to serve only as background music. "Mr Kingsley...I have a presentation to show which builds towards Acknowledgement..I shall happily share it with you once I have worked with Chopin! Please feel to ask any questions...you have in Miss Maskelyne and Deputy Connery two Kindred well versed in the ways of this Domain. It is an opportunity not to miss!" she giggles merrily as she turns her bright eyed attention and dainty fingers to a tricky passage which dances across an octave or two.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon has that feeling of backroom politics again when Martha introduces Ciara as a member of the First Estate, and not Carthian... or even unaligned. The emphasis the Ventrue placed on the word flexibility isn't missed. One side of the Gangrel's mouth draws back a bit, in a friendly, lopsided smirk. "Glad to finally make your acquaintance, Miss Maskelene.

"And you as well, Mister Kingsley. As for advice, yes, that's the aptly stated core of success."
    Very aptly stated, actually. As in, Dillon is making sure to remember that one so he can use it during the next temporary Acknowledgement he does.

He could go into the usefulness of assisting the Deputies and generally not being an idiot, but really, what Ciara hadn't covered could wait. Then again, he could always toss the ball to Neil and see what the man comes up with. "But if you want to know anything more specific, I would be happy to point you in the right direction, if I can."

Dillon watches Martha's dainty little hands dance deftly across the keyboard with interest, but doesn't take his eyes from the conversation too long. He is always willing to help new members of the Domain, especially those that might have the potential to make the Realm grow and flourish. Besides being part of his duty, it was a chance to pass along the opportunities that had been given to him.

As always, the trick is finding out how useful the new chap will be.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread