Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1203) Josephine, Ariana and Charles

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    I
    Irina

A brief memory of meeting Charles a few months ago, materialised in the Haunt's mind, recalling their conversation. Christmas time, at the ice rink; she and Jennifer had been the first Kindred he had approached in the Domain.

As she stifled her Beast, Josephine smiled in the restrained but nonetheless polite, way that she had when greeting someone she was not entirely familiar with. "Mr. Black. It's... been a while." But then there were so many Kindred in the Domain, so many new faces to see and become familiar with, it was little surprise so much time could pass from one meeting to the next.

The response to Ariana was a little more familiar, and she looked very briefly amused: "Thank you, Seneschal Donovan. As it... turns out, I... am capable of shopping... for clothes."

The Haunt scanned the room as more Kindred began to arrive, her cool blue gaze scrutinising them a few seconds at a time. "Which is... fortunate, considering everyone else's... attire." Josephine was certainly no fashion expert, but to her the dress sense of the others seemed nice enough.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles bows his head to the Priscus,

"Thank you Seneschal, you are to kind, and if I may add, you to look lovely tonight as well."

He turns his attention then to the Good Doctor,

"Indeed it has Doctor, How long has it been, two, three months sense we meet?"

He says politely and friendly, for once he had not business to take care of at court, so he decided tonight would be exclusively about meeting the kindred of the domain. Vampires may be solitary creatures by nature, but by no means was any man an island if he was going to go far in the domain, he would have to have some allies.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

A
    Ariana Donovan

As more entered the Avalon underground, Ariana’s beast continued to toss about; hissing in her ear mostly to attack. Every now and again, it felt the equal strength and came to terms within. The Lordess kept her eyes peeled for new people, or those who caused any alert.

Her attention was still on the individuals before her. Laughing gently at Josephine’s comment, knowing they had went shopping together a while back she nodded. “Indeed, it seems that you are. Unfortunately I have not had much time as of late, thankfully I do have someone that is capable of picking out items that I need.” Ariana was always thankful for Felix’s taste.

“Thank you Mister Black.” She smiled with honesty. Although she had seen Charles not long ago in her office after he had paid her a visit to make himself known. “That evening on the ice was quite enjoyable. It had been many years since I had been skating.” With a quick laugh she added. “Surprisingly I did not fall once. It was probably a good thing since Deputy Lance Rayner had just a little bit of trouble. But he did really well for his first time.” She smiled with a bit of pride at her slight instruction.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles Chuckles,

"I to had not skated in a while as well and unfortunately, I did not have as much fortune as you, I'm afraid. Which is sad really, Skating on Lake Erie once it had frozen over was often times a lovely pass time. My only regret is not taking greater advantage of that opportunity whilst I still had it. However, I will admit the warmer weather here his a welcome relief from the near frigid weather back in Pennsylvania."

He remarks cheerfully, falling into a little bit of a haze of nostalgia, and blocking out the new beasts he wanted to devourer or assert his dominance.

I
    Irina

"Three months, give... or take a couple of weeks," Doctor Powell acknowledged, with a quick and easy smile. "Your attempts... were not so bad, Mr. Black... I think most of... us greeted the ice two or three times."

As Josephine thought back over the decades, she couldn't remember if she had ever actually skated on the ice before. She supposed she must have, at some point. She could certainly recall acquaintances commenting on it around Christmas time, and her grandparents would always take her to fun places every other weekend. But the Kindred had done so many things over the years, it was little wonder something so insignificant could be forgotten.

"Actually... the weather here was... one of the first things I... noticed when I arrived," the Haunt added, with a small nod of agreement to Charles's statement. That and the shops - yes, they were anywhere, but it was only arriving in Sacramento that had given the Haunt an actual reason to venture inside. Time had been too short lately too allow her the opportunity to wander inside the mall again. An amused smirk passed across her face as she considered sending Thomas to pick up a few things in her stead.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had a slight look of surprise on her face for a moment. “Oh, I did not think Lake Erie froze solid that often especially since Niagra Falls is within that lake. Of course I am sure parts of it would be safe to skate on toward the shore. When I travelled there many years ago I recall pictures taken in the early 1900’s when it was. Has it gotten that cold as of late again?” There was intrigued curiosity as she asked. The Lordess was from New York after all, and it was nearly a right of passage in that state.

Laughing a little about the temperature difference, she noted. “Yes, I had to remember not to wear a heavy winter coat. I see most residents prefer something lighter in the winter seasons around here. It is indeed quite the change to not entirely have four seasons.” As she recalled having to adjust her wardrobe slightly she smiled as she said. “Blending in was a little bit of an adjustment this past year.”

Her eyes peered down the halls as she spoke to Charles and Josephine. Keeping an eye on things as she conversed.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles chuckles at Doctor Powell's statement.

"True, I can at least take comfort in knowing I was not only one who had trouble staying up right."

He says jokingly and then replies to the Seneschel's question.

"To get to your question Seneschel, yes indeed it has gotten colder.In the last ten years, Erie has had some the coldest winters it has ever had, and if I recall correctly, we broke the local record for most amount of snow in one of those years. There were even some foolish people who thought that they could drive across the Ice to Canada, unfortunately for them they were very mistaken."

He says somewhat eagerly,

I
    Irina

"Hm. How fascinating. You... learn something new every... day," Josephine's head cocked to one side as she regarded the other Kindred. The Haunt's lips twisted in... amusement? Bemusement? Some combination of the two?

"It almost sounds... as though you watched cars sinking... through the ice for entertainment, Mr. Black." She didn't sound particularly judgmental about it, merely curious if that was his intended tone.

She glanced sidelong at Ariana, just very slightly, as if wordlessly asking 'is it just me who thinks that?'

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles suddenly takes a very disturbed look when the Doctor suggests that he watched the cars sink.

"Oh goodness no, forgive me if I gave you that impression. My enthusiasm was more for how extreme Erie's weather has been in the past decade, not for the loss of human life."

However, Charles could not help but think, for those foolish enough to think they could drive across the frozen lake, perhaps it was best that they had been taken out of the gene pool.

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Lordess definitely caught the look of Josephine. To those close to her, they would be able to depict what Ariana thought of this. Everyone had their own opinions on the life around them. It was certainly a point of view that she always tried to weigh from time to time.

“Extreme weather is sometimes followed by other extremes Mister Black. I too am from the northern states and understand what idleness can bring about.” Her voice pleasant as she described what boredom could do.

Her hand waived to change the subject. “Regardless, I believe we are all experiencing strange weather patterns. It has affected many things, especially the behavior and predictability of cultures and population.” Ariana noted as she made a topic suggestion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.