Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
Autumn Amongst the Treetops

Page 9 of 13 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
    K
    Kazakin

"YA-no... no..." Danny jerked out of his reverie so quickly that he almost tripped himself up on his own feet. He took a shaky breath, and licked his lips.

"Sorry, Mr. Bates, I get... nervous in crowds. I was just.. thinking about pledge crafting, that's all. So important to do right."

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

Still with a polite smile, Alec steps inside the boutique. 'A pleasure to meet you Ms. Nutkins-Pereg, and, Mr. Pereg.' The sincerity of his smile betrays that he is well aware of the couple. His eyes shortly look through the shop, almost instinctively.

Man and wife are at the lead. This must be an honorable City now.

'Something to drink would very much be appreciated...' He nods and wants to say her name, after a doubtful pause he asks, 'but I must ask, how do you wish me to address you Harvest Envoy, Dread Lord Pereg?' He looks at them both. Back in Oakland they made Alec realize everyone is quite informal most of the times, yet he should ask it to be sure about Sacramento.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Mr. Bates - Wizened: Chatelaine/Drudge, Autumn Mantle 4

Mr. Bates gives the other Wizened a nod. "I was never a big fan of crowds myself," he says, offering Danny a pleasant smile. "It took sometime getting used to, but I don't mind it as much anymore. The seasonal ceremonies and other parties at the hotel were a big help of course." The Chatelaine pauses for a moment, considering what Danny may be worrying about.

"You know, if you require any assistance with that, I'd be glad to help," he says and gives the Smith a polite nod.

L

"Rick's fine, I tend not to stand on ceremony all that much." He takes a step back from he door, clearing the way for Alec to come inside. "The food and drink's upstairs, along with the rest of the court. All the official business is over with," not that there'd been too much of that, "but no one's left yet so you still have a chance to meet some people, talk to them. And welcome to Sacramento, by the way. It's always nice to see new Autumns arrive."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Yeah, Terri is fine, also," she says with a smile. Once Alec had entered, Terri locked the door behind him. "Please, head on up, feel free."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

K
    Kazakin

But you decided to run a hotel first...? Brave man.Danny thought in mild confusion. At least it gave him time to calm down, and straighten himself out a bit. He smiled sheepishly, fiddling with his cane.

"I've been pledgesmithing for years," he explained. "It's just a confidence thing. As in, I don't have much, haha." The laugh came off nervous and strange, as the flickering lights and shadows of his mantle hung in the air around him.

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

'Oh okay, that is,' a relief? No, he is too used to being excessively formal, 'great!' He can happily smile though when he is welcomed so friendly.

Alec starts making his way upstairs while he speaks. 'I have been in Sacramento before, but that was a long time ago.' Obviously not something to talk about right now. 'I would love to get know all my fellow Courtiers.' The people upstairs probably would have heard him saying that.

Once there he looks at all the people gathered there. 'Good evening everyone.' He nods his head as a greeting. 'I'm Alec Valentine, the late but better late than never newest arrival.' Then he finished with a good looking but pretty shy smile.

Then to think even that is something I need to quote.
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

As Alec heads upstairs, Terri looks towards her husband, smiling. Her fingers flash a series of movements that he would understand.

Sign Language
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

Mr. Bates - Wizened: Chatelaine/Drudge, Autumn Mantle 4

"Sometimes confidence can be hard to come by, especially for those of our kind," says Mr. Bates to the other Wizened. "But you seem to be fairly good at what you do. So if your pledgesmithing is anywhere close to your skill with a forge, I'm sure you'll do fine." He offers Danny a reassuring smile before turning to the newcomer introducing himself.

"Mr. Valentine, a pleasure to meet you," says the Chatelaine as he offers a polite nod to the newest arrival. "I am Mr. Bates, Ashen Notary of the Leaden Coin and the manager of the Four Seasons hotel." He takes a brief pause before adding with a polite smile, "if you are in need of a place to stay, be it for a few days or for however long you like, don't hesitate to speak with me about it."

L
    LadyVictris

John nods as he listens to the tiger-man's explanation. Makes sense: big, well-meaning, not too bright. Easy to see how he'd tag along with the first people to give him orders, as long as they didn't piss him off. Nice that Autumn got him; he might learn more - in Summer he'd likely be another thug...

He shrugs. "We deal with weird stuff - no pun intended - every day. Of course it's hard to wrap your head around. I'm still struggling with things myself."

John's ears prick up as he hears Mr. Bates' offer to the new arrival. "That sounds like someone I need to talk to. Speak to you later, Stripes, was nice to meet."

Approaching Mr Bates, John nods politely in greeting and extends a hand. "Hi there. John Lapsley - I understand you're the man to talk to about lodging?"

Page 9 of 13 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread