Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Jim grinned at Chris's entrance. His Beast might have been rampaging within him at all of the Kindred in the room, but his voice was calm, quiet, meant for Chris's ears. "It's good to see you, Vala Wooding. Would you care to join me?" His eyes turned to the empty seats in the booth.

"I thought it might be good to know one another. The recent... meeting hosted by cousin Francesco..."
    His mouth formed a bit of an amused half-smirk for a moment as he thought back to Francesco Giovanni's dumb-as-fuck idea. "...certainly was interesting, but no fit place to chat."
    'Of course.' And so Chris does, following the Savage to the seats where he sits down. He shakes his head, still a bit in disbelief, and grins. 'Indeed. We seemed to share some ideas, even.'

He gazes through Court, and lowers his voice. There would be nothing secret to discuss, but if people really wanted to overhear their conversation they should come close. 'I'm glad not everybody acts so stupidly though. I mean... his ultimate goal was almost shocking, for a Kindred.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim's voice was also lowered as he grinned and shook his head. The stupidity of some people was truly appalling. "No doubt, my friend. Shocking is actually a very generous way of putting it."" He chuckled quietly. "I figure if one's looking to build a coterie, one should probably actually know the people involved before asking them! Ah well. At least we stopped it before it got out of hand, right?" He shrugged, a wry grin on his face. Francesco's actions had truly confused him, asking four people he didn't know at all to trust him to lead them in the destruction of the entire underworld.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Both the goal and the way to get there were crazy. And I have heard stories about the big guy that came in...' Chris is wise not to say his name. Voldemort was just as ugly, who knows? 'Well you don't wanna make him angry.'

Then with a smile he leans back. Time to get to know each other. 'So, tell me about yourself, but don't make this look like a speed date please.'

He heard of some Elders back in San Francisco that, now you're an immortal, you should try everything. And because you might regret the fact that you waited too long, you should try everything early.

But then we're talking about Acolytes aaand San Francisco.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

Jim half-smirked at Chris's remark. "And do you have much experience with speed dating, Vala Wooding?" He chuckled mirthfully, doubting it very much. Chris Wooding's lack of Beast showing suggested to him he probably wasn't a Majesty-flinging Daeva seducer -- Obfuscate not being a particularly common trait among Daeva -- but he certainly wasn't bad looking.

"Anyway -- as for me, there's the basics -- Gangrel, from Vancouver, about sixteen hours north. This is the second city I've really settled in; most of my Requiem I've been a nomad. Yet I enjoy the opportunities. This city has been pretty exciting since getting here. Generally speaking, I work in security and diplomatic measures; in this city, I do my best to help out the Deputies by patrolling in West Sacramento. I'd like to become a business owner eventually." He elected not to wave his Carthian flag around. Chris knew what he was and James wasn't about to divide them by pointing out covenant differences. He had no ill will for the Crone; indeed, he had gone to their Equinox ceremony specifically to support Chris and Jose.

He grinned. "Was that sufficiently not-speed-datey? How about you, sir? What brought you out this way?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Haha, no don't have any experience with that. Honestly I find it even a little sad, speed dating. People are so rushed, how can one ever find true love with speed dating?' Chris shakes his head and shrugs, this is not what they should be talking about right now.

'Are you doing patrols already?' Chris arches an eyebrow. 'The Domain will be happy with you! I must say I do walk around the Temple area now and then, but that's not recorded by any official. Though it might fit you better as someone experienced with security measures.' A short smile and then he turns to Jose Matias , who approached them.

'Brother Matias, please join us! We just started with a little more in-depth but not really in-depth introductions.' He grins and continues. 'Me, the studying Mekhet, do a lot of private research. I visit the library quite often, and the internet is great of course. I found the temple that the Circle uses now.' A proud smile then he waits a moment.

He waits for what he is about to say... 'And why I came here? Well, some Officials in San Francisco didn't really like me. You see, my five year old sire thought she could have a childe already, without asking. Breaking Laws cost her her head, fortunately I was given the opportunity to flee.'

m
    mabafu

José bows at the compliment "Vala Wooding ..." then looks to Jim "... Mr. Calloway ..." offering a smile to both "... good evening."

The Savage Novice take his seat near Chris and in front of Jim.

Damned strong devil the Taifa keeps inside himself...
    He thinks at the feeling of that well know Carthian beast and the usual absence of the Vala's one. However, maybe due to the recent struggle, the defeated Exu is well kept into his lair, deep inside José's soul.

As he'd just arrived in the middle of a convrsation, José awaits for Jim response to that introductory stuff, before engaging into it himself.

C
    Cross

"It's a beautiful temple you keep, sir. And I'm glad you were able to get clear of San Francisco -- what do you study, anyway?" Grin. He was going to say more, but Jose joined them. "Mr. Matias! How are you?" He offered his comrade a friendly handshake. "Vala Wooding has the right of it, we decided we'd get to know each other a bit better. It's good to see you."

The Carthian's Beast rose up, threatening to maim and rend and tear, but his meditations and victory over his Beast at the Temple of the Circle had given him greater self-control over the rampaging rhinoceros inside of him. It spitefully settled into the corner of its cage, snuffing and demanding violence -- but the wind had been taken from its sails, for now.

m
    mabafu

José returns the offered handshake "I'm just fine Mr. Calloway, thanks!" His rough hand firmly sustaining the hold, the usual nontestosteronic way.

"Well I hope I'm not interrupting anything ..." He says respectfully without any homoerotic hidden intent "... as I would like to hear more from both of you. I had little time to socialize last months... as I was settling myself, but I think it's about time to get out of the shell."

José looks around noticing, only now, the important people present. Any eye contact being answered either as a nod or a bow, as appropriated.

"Well... what to say from my perspective? Sacramento is a lot different from Vegas... you have little options to go there..." He makes a little pause, then saying with a whispered voice "... the Sanctified ... they aren't friendly there ... "

OOC:Note

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'How could you be interrupting when we ask you to join us?!' Chris laughs as he sees Jose already takes a seat. And he nods when the man explains his situation.

Where are they friendly? Certainly not in Sacramento.' Chris gives Jose an understanding look, nodding empathetic. 'I can't say I have good experiences with them in this Domain either. But in the big cities, there is always a way to avoid your enemies.' Especially when you're willing enough, in case those enemies are a lot stronger than you are.

'But to stick with the happier topics,' suddenly in a non-whispering tone again he looks at Jim, 'I mostly do cultural studies, researching about the influence of movies and television. Lately I focus on the Horror genre.' He finishes with a grin, when you'd expect a doctor or economic this is slightly different. 'I just do what I like, since I don't believe it is easy to get a worthy job... being in our position.'

He grinned as Chris noted the impossibility of Jose interrupting when he was invited. Chris's answer summed it up, although he disagreed somewhat with the man's assessment. Sidor Grigoriev was intimidating as fuck in Jim's experience -- the man had no visible face, and that was unnerving -- but Dillon Connery and Josephine Powell weren't bad folks. Having seen Dillon and his brothers and sisters at Mass when first he arrived in the city, he was fairly sure of who the established Sanctified were, with their sum sanctus! and their rituals. Jim didn't have any beef with them. He said quietly, "I dunno, Deputy Connery's a decent sort..." He shrugged, not willing to paint the Sanctified all with the same scary brush. "Have you been in the Western USA long then, Mr. Matias?"

Then Chris raised his voice to a normal level and Jim found himself listening. Chris' profession was interesting, although the Taifa wondered how the Vala made any money. "To be honest, I think that's more productive than trying to work in a mortal profession. The Requiem requires development of the self. I wouldn't have time for that if I was working nine to five, you know what I mean? Do you write reports and publish or is it mostly just for your own edification?" He meant nine PM to 5 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread