Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Daniella & Chase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Beside her he stood respectfully. Her gentle voice and the content it carried gave him hope for the evening. The smile stuck to him as he answered her, "Such cordiality, I am grateful to receive your kindness. I am well, complacent in my affairs for the moment. To think that my Requiem could bear such fruit the likes of which I could not achieve as a mortal shell." Of course Chase would not admit that he was never quite content with what he had, but so long as everything fell within his plans he was satisfied. "And what of you, gracious lady, how do you fare?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

The Shadow could not help but be on guard a little around Chase, she had not forgotten what Charles had approached her with at the last Court. But it doesn’t show, her tone remains friendly, a little upbeat, “I am glad to hear you are doing well, sounds like Sacramento is treating you well. Have you had a chance to go out and enjoy the town?” she asks. It was always good to see what the new faces were up to when Court was not going on. “Seems we've never had a chance to talk, could you tell me more about yourself? Are you from the area?” she asks, curious.

“I can’t complain, things are going quite well. Of course my various duties have been keeping me busy, but I wouldn’t want it any other way.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Chase nods before replying, "Well my mortal family has an estate on the edge of the city, and I was raised there until my college days. I spent those in Boston where I met my Embrace. I've only returned to the land of my youth half a year ago hoping to obtain the support of my father's wealth." It was quite an honest answer but he had never been shy about his situation. He didn't regard it as a vulnerability in the least.

"The reason for this is because like my father I am an entrepreneur. Just this month I've opened my start-up company in Internet Services. I'm really excited for the company's growth. Do you have any interest in computers, perchance?" asked the Lord earnestly.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She didn’t know many Kindred who returned to their ‘old’ life before the Embrace, “You are one of the few I have spoken with who has maintained some sort of connection with their prior existence.” She found it rather interesting, the last contact she had with her father had been on his death bed. “Do you have a good relationship with your family?” she asks with genuine curiosity. It makes her wonder if she would have been able to talk with her parents after her Embrace, but it was something to think about later.

“Ah, how wonderful! It is always nice to hear of our kind breaking into the business world. Is that what you attended college for?” she had to take some time to look into classes at the local university soon. “Well, I have some knowledge of them; my Sire was not very fond of them, so my studies have not been very extensive. But I am always interested in learning new things, and computers is something that has been on my list.” She had wanted to ask Jennifer for lessons, but unfortunately had not had the chance to ask her.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Chase tried to read the Bailiff for a sense of disapproval in her words, fearing his choice of family interaction may have been inappropriate. But she seemed genuinely interested. The question she posed was not an easy one for him, "A good relationship? Well...we've come to an understanding about our relationship. College was meant to groom me for an executive position in computer technologies, but after meeting my Sire I had to distance myself somewhat." Throw off the collar of control, more like, thought Chase inwardly. His father was not a man to be trifled with, even if he were only mortal.

"So I've started this company as evidence of my readiness to further the family name and fortune. Computers have become so ingrained in modern society that I think it a boon to have knowledge of them. But at the same time they're designed to be user friendly for simple tasks so it depends on what you'd plan on doing with them."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

By the way he worded things, it sounded like his father was a difficult man, “An understanding? Sounds like your father was very demanding with his expectations. Did you have a chance to finish college?” she understood how hard it could be living with a demanding person.

“How is the company doing? As you have said, computers have become such a huge part of our society, I would imagine there is a high demand for a company such as yours. I can do the basic functions with a computer, turn it on, use the internet, just the small stuff.” She says with a soft laugh, “But at some point I think it would be beneficial to know how to do,” she pauses, searching for the right words, “more important tasks, such as security and the like.”

"I only received two degrees in my academia, and I never did attend the executive training, so he was quite disappointed, but no matter, I've made my way nonetheless. The company is...fine for the moment. There is quite a bit of competition locally, so I'm attempting to weasel my way into their consumer base." He put a hand to his chin, feigning a calculating expression, the schemer for a moment. But another smile passes over him and he continues on, "But enough about me. I am merely a mote floating on the wind. But you, you have found your place in the Dance and sure-footing in your Requiem, have you not? Tell me, if you please, how long have you made the River City your home?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“I hope you are successful Mr Ankers! It sounds like you know what you are doing, and I wish you all the luck.” She says genuinely. She enjoyed seeing Kindred being successful.

When he shifts the conversation to her, she nods her head, “I do seem to have found my place here, and I am thankful for the chances I have been given. Though it seems like I only arrived, I have actually been here almost a year. So I guess I’ve had a fairly successful year so far.”

"Indeed, quite successful to have earned such responsibility. You must naturally be more outgoing or exceedingly capable," flattered Chase with sincere admiration. "If I have any concerns with the security of the Domain I'm certain to seek you out." As he continued to speak with the Bailiff he seemed less and less concerned with the question of protocol that had weighed on his mind before. So much so that he nearly forgot about it. "I can see why you are the expert on social graces. It is a treat to entreat on your time and company."

The silence of the superior Beast and the exotic loveliness she embodied may have also have come into play in Chase's assessment of Daniella.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Smiling, “I like to think it is a little of both.” She says with a small laugh. When he mentions security concerns, “I am flattered you would think of me, though the one to speak to for any security concerns would be Reeve Greyson, or one of the very capable Deputies. But please feel free to contact me anytime, my phone is always on and I am more than happy to be of any assistance I can.” She states. “Thank you!” she says with a smile, “I must say, I've been impressed with your social graces this evening, you had a great teacher.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.