Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1205) Danny & L'aire

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Kazakin

The Dancer waved to Terri Nutkins when she saw her. Then her face made a quick shocked expression and swiftly turned apologetic when it seems like she caught the Wizened off guard. She nearly didn’t catch all of what he said till she played it back in her head. Wow calm down.

Standing on the balls of her feet like she normally did, she leaned in slightly. “Hi, I’m L’aire or Sasha in other places.” If her cool breath while speaking didn’t give it away, the Fairest thought she should mention since he was kind enough to do so. “I’m a Winter…uh nobody, haha.” The Dancer returned his fangy smile with her own pleasurable grin. “Good to meet you, Danny.” It was slightly difficult not to meet his speed of tongue and the Dancer's internal rhythm helped her keep a normal pace.

"L'aire? That's an interesting name,"
    Danny said awkwardly, trying to keep track of himself. She was too beautiful. Why did beautiful women always want to talk to him? It didn't make any sense. He wasn't beautiful. In fact, he was pretty disgusting, when he thought about it at all, which wasn't often.
    Maybe it's pity? I guess that would make sense... pity for the sick-looking guy.

"The uh, the title's just a fancy way of saying I make things. Lots of things. Metalwork mostly, but I can do... pretty much anything."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer wasn't sure if interesting was a compliment or an insult, but Danny didn't make it sound like an insult. She shrugged slightly. "It sort of sounds like its meaning." Her pose almost appeared the she could spring into step.

"So was your title self proclaimed or something?" Her head searched curiously. Freeholds were different everywhere, she had no idea how anything was done here yet. Since Dorian was sooooooo helpful. "Pretty much anything." L'aire mused out lout. "Like what? How about an example?" She smiled with the question.

K
    Kazakin

"Um... I guess it means 'air'?" Danny said, wondering if she was playing a joke on him. If she was, he didn't get it. He wished he wasn't so flustered. Why was it so hard to talk to women? Why couldn't they stop being so easy on the eyes?

"It's... no, it's not self-proclaimed. I got it from the King. Because I'm a craftsman..." Danny fiddled with his cane, but he knew better than to draw it. "I make swords... weapons of all kinds, really... armour... I sculpt... I made a glass swan for Queen Katrin, I don't know if you've... seen it. I don't know where she put it, honestly, I hope she liked it."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer quickly nodded with a grin. “Yeah, pretty much. It’s a dancing term.” And about the only thing my keeper gave me that I can live with. The Winter Fairest didn’t necessarily hate herself, that was all focused on her durance. Her hand flipped to Danny while she asked. "Do you dance at all?" Her thoughts pondered what kind of odd glow they'd both make on the dance floor. Would it clash or compliment.

She brought her hand back up in an apologetic fashion to the Wizened. “Oh, sorry. I’m glad you clarified.” She made a quick smile before continuing. Her head titled gracefully to the side with a curious expression. “You must be really useful to your court. And about the swan, I haven’t seen it yet. But Queen Byeli may have it somewhere personal.” It was clear that L’aire was clueless as to what Katrin would have done with it.

“So how long have you been in this Freehold?” The Dancer chuckled. “If ya can’t tell, I’m relatively new.” She knew it was glaringly obvious but she thought she'd mention it anyway.

K
    Kazakin

"Oh, okay, that makes... sense. I don't dance. I mean, I guess I could dance, I just don't dance because you can't really dance on your own and I don't really cope with people very well?" Danny said, any attempt at sounding like a serious, well-mannered person completely lost in the complicated, nervous splurge. He blinked at being called 'useful'.

"Um... I guess I am, I mean, I like making things so I'm useful to pretty much any Court."
    Danny felt faintly disappointed that she hadn't seen the swan, and hoped that wasn't a rejection of his work. His confidence always felt screwed up around beautiful women, and talking to L'aire while thinking about Queen Katrin just messed it up totally.

"I um, I arrived in um... Autumn last year, the tail end. About the same time as Aaanya."
    The last word came out odd as he tried not to grimace out the Draconic's name. Scary and hot in a summer way instead of a Winter way. If he ever got caught between Anya and Queen Katrin, he'd probably burst into flames out of sheer embarrassment.

S
    Sasha

The Fairest wondered if Danny’s explanation of not dancing was some sort of way of saying I’m alone or lonely. “Well, you can dance on your own. A lot of people solo dance, hip-hop, crumping, break-dancing and other stuff.” Her face was puzzled for a moment at his not coping and she quirked a smile. “Don't you talk to people, right? Isn’t that part of coping?” She asked kindly.

She pleasantly shrugged to his useful description and turned her head slightly. “Well useful is good. I dance mostly.” There was a few other things she could do, but not entirely worth mentioning.

“Oh, so you’ve been here a while.” Her face gave a questioning look. Not compared to Terri, but seemingly long in the Winter's eyes. “Anya? I’m not entirely sure who that is. Maybe you could point her out or something?” She assumed it was a woman, the name was generally associated with females.

K
    Kazakin

"I er... I think I'd look pretty silly dancing on my own," Danny mumbled, and shrugged. Of course he talked to people. If he didn't talk to people, he'd go completely nutso and probably end up crafting small intricate cuckoo clocks while burying animals in his basement and trying to kill the mailman.

Changelings could be so messed up sometimes.

"A little while, yes... Oh, Anya? She's over there-"
    Danny pointed one long, multi-jointed finger at the enigmatic purple Dragon. "The scary hot one." He apparently realised what he'd said and went faintly green. "I mean, she's... scary. And... shutting up now."

Idiot!

S
    Sasha

The Dancer flared her hand. "Nooo. It's not silly. People do it all the time. They do it at random, and do it at home too. " She turned her head a little secretively. "Although, sometimes if you're unsure, do it in a club and no one will really notice. Not to mention, you can pick up on other new tricks." She laughed a little. She wasn't really trying to convince him to go do it, but she'd rather at least try to be encouraging.

L'aire's head turned in the direction Danny pointed. "Scary...what?" Her eyebrows knitted in confusion for a moment. She could see the Draconic's physical prowess. "Uh, ok. I'll give you the gorgeous part, but the other descriptor..." Her head titled and she continued. "Any particular reason you chose that word?" And why did you suddenly shut yourself up?

K
    Kazakin

"Nah, don't like clubs. They're loud, and besides, people give me weird looks. It's the appearance, if you show up some place like a restaurant or a club looking like this, they expect you to cough up your lungs and die in the middle of the dance floor," Danny said, looking self-conscious. Besides, the flashing lights were bad, and a lot of clubs had mirrors,and he wasn't going to stand near them in the dark and flashing lights oh God no.

"What, 'scary'? You don't see it?" the Wizened Smith blinked. "She scares the Hell out of me. Not that she's... well, I dunno, I guess she could be, she's just... she laughs in this kind of... it's hard to explain, she just is."

S
    Sasha

L’aire wondered if Danny was fishing for a compliment, or being brutally honest. Either way, even though some of their kind’s change could be disturbing or downright grotesque, she wouldn’t judge. Hell Aldamoth was creepy as hell, but he seemed amiable. The truly ugly were those who were evil… and any who wanted to drag her back. “Well, I’m not gonna push you if that’s the way you feel Danny.” The Dancer’s form shrugged with her shoulders.

“Okay, but why does she scare you?” She looked to the Draconic again and back to the Wizened. “Did she do something to you?” The Fairest asked, now a little concerned. Or was this a case of the old book judging stuff. "Laughs in the kind of...what? If you have a reason, I'm all ears." That was a horrible pun and self insulting if by accident. L'aire wasn't angry, she was just trying to figure out why he was so... unnerved. Then again, she was at a fair distance from the purpled woman, perhaps it was different in close proximity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread