Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
MnG 8: Kiko & Toren

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Score! An authentic native of the orient! thought Toren excitedly. He tried to be accommodating of the lady's bashful nature by keeping calm and friendly.

"Ah, so you're new to Sacramento then? I should welcome you then to the city. I hope you enjoy the sights and architecture, such as this one. It is quite different from the wooden structures of, oh I don't know, let's say Japan," he guessed judging her appearance. "Before the Western influence on that country Japan used very little stonework in their structures. But there's lots of stone here..." Toren purposefully pointed with a wave of his hand across the room to the wall where the Atlantean read in clear text. He glanced expectantly at her, to see if there were any reaction while he activated his mage sight to see if his suspicions were true.
      Dark Matter, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-03-19 16:56:07 Toren rolls 7 to cast Dark Matter [Science+Matter] (10 Again) 9, 4, 9, 2, 3, 7, 6 2 successes
    "...as well as fine sculptures. If you examine the craftsmanship you may be impressed." As his vision flared with his magical nimbus one might hear the subtle sounds of stones clacking together and the creaking of wooden floorboards.

k
    kimura

Looking up at him she smiled "You guessed correctly Sir, I am from Japan. Kyoto in fact" she turned her head watching what happened as she smiled a little brighter "I am blessed to be in such Wise company it would seem"

She walked over to where the writing was and ran her hand over it "To know that which must be known and to experience that which must be felt are these not the finer points in Life?" she looked back at Toren a moment before turning and closing her eyes as if in prayer while still having her hand against the wall before speaking softly once more in her native language ""I come to this place in peace. May the Kami of this place accept me as I abide by their wishes"

Toren nodded, he could relate to that. Knowledge and experience were both quite important when applying that knowledge to a given task. He allowed Kiko a moment as it seemed she was having a private moment within herself. His smile kept patiently, as if etched from stone. When she seemed finished he would say, "My name is Toren. Do you have any questions about this place or even Sacramento in general? If you have questions of a more sensitive nature we can always grab some tea and head to a private booth to speak." Japanese liked tea, didn't they? He would probably grab a tea latte most likely.

k
    kimura

"Tea? Yes please, do they have sweet tea here? I have grown quite accustomed to drinking it when I was in Washington" she smiled a little bit more relaxed as she looked around "I do believe that a nice quiet place to talk is a good idea, maybe even exchange recipes? Do you cook?"

k
    kimura

[] also please forgive me as I'm still getting use to the chat :/ []

OOC

Toren was fairly sure the cafe did carry teas but all the same he said, "Why don't we have a look then. It sounds like your time in Washington was quite the experience." He extended his arm towards the barista inviting her to follow as he walked to the counter. "Alas, I can't say I'm much of an expert of foods. I do enjoy fish, noodles, and certain cheeses though, but I can't say I have much in the way of recipes. I'm sure someone here may have such an interest."

Once at the counter he'll follow the Western custom of allowing the lady to order first. Once she had he would order his vanilla tea latte and then direct her to a booth in the back away from prying ears.

k
    kimura

Kiko ordered a sweet tea as she allowed Toren to get their drinks as she looked around "I love to cook, always have. tempura noodles are nummy" she grinned a little impishly then taking a sip of her drink she motioned with her hand "I am a stranger in a strange land Sir so please, after you"

Toren nodded his understanding as he guided them to their seats. "Asian cuisine. I've always wondered how different it tastes when made in its authentic country," he mused aloud before blowing lightly on the froth of his milky tea drink. He looks the woman over again, as if trying to pick up on something he's missed.

"I am right in guessing you are awake right now?" He didn't want to have to scrutinize her aura to make sure but there was always the chance he might have made a mistake. She seemed to respond to his own nimbus but he wanted to be clear before he mentioned anything of his own nature.

k
    kimura

"Am I awake? I sure hope so otherwise this tea I'm drinking isn't real and that... would be very depressing" she said with a straight face as she watched his expression a moment, until they had walked around a little bit before she felt comfortable enough grinning like the Cheshire Cat...

"Hai, I walk among the Wise, Sempai"

He laughed joyfully at her response, not expecting her to be so playful in her personality. "Ah, I like that, the Wise. I certainly would like to think so, though sometimes I wonder. Sempai, hmm, that means teacher doesn't it? If you like I could speak volumes concerning architectural concepts. Do you know much about architecture?" he asked hopefully. It was rare that he could invoke a conversation about the art of building and structural design and it would be a delight if she were at all familiar with the architecture of her origin country.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread