Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
The Lost Nuthouse

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last

Justin wasn't disconnected enough from his human element to not catch the innuendo. If anything it was disturbing.

He tried to remember the last time he actually felt, well, there was no other name for the sensation but squicky. The visual cue of a skeevy Groucho Marx eyebrow quirk didn't hurt when he searched through his mental files for a Does Not Want reference.

"I'm not going to be watched if I use the toilet, am I? Because that would really piss me off."

I
    Irina

"I'm sure they would not do that. It would be quite perverted," Anya remarked bluntly, but in a way that only a concerned parent could. "Isn't that right, Dr. Arbuckle?"

She levelled a determined stare at their guide. He was probably used to overprotective parents.

The Draconic glanced back at Rook, too, as if simply wondering about his thoughts on the matter; just like a loving wife should.

"Oh no! No one will be watching you," says the doctor. "That is exactly why each room has its own private bathroom, to ensure a sense of privacy and so our patients can feel comfortable without having anyone intruding in said privacy." He offers Anya and the rest a pleasant smile, even though he is slightly perturbed by the fact that the question was even asked in the first place. "There is one thing though; the bathrooms do not have any mirrors. It is a precaution taken to ensure the safety of our patients of course," adds Dr. Arbuckle in a reasurring tone.

He then leads the group to one of the doors, probably one to an unoccupied room. "Here, I can show you one of the rooms so you get a chance to see what they look like from the inside," he says to the group as he pulls out a set of keys and starts unlocking the door.

Meanwhile, Swilla leans in a little closer to Spartan and whispers in a low tone, "we are in...but what now?"

K
    Kazakin

When Anya turned her head, Rook took advantage and nodded sharply towards the door that he could see glowing. His Wyrd burned, begging for him to open it and step through. He could feel the fires inside him blazing with the Pledge he had made to gain this ability.

What were they waiting for? They had to get rid of the Doctor and get through the door.

If only he could speak. Hadn't he been persuasive once? His Fetch could certainly talk a good game.

All that was lost, taken away with his tongue. He was useless here, mute. It wounded his pride. He had to come up with something, if the others couldn't.

S
    Spartan

"That's our way in... but we do not know if these people are innocents or not." Spartan says quietly to Swilla, looking to the door that Rook nodded at.

"Excuse me, Doctor, whats through this door?" Spartan asked aloud so he could be heard, gesturing to the Door with the gate behind it...

Swilla just gives Spartan a nod and then says, "innocent until proven guilty."

When asked about the particular door, Dr. Arbuckle turns to look at where the hoplite is pointing at. "That? Its just another room," he says to the Summer King. "All the rooms on this hall are living quarters for the patients."

S
    Spartan

"Who's room is that?" Spartan asked... trying not to loose his patience with this doctor.

Dr. Arbuckle raises an eyebrow slightly at the question. "It is the room of one of our patients," he says in response. "That's as much as I can tell you. I'm sure you understand that any information regarding our current or past patients is confidential."

He takes a pause and then adds, "after all, we do abide by confidentiality agreements between our staff and the patients here." With that, the doctor turns to Justin with a reassuring smile and says, "so you don't have to worry about anyone finding out that you are staying with us. Even after your treatment has been completed."

I
    Irina

With Rook's indication, the Draconic turned once toward the door and then back to Dr. Arbuckle. They could not stand around and chat to the man all afternoon; they were here for a more important reason than sending Justin to a psych ward. As amusing as it was to play not-so-happy-but-very-dysfunctional families, they needed to get a move on.

Anya slipped a hand into the pocket of her coat, and let out a sharp mutter of frustration. "Damn it, I dropped my purse!" Her expression was displeased, as if this was just a new problem on top of everything else. She made as if to walk back the way they had come, but hesitance stopped the concerned mother in her tracks.

"I probably shouldn't wander past the patients on my own, not after their reaction the last time."
    Anya looked to Dr. Arbuckle, an almost desperate look in her eyes. "I really don't want anyone to pick it up, I'm certain I had it just before the tour started, could you see if you can find it, please?"

4 Successes to Persuasion - WP - 3 Glamour used
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-10 13:23:12 Anya Wyrmblood rolls 11 to Presence + Persuasion + Fairest + WP +3 Glamour (10 Again) 3, 2, 9, 2, 7, 1, 4, 8, 6, 1, 10, 10, 6 4 successes

Dr. Arbuckle turns his attention to Anya as the Draconic plays the "damsel in distress." He takes a quick look around to see if her purse is anywhere to be seen. "I'm sure one of the staff members picked up," he says to her. "We can go check the lost and found if you like."

However, the doctor is unable to resist the desperation in the Fairest's eyes. "You know, we aren't too far from the common area," he says, offering her a reassuring smile. "Why don't I go take a peek real quick and see if you dropped it there?" He takes a quick pause and then adds, "don't go anywhere, I'll be right back and then I can show you the rest of the facilities."

With those words, Dr. Arbuckle turns around and walks down the hall in the direction they had just come from, leaving the group of changelings behind.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-05-10 20:40:45 Dr. Arbuckle rolls 5 to resist Anya's persuasion (10 Again) 4, 8, 2, 9, 6 2 successes

Page 11 of 13 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.