Keen eyed readers may have spotted this article in the Sacramento Bee from March 16.

MYSTERY OF SECOND HEADLESS CORPSE

By KIM WALTERS

Friday March, 16 2012 9.00 pm

Local construction contractor, 43, found the remains of an unidentified body close to the tracks of the Sacramento Light Rail station at Sunrise. Acting on a passenger report that there was a possible obstruction on the Gold Line the worker investigated.

Sacramento Police Department have said that the body is now with the County Sheriff's Office for an autopsy. Unofficial police sources report that the body was headless but refuse to speculate if the body is linked to the corpse of the unidentified male found in the American River last December.

"A passenger on the last train to Folsom reported seeing something near the track. So we went to investigate. At first I thought it was a deer or dog or something that might've been hit by the train. But when I saw it was a body, I called for back-up. Could be a suicide. But we didn't get any reports of one of our trains striking anything, or anyone, today." said the 43 year old construction worker. The Regional Transport spokesperson declined to comment, saying that the matter was a matter of investigation by the proper authorities.