Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
WiW: Books books books!

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Jim simply muttered, "Gotta get me one of those..."

A
    Ariana Donovan

The Deava side of the Russian woman finally came out to play when Yekaterina mentioned there was a vanity reason for the iphone.

“I do have a tablet computer which is rather useful on the go. So I would not say I am entirely behind the times for techonology.” She smirked with a wink to Chris. The Lordess could not help but chuckle when Chris mentioned iTunes.

Pointing to the Deava’s phone Ariana raised her brow. “Now that is quite useful.” Nearly agreeing with James' sentiment.

There was a moment that the Ventrue looked like she was contemplating something. Then her hands went into a slight surrendering motion. “Okay, I believe you both have convinced me to upgrade from my ‘old’ Blackberry.” She chuckled softly. “You are both quite the sales people.” Shaking her head a little she added. "Now I believe I will need to take some time to go do this upgrading thing soon." Or send Felix to do it. Although it was hard to say which she exactly wanted at the moment, more expandable, or a phone that listened when she gave it a command. Of course, what Ventrue would not like that.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

'Oh I'm sorry Miss Alexandrovitch... I sometimes try too hard to be right. But it was just a friendly discussion.' Chris gives the Russian woman a wry smile. 'Of course everything is very personal, but I might overreact a little since I very recently found it all out on my search for a new phone.'

He smiles when everyone is awed by the news that appears. Okay, it is useful, when technology recognizes all voices perfectly. This voice stuff is a little bit too new right now.

'I would never dare to say you are behind the times for technology, Miss Donovan.' She has a tablet, those things are awesome. Well, they look awesome, Chris has no experience with them yet. 'Upgrading can take quite some time though, there are so many options. A lot of very expensive options... but having a tablet already should make a phone less important. Just to call actually,' He grins again, 'since tablets are actually big smartphones, that only miss the call function.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

L
    Lazy Cow

Yekaterina silently resumed her normal listening pose as the trio went on with their opinions.

She only offered them a soft smile while her fingers casually touched the suface of the i-phone as if to show the others how easy it was to browse for contents in the machine.

After that she turned to both Ariana and Jim and quietly nodded at their words of approval.

Then as Chris spoke the smile of the Daeva expanded a little bit.

“It’s ok Mr. Wooding…” Yekatrina calmly adds as the Mekhet finishes his sentence, her chracteristic russian tone slightly more audible than usual.

“…you are right to try hard for what you believe...” She added in an almost cryptic way.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“Well thank you Mr. Wooding. The only thing that is an issue between a tablet and a phone that makes updates, like those that Ms. Alexandrovitch has, is Wi-Fi." Gesturing to Yekaterina's phone again. "Not every place is equipped and some places require pass codes for their networks. A phone, on the other hand, would always be able to receive updates such as the news. Much like I receive email on my phone if I understand it correctly.”

Of course the Lordess understood the advantages of technology. She was, after all, an editor and journalist. There was that extra advantage of control she could have if she were to upgrade a few things. This, of course, intrigued the copper haired Seneschal.

Jim, for his part, observed the exchange and was simply trying to learn what he could. He wasn't good with gadgets (of the electronic variety, anyway), a content smile on his face. Maybe he'd learn a thing or two about today's tech.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Chris arches an eyebrow to Yekaterina again, surprised. What the f? I'm just apologizing for my childish behavior. After a shake of his head he turns to Ariana though, not sure what to think of the Russian Daeva.

'Hmmm, that's true. I hadn't thought about that yet.' He grins with a nod. All the electronics, the world would be dead without it. Or at least if someone would take them all away this very moment.

Then the Vala looks around, checks the back of his book, and looks up again. I should probably buy this soon, before the shop closes... I've waited long enough. Not buying books you actually want and can simply buy is its own form of tribulation, well, Chris hopes it counts as some sort of abstinence.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

L
    Lazy Cow

The quiet Daeva resumes her posture listening to the other kindreds.
    She looks toward Ariana, which seems slightly confused about how the phone and tablets work…

When the silence lingers for a while the woman simply adds.

“Miss Donovan, I think some versions of the newer tablets might be able to connect to the internet using your mobile network.”

Then she resumes to her more contrived pose.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Waiving a finger in the air in the direction of Yekaterina. "I believe you have a point. I had forgotten that it was a possibility. Although I believe my Blackberry is 3G and it is the 4G phones that have more capability."

The Lordess shook her head. "Okay, I see I need to make a trip to the store relatively soon with all the pointers you have given me." Looking to Chris then Yekaterina. She turned her head to look at James and waved her hand between the Daeva and Mekhet. "After all this discussion Mr. Calloway, are you also convinced that an upgrade is needed?" A soft wink moved over her eye in a flicker.

"So I found another subculture it seems. One disguised as technology." She chuckled softly as she mentioned it. The copper haired Ventrue was always surprised at what she learned from other members of the Domain. Sometimes a casual conversation turned into something quite amazing.

Jim chuckled and nodded. "Yes, yes, I think so. I'm sure there are ways to get the durability I want with all of the neat applications." Grin. "It'll be weird to go some way other than Blackberry!"

The Taifa was old-school, it was true. But if his life would be made easier by upgrading from his Blackberry/brick/phone suitable for beating someone to death with, then he'd have to do it.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread