Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
WiW: Books books books!

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    L
    Lazy Cow

“Does my I-Phone do everything i want it to do?” the Russian Daeva pondered quietly… while repeating Ariana's phrase in a lower tone.

“No.” she stated plainly.

“I think it works the other way around… when we acquire one we start to get used to what it offers, and then we can’t pass a day without it…” not that Yekaterina couldn’t live without her cellphone… far from that, but she didn’t bothered if others thought so… perhaps she even encouraged it.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

A moment even Chris is amazed when the phone talks back. Isn't he the neonate here who should be up-to-date when it comes to modern technology? She doesn't even watch movies. 'I've had an iPhone, but I recently bought a new version of the Samsung Galaxy.' Apple is so expensive, and Chris isn't the poorest guy, but why not spare money where possible?

'I figured that having an iPod touch makes an iPhone unnecessary. Just as I never tried to do those voice things, it doesn't always work very well. Un-less one speak-s ver-y clear-ly.' The Mekhet grins as he lightly exaggerates. 'As for all the other functions on my phone, I can't miss them indeed.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

L
    Lazy Cow

“Samsung Galaxy.” The Daeva says.

“Yes… I’ve seen those.” She offers in a confidant tone.

“But, tell me Mr. Wooding, what features do you favor in the Samsung?” she queried pausing for a short while only to proceed.

“They did strike me as rather uninteresting...” She lingered a while longer.

“Compared to the I-Phone of course… since I started using mine I don’t leave home without it, one can even say there’s an entire subculture around them nay?” she concludes with a short smile at the Mekhet.

Jim looked across to Ariana, a slight half-smile on his face. "I wish I was a bit more tech-savvy, myself," he quipped, his half-smile breaking into a sheepish grin as he looked over at Chris and then around at all three of them. "Would someone care to explain the differences? I feel... old-school."

The Kindred, who no doubt would feel the pressure of his rampaging rhinoceros of a Beast bearing down on them, probably would know exactly what that meant. His blood was potent. Jim had been around when the telephone was newfangled. He wasn't great with devices and such. He felt positively older than dirt.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris arches an eyebrow when Yekaterina says a Samsung is uninteresting. As if the differences are so big? 'There is indeed a whole subculture around Apple, or rather a religion with Steve Jobs as god. I'm a big fan of apple, I plan to buy an iPad... but trying a phone different seemed fine to me. I don't regret it either.'

He looks at Jim and shrugs lightly. 'The differences are not even that big. The only advantage about iPhone is that you belong to the religion then, and it might look somewhat smoother. Then when you consider that Apple has its own control system... which is overprotective. With an Apple product you can only work together with most of the other Apple products. The strict set of rules fits the monotheistic religion quite well though. For example, you have a 16 or 32 GB iPhone, that's all the options. While the Samsung can be expanded with all extra's from 8 to 64 Gb.' His questioning expression is turned at Yekaterina. 'Some other, not very special, differences are that the iPhone 4 has a less inch screen but is bigger and thus heavier.'

Once finished he winks to Ariana, her suddenly being appointed as the neutral judge. 'Need I say more?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    Ariana Donovan

There was a comparison that Ariana did not expect; the Apple computer systems being followed as a religion. “I think that a lot of technology has different ‘followings’ of any given type. Phones, computers, or wireless technology all have their own types of users who want different things.”

Her hand gently gestured as she continued her point. “It is all a matter of individual choice and what suits the users needs or taste. This can be true of any subculture of course.” The Lordess said as a reflection from where the first part of the conversation started. “In my opinion, people should use what they feel comfortable using. Unfortunately, advertising persuades us all to make that choice; although some of us seem to bypass that advertizing at times.” It was clear by her tone that she meant herself as she glanced to her purse.

As she looked to the three around her, she spoke. “I personally use technology because it’s a necessity for my profession. There are a few things I enjoy using for convenience, but that is all I use it for. Hence, why I use a blackberry albeit outdated in some ways.” Chuckling softly the redhead looked to Chris with a wink.

L
    Lazy Cow

Yekaterina listened to the conversation unfold, her eyes observed the small cues and the behavior of the protagonists… she delighted at this game…

So she decided to agitate the waters a little more… yes; some dark corner of her personality demanded to know more, malice had to be spread…

The Russian kindred’s eyes turn to Chris and her smile widens a bit with poison.

“Yes, I just bought my I-Phone because I want to be seen with it.” She says while a grin crosses her lips.

Then she quietly continues.

“Well, Mr. Wooding, the I phone is made for people who know not what 64 Gb is… it’s the simplest one to use when compared to the other… contenders.” She quietly offers.

“Technology is made to serve us, not the contrary.” The Daeva sagely adds.

“…as for religion…” Yekaterina pauses for a while…

“I don't think religion is made to serve us... most of them pray service to some deity or entity.” She finishes while smiling casually to the three other kindred.

Jim listened carefully to their discussion of technology, but he really, really was kind of lost. He wasn't good with computers, and he sort of felt like a stereotypical stupid Savage at that moment. He slipped his phone out of his pocket, looked at the little brick that was his old-school Blackberry Pearl, and shrugged, tossing it up and down. "All I need my phone to do is call, text, check the internet, and be able to survive the occasional motorcycle crash." He grinned, the last being a joke. "Something to be said for older technology. It seems to be durable."

But as the topic shifted to religion, he shifted forward slightly and replied to Yekaterina, "I think it depends on the religion... some religions serve as conduits for the growth of power of the preacher, becoming a cult of personality that is less about the deity in truth than the person at its forefront... while others do their best to serve in return for worship. Religions are as varied as they are numerous, and worship of a deity is not necessarily equivalent to service."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

Chris nods to Ariana as she says true things. He smiles when she mentions her profession. 'I can't say I need a phone or tablet, but it certainly a hell lot easier. I'd like to keep track of everything, a laptop doesn't do that equally well.'

'I honestly don't think this discussion will ever end,' he says while turning to Yekaterina, 'because I pretty much disagree that Apple is made for people who don't know what 64 G is. Because if I want a CD on my non-apple product it is the simplest of all... in contrast with the nerve wrecking being called iTunes.'

When a whole religious discussion derives from his short anti-Sanctified remark, the Vala listens with interest. Still he doesn't reply. Let's see how they think about this.

L
    Lazy Cow

Yekaterina’s attention remains on the words of gathered kindred. She nods to Jim quietly and respecfully and then continues.

Her smile seems pleasant, and she seems to be enjoying to talk for a change.
    “Yes, Mr Wooding, you seem to be more knowledgeable about the subject then I am, and since I’m no fanatic I give you the benefit of doubt and will acknowledge your point” the Daeva says with a soft smile.

Then she turns to Ariana and quietly turns the screen of her phone towards her.

“Miss Donovan, still, I believe you would enjoy this part…” Yekaterina pauses for a while and quietly smiles to all kindred.

“Siri, give me the news” the Daeva asks to her i-phone in a practiced voice.

On the screen the titles of the major newsletters seem to appear, ready to browse at leisure, each one a link to their digital version.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread