(-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

(WiW: Books books books!)Open Scene Spent
    PRE

With a new bookcase at his Haven, money in his pocket, and the will to socialize with somebody, Chris has made his way to the Written in Water bookstore. Most nights consisted of being home, at the Crone Temple or feeding somewhere, but the Mekhet can't be doing that forever.

Now he is not the kind of person to dance all night, not anymore. Apparently, dying has its consequences. That's also because all other Kindred who would want to dance, probably do it at one of the Elysia. Even though Chris had been trying to talk with official kindred some more instead of avoiding them, he is not always comfortable around Elysia.

Where the Vala is comfortable, is in a bookstore. The bigger the better, the more books the merrier. Dressed in a simple black blouse, Chris leans against a wall with a book in his hand. Yes, one of the few pieces of wall not covered with a books, he had found it.

Right now, he is mostly focused on The Omen Machine, but his eyes also look at the other customers now and then, forever cautious.
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    Ariana Donovan

In search of things she could not find at the library, Ariana entered Written in Water hoping to find what she needed. If not, the store always had a relaxing ambiance and felt less like a Barnes and Noble with the teasing smell of coffee or pastries. Granted, they were no longer appetizing, but they reminded her of simpler times.

The redheads outfit was a take on office attire of men. It was tailored to fit her curves and still remained beautifully classy on the Lordess. A necklace adorned her collarbone and ring she never left home without on her right hand. As she entered she recognized Chris, but unsure if he was wrapped up in his book or not.

L
    Lazy Cow

The night had already engulfed the sun completely, deep into its bottomless bowels only to be seen again in a few hours, until then Yekaterina was active, not to say alive, for the force that animated her was of the profane, something not of the ordinary or the mundane but a rather hard to explain condition that trapped her between life and true death.

Even so, either death, alive, or trapped between both, she felt herself invaded by a strange sense of nostalgia for the things she had left behind. She felt she needed to feel some contact to the reality of her homeland… the homeland she had left behind.
    The Russian Daeva made her way to the Written in Water, when she approached the door she extinguished her cigarette, pressing it against the wall.

As she entered the antique looking book store she was greeted by the whiff of old worn paper, it was everywhere, it spoke of intellectual pursuits and of countless lives and adventures stored in the thousands of pages kept in the books that orderly adorned the store’s shelves, a multitude of sizes and colors that created the definite image of a bookstore with a diversified and eclectic offer.

She approached one of the owners and asked for a copy of one of her teenage years favorite books, Анна Каренина Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, a novel. When the book was returned to her after payment she decided to indulge herself in the moment and took a sit at one of the comfortable and classy chairs that adorned the place.

Yekaterina took another good look at the place, letting herself being embraced by the cozy atmosphere and intellectual likeness of it, it was an opulent store, and it was no wonder she already felt comfortable, her hands pressed gently against the rich wood entails of the chair she presently sat in, they were rich and solid, she proceeded with her tactile experiment and reached the rich fabrics, soft and agreeable to the touch, she sighted almost imperceptibly and opened the book in the first page, her fingertips tasting the paper and the ink that gave it purpose…

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

For as far as Chris thought he also had a good view of the other customers, he gets pulled out of his book when another Beast enters the bookstore. And not just 'a' Beast, it is the Seneschal! He instantly wonders if she has a fascination for fantasy as well, just like her guard. He comes dressed as Aragorn to Court, and they both visit the Asylum.

'Good evening.' With a bit of a handsome smile the young Vala approaches Ariana. He nods his head as a greeting, it comes closest to a bow. 'Are you looking for anything particular?' he asks with sincere interest. Only short he gazes at all corners of the shop, organized by genre.

Only short, because he then turns his head towards a beautiful woman, aggressively because their Beasts equal each other and yet feel the urge to fight for the rightful strongest. He follows her with his eyes... and then clears his throat to return his attention to Ariana. 'Apologies.'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

A
    Ariana Donovan

Despite the fact that Chris had a few faux pas every now and again, he was still more polite than most neonates. Of course with boyish good looks and the chiseled jaw, she wondered why someone did not snatch him up yet.

“Good evening Mr. Wooding.” A pleasing smile across her lips that could be heard in her voice. “In fact I am. It seems the libraries do not always have every type of book. I was looking for a few on current fads or subcultures. I know there are a lot of cult followings of movies or books that also spark such a thing.” The one word was slightly emphasised to be something loosely symbolized.

Her head nodded down to the book in Chris’ hand. “Some move society so much that they take the stories even further than the books. The author you have, Terry Goodkind, had a series made a few years ago based on his book The Sword of Truth. They called it Legend of the Seeker.” The Lordess was only giving an example. If the Shadow was an avid reader, he probably knew what she was referring to.

Ariana could feel the press of the vaguely familiar beast who just entered as Chris was slightly distracted. Her own wanted to lunge at the Daeva for a moment but she kept it at bay. When he turned back to her she smirked a little and she leaned in to softly whisper. “Ah, Miss Alexandrovitch a budding rose.” For any kine it would probably signify her beauty but for the Vampire society, Chris would know what the Seneschal hid in her words.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

As soon as his beast relaxes Chris soon feels comfortable again, the Seneschal is such a fine lady. 'Oh really? Are you looking for information in general, or specific subcultures? I might be helpful with some cults.' Again he looks at the books around him as he says, 'I actually do a lot of private research. Do you have access to the University Library? It probably has a lot more books on such specific subjects.'

He holds the book up when the Lordess mentions it. 'I know I know! It is on of the few series that earned small spotlights in my bookcase.' Chris laughs, almost proud. 'I'm just trying to find out whether this book is just a way to get more money out of his previous success, or a qualitative sequel worthy of my attention.' With a grin on his face he looks at the Daeva. He's happy that the Seneschal knows her already, so she doesn't require immediate attention.

Of course, he's open for more socialization so might she look their way he invites her over. When he thinks of something he turns back to Ariana. 'I assume you're familiar with LARP, when speaking of subcultures... now I also remember the Asylum.' Smirk.

James Calloway enters Written in Water, his most recent adventure to acquire a book on music having been completed and the book having been pored through in detail. It was time to look for something a little older, a classic technique that would help to improve his vocals to the newest level. He wasn't sore about having lost tenancy to Dillon Connery; no, in fact, he had done his best to help him. But James Calloway wished to become so proficient that singing would come by rote; muscle memory in his throat and diaphragm, projection perfect, never flawed, without wasted air and with fantastic breath support. This was his goal, and he would achieve it. He was not embarassed by his performance at Court, but he had to admit, he was so much better than average, especially with all the practice and performances he had done.

As he entered, there was no subtlety to his Beast. There never was. A rhinoceros snapping and spearing at its cage, kicking with its huge legs to escape, to be free, to kill -- no! The Carthian felt others, one slightly familiar, one he had met barely in passing -- and strolled into the bookstore, a smile on his face. Moving through it, he cought a glimpse of Ariana and Chris from afar, and gave them a friendly wave. It was a very human movement for a very human location, and the Blush of Life helped him blend in further.

L
    Lazy Cow

Yekaterina’s fingers were already discovering the secrets buried underneath the pages of her book when she felt the predatorial claim of two beasts.

Her entire body was washed with fear, a claustrophobic sensation of being trapped in a cage, ready to become supper for the other two predators.

Yekaterina was pushed away from her tactile experiment abruptly and held the arms of her otherwise rich and sartorial chair, her rich fingernails pressed against it, only to be relived after control was retaken.

Her eyes scouted the full extension of the room and she noticed the other elegant man from before, and the unmistakable red hair that belonged to the seneschal.

After she got noticed by both she offered them a calm smile and rose from her chair approaching the mid of the room while browsing some of the titles in the path.

A
    Ariana Donovan

“A little of both actually. I have always been fascinated by how something turns into a subculture. Be that by popularity or something taboo and forbidden. Although it seems that in today’s society that is not much of an issue anymore.” Ariana laughed gently in the quietness of the bookstore. “It seems that the more people think something is risquι the faster subcultures take it an make it their own. Perhaps that is the caveat?” In this day and age, sex sells seemed like the number one factor in creating a hit of some sort. “I had not thought the University would have books on that subject.” The redhead pondered out loud. Her eyebrows raised with mention of cults, but she knew the Vala was smarter than to talk about Acolyte specifics. “I guess it would depend on the type of cults.” Leaving room for Chris' explanation.

She tilted her head slightly to make pose some considerations. “Unless it was intentionally made a trilogy like Lord of the Rings, it seems like sequels are hit or miss. But why is it that in an unintended movie sequence, the third one is always better?”

Ariana had felt another slightly unfamiliar beast enter the store. Her eyes had flashed the direction of the door after James had entered. In her gaze she saw Yekaterina approaching. The hand of the Lordess went to her necklace and gently toyed with as she spoke about the Steampunk evening. “I too remember the evening at the Asylum.” She returned the smirk with a wink, but she was curious to where Chris was going with that topic.

“Good evening Miss Alexandrovitch. This is Mr. Wooding one of our local new age guru.” The Ventrue’s tongue danced carefully around the Masquerade. “Shall we get a table and speak further this evening?” Her head nodded to James as he probably could also hear the invitation as he entered.

James closed as Ariana spoke and indeed heard her words. Waiting for a good moment to join them, he smiled at the others, offering each a handshake in turn, Beast thundering away as it did. It finally settled down, its roar no longer clouding his ears. "Ms. Donovan, Mr. Wooding, I hope you both are having an excellent night so far -- and Ms..." He thought for a moment, then said, "Alexandrovich?" Goofy smile. He remembered her from her first moments in Avalon. "I'm James Calloway. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Would you mind if I joined you this evening?" He looked to each of the three as he asked; it was a question for the group.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread