Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

*Ciara watches as Ariana takes the stage, smiling slightly to her fellow Ventrue as the Regent recaps the performances of the night. She looks to Asa as Ariana bows her head in his direction, catching his nod; her smile growing ever so slightly. She applauds as each name is called, except her own, of course. She didn't wish to keep the Prince waiting, but it wouldn't do to ignore the Seneschal either...

Using Ariana's slight pause before announcing the winners as an excuse to move, the tall Ventrue makes her way towards Asa; hips swaying ever so slightly as the dark-haired Kindred moves quickly but gracefully to the Prince. Stopping just close enough to carry out a pleasant conversation with Asa, she gives her fellow Ventrue a deep bow of respect; or at least as deep as the form-fitting dress would allow.*

Good evening, Alder Prince Clarke. I hope you have found the night's performances entertaining? *She says softly, remaining bowed until His Majesty answered.

It was a subservient gesture, but it was always better to show more respect than less. Plus, it gave Ciara a convenient excuse to not have to divide her attention between the Prince and the Seneschal.*
    Asa waited for the Seneschal, Ariana Donovan , to finish her proclamation, giving Jose Matias and Dillon Connery a smile and nod of approval.

He turned back to Ciara Maskelyne , studying the slender Hepburn. It was an excellent costume choice, and it didn't surprise him at all she'd chosen it.

Before she'd left, he might have made an innuendo about entertaining performances, to Ciara.

Then again, he might have asked the Carthian Prefect if she was insinuating he was making the unwashed masses sing for their supper.

If there was anything most Ventrue about the woman, it was her absolute refusal to be be defined.

"Good evening to you as well, Madam Maskelyne,"
    he answered slowly, enunciating the Title of Esteem.

For a brief moment, he remembered the impetuous Carthian who had been outraged by Victoria Stamford, choosing his own words to leave the direction of the conversation up to her.

"Indeed, the night is full of surprises."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara rises once Asa speaks, offering the Prince a soft smile. She can't help but feel a slight pang of annoyance as he addresses her as Madam. She shouldn't be surprised he knew about her recent change in loyalties, especially after having talked with the Seneschal shortly after coming back to Sacramento. But, a woman liked to have some surprises, damn it...

She turns for just a moment as the Seneschal announces the winners, offering polite applause for the winners. She knew she was a long shot to win the competition, and she had no ill-will towards the two Kindred Arianna announces had won the contest; but it did sting both her Irish and Ventrue pride to have lost. At least she hadn't embarrassed herself with her performance. Sometimes one had to measure their victories by a lack of defeats.

Quickly turning back to the Prince, she pauses for a moment before responding to her fellow Ventrue; taking a moment to consider her next few words carefully. This had been one of the few things about coming back to Sacramento she had dreaded.

She knew how gentle Asa could be; but she had also seen the wrath he leveled against those that had displeased him. The slow draw of his first sentence worried her; was he upset at her leaving the city so suddenly? Or mad that she hadn't told him or Twist before she boarded the jet back to England?*

I shan't trouble you for long, Your Majesty; I know how busy Court can be for you. I simply wished to convey my Respects properly, in person; and that I hope the past few months have been kind to you and the Royal Court...

*She wanted to stop there, but something kept nagging at the back of Ciara's mind. Mortal or Kindred, Carthian or Invictus, she had always been true to her nature. She couldn't pretend suddenly taking on the associations of her Father and Brother would temper that nature.

She looks back to the stage for just a moment. When she looks back, the soft smile is replaced by one just a little larger, and perhaps a little more... playful.* I suppose I'll have to put my dreams of pop music stardom on hold for a little while longer... *Ciara says softly.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa nodded at her inquiry. Things had been well enough; there was no need to turn the conversation serious or dark with talk of draugr or Amaranth. The important parts of the Royal Court were well, and he knew that was what she had meant.

A smile tugged at his lips, then he laughed softly at her last comment.

"I have trouble picturing you performing like Gaga or Minaj,"
    he admitted, explaining the laughter. Then again, it would have been funny if she'd done "Bad Romance".

He waited a moment, knowing what she wanted to know, and making her wait a moment longer.

"You could have said said you were leaving."

A statement, not an admonishment. Something to let her know she wasn't a faceless neonate.

"I'm glad that you've returned..."

A pause.

"...and come to your senses, Madam Maskelyne."

He used the Title with a grin, giving 'senses' political context.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara giggles softly as the Prince jokes about singers, the thin Ventrue nodding her head.* So do I. Though, some of their outfits would have certainly gotten everyone's attention... *Ciara could only imagine the Herald's face if she had tried to walk into Court in a meat dress...

Ciara's smile quickly fades as Asa speaks about her leaving. She looks down for a moment, nodding her head. How to explain the promise she made to her Father before his death, the deal she struck with an old enemy to save face for herself and her Family? Her own fears of saying goodbye...

When she looks back up, she brushes a few stray locks of hair back into place behind her ear.* I know I should have. But please believe me when I say I had my own reason.. *Whatever those reasons might be, they would have to remain unsaid while so exposed in Court. They dance for just a moment behind the tall Ventrue's dark eyes as she matches Asa's gaze.

A slight smile returns to Ciara's lips as Asa welcomes her back to Sacramento, dipping him a bow from the waist.* Thank you, Your Majesty. It's good to be home... *A corner of her mouth perks up in an amused smirk at Asa's last remark, her posture shifting ever so slightly from rigid to casual.*

Oh? So you're saying I wasn't in the correct frame of mind before, Your Grace? *She teases softly.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa tilted his head, a hair shy of shaking it, and looked sidelong at Ciara.

"I said 'could', not 'should'," he replied. "I believe you always have your own reasons."

Of course, some might be more calculated and less spur-of-the-moment than others.

He made a slight flicking gesture with his fingers, as if to brush away the topic.

"As for your frame of mind? Well. You had moments of clarity,"
    he answered in a teasing tone of his own. Asa's eyes moved to the dark, lithe dark and light figure of Twist.

"I believe it was her intent to speak with you, but it seems she was waylaid."

Asa spoke softly, just below his normal speaking voice, to let his cousin know. He didn't mind being the messenger. A small smile slipped out as he thought of watching.

Who wouldn't think of it?

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara can't help but grin at Asa's reaction; what a prickly creature was a Ventrue's pride. She wasn't arguing with the Prince, but it can be hard to convey certain emotions in the middle of Court. She was tempted to say more, but instead simply nods her head as he brushes the discussion aside.*

Hmm? *She says softly, turning to follow Asa's gaze across Court, wondering whom he was speaking of. She nods as her eyes fall on Twist and the young man talking with her, sensing it was not a conversation the Judex was relishing given her pose and the way she eyed the male Kindred.*

Well, she is an important woman. It's only natural that others would gravitate towards her...
    *Ciara answers back softly. It had been the inviting personality of Twist that had first caught Ciara's attention when she first came to the city.*

If she wishes to speak with me, I had better not keep her waiting...
    *Ciara turns back to her fellow Ventrue, giving the Prince another bow.* With your permission, Your Grace...

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa smiled himself at the mercurial fashionista.

No matter how much things change, they stay the same.

"Of course,"
    he agreed. Maybe it was an agreement to the excusal, or to Twist being important, or both.

As his eyes moved away from the petite Daeva, they flickered around them, making sure no one was eavesdropping. Quietly, with a a hint of mischief in his eyes, Asa spoke again.

"Good evening, Ciara."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara's eyes follow the Prince's as the flick back and forth, wondering if something was suddenly amiss. With what the Seneschal had told her of the recent events in the city, it was foolish to assume even Court was completely safe.

When his intention to check for privacy was clear, she relaxes; glad there was nothing more at risk than simple discretion. Her eyes sparkle with the same playfulness, and perhaps a little relief as well.* Good evening, Asa.. *She answers just as softly.

She turns her attention back in the direction of Twist. The night was winding down, but perhaps the Judex had enough time in her schedule for a little private conversation. As the thin Ventrue turns her body to move away from her fellow Invictus, a thin hand reaches out; fingers gently caressing the arm of the Prince's outfit before falling to her side as Ciara made her way towards Twist.*

Closed Thread