Peeking Out from the Curtains

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

This is a follow-up for Behind the Scenes. Reathin @October Davenport RockBane

Four was standing at the intersection where the accident had happened last December. Well, not just standing there. He was, more accurately, thinking about what he had seen, the dripping woman, and whether it might be a threat to other sleepers. He shoved his hands in his pockets and sighed.

Well, he might as well take a looke around, even if Mike and Miach weren't with him right then.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-08 13:17:06 Four rolls 5 to Grim Sight: Death+Gnosis (10 Again) 3, 2, 10, 8, 10, 5, 6 3 successes

Idun

PRE

Idun pauses at spying Four as she heads down the street to go... well, as she activates her Sight, she takes in the area as she slowly walks up to Four. "Ah, what are you doing?" She asks curiously. She's dress in a blue blouse and simple black pants while carrying a purse and a simple crystal in the coils of a snake that is a pendent. Her hair sports white streaks in her dull red hair. She had moved her sunglasses up onto her head when she decided to activate her Sight.

Yes!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-08 16:24:06 Idun rolls 5 to Pulse of the Living World - Wit + Medicine (10 Again, Rote) 7, 2, 1, 10, 9, 9, 6, 6, 10, 6, 3 4 successes

R
    Reathin

OOC: I'm back! Thanks for the invite! Also, please inform me if I did something wrong with the scrutiny.

Hephaestus wasn't overly fond of this particular intersection, for a variety of reasons. For the first, something had happened several months before his sabatical in this spot. It had been an unpleasent force of an unknown variety after a car crash. He disliked not knowing what the thing had been, and wondered if it had been drawn to the tragic accident or had perhaps caused it. His current estimate was a spirit or ghost of some variety. Spirits he lacked experience with. Ghosts too, if he was being honest, but his status as Moros made him more comfortable with dealing with them. Ghosts made sense. They were human, if more bound to habit. That actually could be considered a bonus in his eyes; predictability was something the living often lacked to his standards. Spirits though...True, the simple ones bound to simple concepts were not usually problematic, but as they became more advanced...

Of course, this was all theoretical. It could have been something else entirely. And Hephaestus hadn't become a professor without having a certain degree of curiosity. He stopped and closed his eyes for a moment, begining to form an imago. White flame tinged with prismatic light, searing through a wall so brightly as to ignore it.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-08 19:22:58 Hephaestus rolls 7 to activate Supernal Vision (10 Again) 10, 6, 2, 2, 7, 9, 2, 3 2 successes

The world errupted around him in a vibrant display of something similar to color. Resonance was always difficult to describe in terms of the other senses, at least from his perspective. Before he could begin examination of the central point, there were two individuals in the way from his position somewhat down the street. Seeing them, then seeing through them, he felt the uncanny sensation that could only be associated with the Awakened. Two mages aside from him, examining the same location? Interesting.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-08 19:28:12 Hephaestus rolls 7 to examine auras (10 Again) 9, 1, 3, 7, 6, 5, 9 2 successes

Taciturn as he was, Hephaestus wasn't eager to walk up and begin a conversation. At the same time, they might have additional information. He had been gone for months after all. Something might have changed entirely in the past while. He compromised with himself, walking somewhat toward them with the distinctive rap of his cane striking the ground perhaps a bit louder than he might have liked.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby comes walking up, dressed in jeans with a pink tank top under her leather jacket, and smiles to Idun and Four. "Hey guys, what's up?" She notices a new face, one she remembers from the Free Council Meeting, though she can't remember his name, but she does offer him a friendly smile.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-08 19:33:17 Toby rolls 5 to Temporal Eddies (10 Again) 2, 8, 6, 1, 9 2 successes
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four lets out a surprised laugh and nods to the ladies. "Hey you two, Um... you remember that meeting in January when me and Miach mentioned an accident? This is where it happened. I was-"Being melancholy, his thoughts supplied, but he shook that off with a smile -"Thinking about it and figured, hell, I might not have any of the people that'd be ideal for looking into it around right now, but it can't hurt to take a peek, right?"

He absently nods to the figure Toby smiles at, then double takes. He looked oddly familiar, and clearly had a spell in his pattern. Mage? Toby new him, so at least associated with the orders somehow - and familiar. Something about the cane... "Sir." Four waits to see if the man recognizes him - there aren't many giants who where EMS jackets everywhere in Sacramento, and he was definitely the only mage over seven feet tall.

m
    magiuspendragon

Reathin, could you please specify what Hephaestus is scrutinizing? Options include: One of the two mages who were present, the general resonance of the area, or searching for hidden spell effects. Also, feel free to allocate your successes.

R
    Reathin

Sorry about that. I was aiming for the two mages, with one success for each identifying their nature as Awakened. However, I misread it and thought you only needed 1 success for full identification. I can't edit it to say that he just recognizes them as something more than human though. Fortunately, Toby provides me an out!

Hephaestus' concentration was pulled away from identifying just what the two individuals at the intersection by the smiling face he recognized from his meeting some time ago. He did not smile back, but he did give a polite nod, which was a good sign. He wouldn't say it, but he had gotten a good first impression from October when he'd first met her. Something she had said that he no longer entirely remembered that implied a self-control not altogether common. He wasn't sure if that was a distinctive personality trait of her in person, but he was still favorably disposed. Somewhat, at any rate.

He was again distracted by being spoken to by a very tall man who seemed vaguely familiar...Yes, something to do with this particular place in fact. A few moments of mundane scrutiny and Hephaestus remembered. He'd been attempting to help the people hurt by the crash, if he remembered right. Admirable. Knowing one person in the group and having some connection to another, Hephaestus took more clinking steps toward the small assemblage. More than human and in the same place as a supernatural accident months ago, and they met here again? Definitely worth investigating. Reaching the group, he stopped and leaned such that he wasn't putting too much weight on his cane. A proud man, he despised having others take too much notice of that.

"I seem to recall you here several months ago, at the...accident." He said, matter-of-factly. His tone was even, his voice deep. He turned his gaze away from Four to the spot where the impact had been. What had gone on here? And was there any chance to uncover it at this stage? Time magic would have been useful in these circumstances. He knew October was Acanthus, but didn't assume. After all, his own knowledge of Death was rudimentary at best.

October 'Toby' Davenport
    October 'Toby' Davenport

Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••

+1
    SL
    PRE

Toby glances to where Four had been looking, wondering what had exactly happened. She contemplates her options, and thinks about trying to take a peak at the past. Looking to Four, "It never hurts to have extra and fresh eyes look at something, and sometimes sights or sounds can trigger a memory of the past." she hoped he got where she was going, and that she was thinking of looking at the past. "Would you happen to remember the date and year of the accident?" she glances to the others, her hands in her pockets, seeing what they thought. Her fingers run over the pocket watch, the feel of the raised metal was comforting to her.
    Acanthus/ Presence ••• (Captivating)/Striking Looks ••(Glimmering Eyes)/Status •• (Medical)

m
    magiuspendragon

The air suddenly grew cold. Anyone with Grim Sight up can feel the heavy hand of Death marking the change. A scream rips through the air, a hollow sound tearing at the people present. Two more screams echo the cry, seeming to come from every direction. The air is filled with a palpable weight, carrying the scent of fear.

Please roll a Resolve + Composure to resist

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-13 08:55:42 Four rolls 5 to Resolve+Composure to resist effect (10 Again) 10, 5, 9, 10, 10, 1, 5, 7 4 successes
    Four gives an exasperated sigh as he feels and brushes away that power. Well, he really wasn't expecting it to still be here, but at least he's got a second chance to observe this thing and stop it. Maybe.
    "It's still here, what I mentioned at the consi-vention." Oops, almost forgot he was in public...

"Try not to let it affect you. I was able to brush it off in December - and to answer your question, Toby, It was on the 26th, though I forgot the the time of day."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread