1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A warm welcome

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

This is a ghost, but his appearance is rather strong.
    Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

Corpus: 8 - WP: 7 - Max Essence: 10

PRE

'And here we are!' Mike opens the door to his apartment, and walks inside after putting the lights on. The apartment is not very big, but appears to be somewhat larger because everything is cleaned up very well. Some papers and magazines are spread around the living room and kitchen, but all in neat piles.

The only place that's a little messy is the corner where the dogs sleep. Some of their toys are spread across the apartment, but Mike subtly tries to hide them while speaking, 'It's not big but I like it.' He smiles to Aegis ( AethrDav ) and puts some of the stuff they had with them next to the couch. Preparing the sleeping room could be done later.

'Do you want something to drink?' Mike is already on the way to the kitchen, it is in the same area as the living room. The whole interior has a black and white modern look, with some bright colors added here and there.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

"Water would be great!" Aegis responds to the offer of a drink. Hauling his large, military issue duffle, the young Arrow looks for a place to set it off to the side somewhere.

The apartment was surprisingly clean given the two dogs, whom Aegis was pretty comfortable with. He'd never had a problem with animals, and the dogs seemed friendly enough. It was a nice place, smaller, but certainly not a cracker jack box by any account. "This place is very nice. And I really appreciate your offer. It'll be nice to be in a place that is lived in, and not a sterile, faceless hotel room."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

Closer inspection would reveal several bruises and a closed wound on the back of his head.

PRE

With a bottle of water and two glasses, Mike makes his way over to the large couch and sits down. 'Yeah, hotel rooms can be terrible, certainly if you have to stay there for a couple of weeks. I was fortunately in the position to hire an apartment from the moment I came to Sacramento. I didn't leave Dallas in a hurry...'

He looks at his fellow Arrow, not sure how painful the matter could be. 'You come from San Diego, right?' That asked, he fills the glasses and offers one to Aegis.
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow ●, SL ●● (Trained Body), Presence ●●● (Feminine Elegance), Consilium Status ●●
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

"Thank you," he said, taking the water and sipping it a bit. "Yeah, my parents live in a little suburb outside San Diego. I came out here because it's close to home, but I won't have to deal with...weirdness of being Awakened around family and old friends."

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

'Yeah, things are pretty messed up sometimes... I mean eh...' Time to tell it. 'There is a ghost around here, who likes to be spooky. But I always tell him to stay away when I bring someone home. Well, you're a Moros too so I hope it's not too much of a problem?'

Mike looks around, trying to see if Steven was somewhere in the room. But the ghost isn't... 'I guess he's out somewhere. But you can't always expect ghosts to be gone, for the matter of old family and friends I mean.' He takes a gulp from his water. 'My parents first wanted to meet me on Skype everyday, now if there's something I don't have time for anymore, it's my mom and dad.'

Especially my dad that is, with his fake interest.
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

Aegis took a deep breath, but pushed that internal itch he just got to the back of his head. He had awakened on the Path of Doom, and with his background in engineering he was quite interested in the Arcanum of Matter. Rather than broadening his capacity with the second of his Path's Ruling Arcana, though, Aegis had thrown his attentions to Prime. It would be simple to argue an interest in Prime, it's application in combination with the Arcanum of Matter, and it's own general utility to an Arrow. It was more honest, though, to address the differences in the Supernal Truths behind Prime and Death, and Aegis' own personal issues with death.

"I can deal with a ghost, I guess, but I'm barely an Initiate in that arcanum, though, so I could see him, but I won't be able to do much more than that." Despite his preference, or maybe in an attempt to allow his discomfort Aegis asked, "How do you know the spectre?"

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

Mike only nods, Death simply couldn't interest everybody. After all, one might dislike the way he was awakened, certainly when it had to do with death. Still, as a Master of the Death himself he would always smile when meeting more experienced Necromancers.

Then he asks the expected... and things always get a little awkward. 'His name is Steven, though I always call him Stevie. What he doesn't like of course. And he is eh... my ex. Ex-boyfriend.'

Now please don't flee! It's my cabal's protocol to help new arrivals. Mike even lies to himself when thinking that's the real reason.

He laughs the awkwardness away, and adds a joke. 'But now he's just an annoying bogeyman who I can't get rid off because we've already entered the 'lets stay friends' phase.'
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

Far from bolting up and running, Aegis' countenance clouded darkly, and he nodded thoughtfully. "I'm sorry...I know it's hard...loosing someone." Despite his discomfort with ghosts, this touched Aegis, and he was suddenly more thoughtful about this situation. Giving a little laugh at he final comment, "I guess it's better than a 'no, I won't let you go' situation.

Aegis took a look around the apartment, wondering about Mike's ex. "Where does he go, if he isn't around? Don't ghosts have to stay close to an anchor or something?"

OOC

Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Mike Tamwood
    Steve Black

PRE

'Well, they usually do. But I bonded him to myself and thereby freed him from his anchors.' The Moros smiles proudly. 'You don't see it very often, but I couldn't just let him life with all the conditions of a ghost life.' Even while breaking with the harsher rules of nature could be more dangerous than the average spell, Mike was stubborn enough to try.

He looks at the window while giving his reply. 'I live so nearby a cemetery due to him, we talk to those who recently passed away sometimes. He could just as well be watching the neighbors under the shower.' Mike grins and shortly looks at Aegis from top to toe, 'But that's because he has no idea what he's missing.'
    Played by Dark Passenger

A
    AethrDav

Blushing slightly, Aegis can't help a bit of a smirk from crossing his lips. "My, uh...my last....I guess we weren't quite boyfriends," it was obvious he could talk about this to Mike, but it wasn't something he had talked to many people about, especially since he'd only just arrived in Sacramento. He wasn't particularly 'out' and with his Oath he didn't frequent clubs or bars, so Aegis had really anticipated that part of his life coming up so early in his tenure, "but we were stationed together in Afghanistan. He died in the IED blast."

Aegis sounded sad, but he'd been through most of his mourning with the VA shrinks and doctors. It was part of how he'd gotten his transition stateside, and also his early discharge with combat benefits. He was still technically enrolled in the Guard, but was still working off an extended medical leave. "I'm sure what he's missing pales by comparison to what I'm seeing." Aegis could play the game, tit for innuendo-tat. He was surprised he didn't feel more guilty...he imagined he'd feel guilty the first time he flirted again....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread