Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
MnG 8 - Four, Miach and Salem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Miach

PRE

Cl4re , ArchonAres

Nodding to the kind giant Four and his fellow Necromancer Salem, Miach moved to an empty study room. Closing the door behind them, he then took a small cushion and made himself comfortable on the sofa, before smelling his new cappuccino, and smiled.

So... now that we're clear from Sleepers, it should be more comfortable speaking. So Salem, you'd like to get some proficiency in medicine ? Only first aid, or above that ? And is it mundane medicine you're after, or more like the Arcana of Life ?

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

HT/WT: 6'1"/155
    Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Green
    Hanna Harper

HT/WT: 5'10"/140lbs
    Hair/Eye Color: Red/Green

Salem smiled at the release from the sleepers and the force to hold his tongue, "Oh, a bit of everything. I work as a forensic anthropologist, so I spend a lot of time with the dead, and general medical knowledge helps with that field. But I'm also intending to explore each Arcana in its own time. As a necromancer, I find Life most intriguing, but its one that I've rarely studied. There's just so much to do with what I already know, it makes it hard for me to make time with what I don't."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Life definitely has it's draws - I spent a lot of time studying it, partially because as an EMT I'd feel kinda idiotic if I didn't at least try to understand something that could help my save more lives, and partially to try and understand how life and death fit together." Four gives a shrug and an encouraging smile.

"Are you taking some medical classes at a College? I know that there's some offered, and I'm pretty sure there's at least one EMS or EMF company in the area looking to train some volunteers... And Considering you're an Arrow, it definitely would be a good idea to know enough life to patch up yourself at least, or others."

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

Hanna Harper

Salem shakes his head, "Nah, I've been doing online courses and such. Nothing major really. I just don't have a lot of time to really sit down for a traditional college."

Miach

PRE

So the man was indeed an Arrow ? Miach had had clues, but he hadn't been sure until then. Of course he could use some patch-up teaching !

Well, I don't think I need to tell you, but online courses and such can only teach you so much. There's nothing like field experience, of which I'm sure you have more than your faire share as an Arrow. I'd need to see how it could be arranged.

He looked at Four, and an idea crossed his mind... What about using Idun's clinic as a training field too...

He didn't share it though, not before checking further.

What I have in mind now is something slightly more traditional, I'm thinking about giving evening courses. I specialize in ER, so I may be able to offer you tips based on actual experience. Would you be able to attend to such courses ? What would be convenient for you, Salem ?

Miach didn't explicitly extend the invitation to Four, but he didn't feel the need. His friend knew he just had to mention it, and Miach would be too happy to give him all the help and teaching he could.

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

Hanna Harper

Salem shrugged, "Actually, I tend to use my online courses during my day work and add them to my 'stuff I know' list. Alot of what I do tends to involve how someone died, whether it be the ancient corpses molding it up in a tomb, or fresher mass graves from various war zones. The application of the medical side is newer for me, but I've got the science down pretty decently."

He really didn't want to owe yet another person a favor. But the guy hadn't said anything like that soo...

"My shift tends to be nights, but I do work alot of early mornings and occasionally do get to see the sun. So if the stars align just right, I might could attend, even if I had to bounce out early for work. I have to admit, a good tutor for me in the ways of life probably wouldn't hurt."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I'm fairly used to late nights and such - Work tends to love giving me 12 and 24 hour shifts. So if you ever miss any of the classes he tries to set up, you could always stop by to to talk to me." Four give a nod, to both the other men. It'd be good, very good, if Salem could develop into another person capable of healing. There never seemed to be enough, and the Giant saw it as the least he could do.

Miach

PRE

It seemed they all agreed on the principles, but there were still many things to iron out if those courses were to actually happen.

Well, we're not yet ready to take this to the next level, actual courses. We all seem to want it, which is a big plus. Now, if we were to try it, would you rather it be one on one, or something more "institutionalized" ? I intend to try talking my boss into setting up "Arcana courses", or something like that. How would that sound if it were to happen ?

Sipping his cappuccino, he wondered if he felt up to teaching, too... Well, all in due time...

Salem
    Hanna Harper
    Salem

Hanna Harper

Salem nods, "I'd be interested. But I've got to say, besides just plain money, I haven't got much I can trade you for it. I think one on one is probably a better learning environment, but if you have enough students, we could probably do a classroom environment."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I agree with Salem, there. One-on-one classes would be a good idea." He contemplates his own situation, then shrugs. "And if there is any kind of 'Tuition' involved, that could be worked out depending on the individual."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread