Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
In which the Herald, a Deputy and Jim go on Patrol

Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Colonel seems to get where Jim is coming from and responds happily enough. Taking a few steps forward, "Major Richard White, at your service." A smile is offered along with a strong looking hand. "Those kids? Well...you see, sir, like you...I'm a concerned citizen. An old Army friend of mine...Rob Mitchell....well...he sometimes hangs out here. He's got nowhere else to go. Some of the friendlier locals call him Baghdad Bob. Those kids...that boys gang...they jumped him one night. I think they were looking for..." he shakes his head in obvious dismay, "...Ah...I won't even try to justify what they did by giving them a motive. They turned over old Bob's shelter and they hurt him. I can't have them hurt old Bob again. He's done enough Service to deserve better." he looks at Jim and Mike as if they'd understand without additional explanation.

Nancy takes a look at Dillon and decides he's for real. Nancy was acting tough. But, the presence of the predator is beginning to tell again. "Look...I ain't got no beef with you, mister...just let me go..." his eyes on Dillon now. "The Colonel...he's looking t'bring us down. Ain't no one gonna bring the Vintage Boyz down." he says, trying to weave his answer with at least some defiance, but his words carry less conviction than he'd planned and he looks a bit sheepish to Martha and Dillon.

As Nancy talks two youths, probably members of the Vintage Boyz, appear cautiously at the gates to the Park. Dressed in matching hooded tops like the one Nancy wears, they sport sneakers and one has a baseball cap on. Lean and tall. These two young men are built and dressed for speed of action. Their features hidden in the shadows and dark of the evening.

For the moment they are about 20 or 30 yards away from Nancy, Martha and Dillon and don't seem to be in a hurry to do much more than watch at the moment.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

James worked it over in his mind as the Major was talking to see if he was lying to them or hiding anything. He nodded knowingly as the man spoke of his friend, Baghdad Bob. "It's a shame how that happens sometimes, sir. Some kids these days are just hooligans..."His eyes were steely and resolute, as if he felt like there was an injustice here.

2sux lie detection
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-23 13:59:44 James Calloway rolls 5 to Detect Lies (1s Subtract) 8, 3, 6, 5, 9 2 successes

Jim shook the Major's hand firmly and smiled at him, grinning for a moment at Redfill. "Hey, well, maybe we have common cause, what with that kid getting up in our business. I think our two friends, a lady and a real gentleman, are still holding onto that kid, probably for the cops. He was all full of bluster about you -- sounds like you've got quite the impressive skill set, if I may say so as a fellow martial artist, sir. Mind if I shoot my friends a text to let them know everyone's okay? Our lady companion is likely a bit worried, given what just happened with the little prick," He smiled.

Perhaps there may be a really good ally to be made out of this.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael speaks for the first time during their conversation with the Colonel at this point:

"Yes, we should check up on her. There is no guarantee the punk was alone."

And if more of them attack there is a chance there will be blood. And a Masquerade breach. And clean-up.

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Colonel nods to Mike and Jim in clear agreement. "A lady? You're right to worry." he seems to become a little more alert at this. "Those kids tend to roam about together. I've estimated they tend to patrol in a gang of six...usually. sir." he adds and begins to look about for signs of trouble. "If the lady is close, we can head over their now and regroup." he says, seemingly keen to join in and help.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Jim's face was turned serious. If there were six hooligans running about, then Dillon Connery would be in some trouble. Hell, Dillon Connery, Jim Calloway and Michael Redfill all together might get hurt pretty badly, if the kids had weapons. The Colonel might well turn the tide of battle if there was to be a fight here tonight. He said, "Six... They're up the path with that punk kid... do they tend to attack if one of their friends is detained?"

As he said that, he tapped out a quick text message to Martha: The Colonel is Major Richard White. Here looking out for a homeless former army buddy who was attacked by the gangsters. States they attack him routinely. No sign of deceit. Possible ally - he states the gangsters patrol in groups of six. He wants to help us safely through the park. Risk factor from gangsters is high. Shall we regroup?

He prayed for a quick response and began to lead the way back toward Dillon and Martha.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael's expression turns serious as he starts considering their options. He contemplates for a moment using Martha and Dillon as bait while attacking the kids from behind. Despite the incessant howls of his Beast urging him to throw his friends into hell itself, he collects himself and comes to a conclusion.

Too risky. Six is too much, even for Dillon. There will be a breach. And I'm not spending the night bonding with the others while burying corpses.

"There are no sounds of trouble yet, but we should go back to our friends. I'd hate to see something happen to them. Chances are, the kids are not dumb enough to attack all of us."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

"Wretch." Dillon nearly spits the word. "You life serves no Purpose.

"You run around these streets terrorizing people like that 'Colonel', and God knows who else, for what? Ego? Acceptance within your own pitiful insecure circle of children?"

And if he were alone, things would be going differently. Nancy would already be bleeding on the ground, until he could limp away somewhere and reconsider his self-destructive choices in life. The path of the Centurion is one of tempering the herd, and this boy is seriously in need of guidance.

But the Deputy isn't alone. Martha Villiers, the Prince's Herald and his closest friend in the city, stands nearby. The Centurion also advocates the Sanctity of the Domain, and Dillon won't threaten that by risking harm to the tiny Mekhet.

"Pray you never meet me again, Nancy."

Glancing back to Martha, Dillon asks quietly, "Any word, ma'am?" He could see the other boys nearby, but until they made a move, Dillon wasn't as concerned about them. Though he remains on high alert.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listens and tries to pay attention to the situation. Momentarily distracted by the incoming text, she nods to Dillon as she texts back to Jim:

"Thank you for intel. Please re-group. Gather on us."

"Oh, yes, sir...some very interesting information." she offers to Dillon with a shy smile...but soon she turns her attention to the two youths at the gates and hoping that Jim and Mike have the flank covered.

Nancy, meanwhile, is thinking over his options while casting a disdainful look to Dillon.

C
    Cross

Looking to Redfill for a moment as they walked at a brisk pace, he said quietly, "Our friends are just up ahead. Major White, I hope there will be no need for any sort of force to be used here. We have that kid under control. But nevertheless, we may wish to be watchful, if they move in half dozens..." He gave the Colonel a reassuring smile and led them toward Martha and Dillon, his eyes and Maglite scanning for any trouble or more gangster kids that might be lurking about in the bushes.

2 sux perception
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-26 11:23:28 James Calloway rolls 5 to Watch for Trouble (10 Again) 9, 6, 9, 4, 1 2 successes

QuoteQuote:
    Chrisie, feel free to narrate us arriving. I figure that may cause something.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nancy glances to Martha. Her unexpectedly prim English accent has caught his attention. Doing so, he also caught sight of his fellow gang members.

Jim, Mike and The Colonel make their way over. The Colonel is as attentive to a flanking threat as he is his general situation.

Nancy's resolve is melting. The numbers and likely prowess of the opposition is mounting.

With a glowering look of dead eyed spite Nancy looks to The Colonel...then to Dillon and Mike.

A glance over his shoulder to see how his homeboys are doing. Will they stand firm as they always swear they will?

It looks like they might. They take a few steps forward. The two youths step up to show support for Nancy. Now the two new arrivals stand no more than 10 yards from Martha, Dillon and Nancy.

"You'd best let our homie go, man."
    says the tallest of the two to Dillon."you don't wanna be making no beef with us, man." he adds firmly.

At this point Tall Youth seems indifferent to the difference the numbers now make as Mike, Jim and The Colonel can stand shoulder to shoulder with Dillon.

Page 9 of 12 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread