Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
MnG 8: Jack, Leroy, and Lux

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lux

PRE

"It's nice to meet you, Jack, welcome to the city, and welcome to our family. Anyone who joins us in the struggle is more than just a part of the group," Lux said, after a moment, accepting Jack Storm's proffered hand and giving it a firm shake. She took in the man's ragged appearance, and gruff voice, but it didn't give her pause. It was more so her own lack of sleep that did...

The Thearch adjusted the strap on her backpack and turned to face both Denizen and Jack. "Also, thanks for flagging me down before I left, Denizen, you have good timing. I'm glad to see you've joined us Jack. If either of you have a moment, though, let's take a seat and talk for a bit; get caught up and get better aquainted."
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Jack gestures to his tattered dirty cloths.

"Do I look like I have anywhere to be right now?"

He chuckles and takes a seat across from Lux.
    Jack Storm Health: 8 Will:5

Once again Denizen dog ears the page he is on in his book and joins the conversation. "Anything new you can share with me, Lux?"

Lux

PRE

"Well, I should let you both know that we've begun setting up the first parts of our 'community project', which is excellent, but we still have a ways to go. Also, Ixidor and myself will be meeting with the Man in Charge soon, there's been lots of schedule issures, but I'll make sure to spread whatever news there is afterwards...Hmm, that's about all that's really new. How much have you been filled in, Jack? Do you know what the 'project' is about?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

"Is this the same project that Gallows was telling us about earlier?"

Jack asks, looking to Leroy, he couldn't be sure how many projects the Ladder was up to at the moment.

"If so, yeah, I even offered to help him with it."

Jack leans back in his seat getting more relaxed again.

Leroy nods to Jack's question. "It is indeed," to Lux he says, "I have already contributed as much as I am able to the Project, at the moment." Leroy decides not to mention his little spring to Lux, he will keep that as closely guarded asset for the time being. Even Ladders do not divulge everything to each other they ways keep an ace in the hole when they can.

Lux

PRE

"Ok, well that's excellent news on both fronts. I'm glad you were able to catch up with Gallows so that he could give you the low down. Basically, aside from the 'project' the only thing to do is try to get well situated in the City. Meet more of the People, help those you can and maybe curry a bit of favor, if you can. Also, make sure to introduce yourself to Ixidor, the only other Ladder member that you haven't met, if you have the chance. He used to be a decently well known musician so he shouldn't be too hard to spot. The tattoos and eyeliner are a dead give-away," Lux added with a wry grin.

"There's also the matter of Denizen's initiation, which is coming up soon, so let me know if you would like to help with that. Aside from that, though, the only other thing to say is welcome aboard."

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Jack wince when Lux drops the word "Ladder" in a public setting with sleepers near by, you would think that the Deacon of the Silver Ladder would know better than to slip up like that. Then again, even though she is a mage, she is still human, and humans can make mistakes. He decides not to focus on it, that would just bring more attention to her slip of the tongue. However, He could hold on to it should the time ever come to point out some of the Deacon's "screw ups".

"Thanks, and I hear you loud and clear, glad to see that our club is up and active around these parts."

He states, He was also half temped to add, that he was also glad that the local Ladder here wasn't made up of self righteous assholes but he keeps it to himself.

"I only ask, that should you seek to test me, you make it challenging, without making it impossible. Something between a written exam, and the search for the holy grail.

Lux

PRE

"What I can tell you is that it will be as much about what you know as what you do with your knowledge. I don't think you'll have any trouble with it," the Deacon replied, before standing.

"Well, unless theirs something else on your minds, I think I've taken up enough of your time. It was good to meet you, Jack, and it's always a pleasure Denizen."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread