Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Request for the Harpy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

James Calloway entered the Avalon. It had been some time since the Taifa had made his way out to Elysium last, still bearing uncomfortable memories from a couple of months back at his acknowledgment. While his relationship with the Herald had become dramatically different than it was when first they met, he still held that memory as a warning: act properly, or you will die, probably by your own Priscus's knife.

It was strange, then, that he was here, doing what he was about to do when it would surely be less than popular. A Covenant, his covenant, was lying on the operating table, dying, and James was the doctor using defibrillator meant to save its life. But, like using a defibrillator, if he did this incorrectly, he himself would be at grave risk of death. Yet the Carthian Movement needed exactly that; a guiding hand to revive it and allow it to take its respectable place in this most Invictus city. He did not believe in the usual crap that the Movement and the Invictus had to be mortal enemies. Indeed, at the very least, by being respectful of their traditions, perhaps he could engender mutual respect. Maybe. Sounds like a pipe dream, Calloway -- but you'd be a bloody hypocrite if you didn't try.

His motorcycling boots hit the hard floors of the Avalon as he descended the stairs. He was looking for the new Harpy, Alice Brown . If she wasn't in the main part of Avalon, he'd head to the Harpy's office and see if she was there.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It is not the main area where James will find Alice. Because Alice, indeed the new Harpy, is still admiring her new office.

This seat is really just lovely. She chuckles at her own childishness. Then shrugs to forgive herself, after all, she is allowed to have fun. Better said, it's the Duchagne's First Tradition.

When someone knocks on the door she tries to keep her 'Please come in.' as neutral as possible. No matter how happy, it would be bad to let her good mood be abused by some random good looking neonate. 'Ah Mr. Calloway.' A smile and a nod, no new neonate.

'Is there something I can help you with?' She leans on her desk and makes a subtle gesture towards the seat in front of her. The Gangrel could take a seat if he wished to do so.

Alice
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

James opened the door when entered and bowed to the new Harpy once inside. She looked positively radiant, and the Taifa gave her a smile and said, "Good evening, Harpy Brown." Keeping his womanizing instincts in good check so as to avoid sudden death, he looked around the office and politely said, "A beautiful office you have here, madam." The Carthian did indeed take a seat, relaxing into the chair. He wondered who the new Harpy's bodyguard was -- didn't most Court officers have Deputies assigned to their care?

When she asked him if she could help him with anything, he said,"Please -- if you have a moment. We've only had a chance to meet once, at Court, and we didn't get a chance to speak long. I thought I would stop by, greet you, and if you were willing, request an announcement." He smiled at her, always charming, always polite. "But, since you are no doubt busy, I'll be brief. I understand that the Carthian Movement here in Sacremento has met an unfortunate demise. But, as a Vancouver Carthian who is both supportive of the development of new cultural opportunities and of the smoothly-operated Court here in this city, I would truly appreciate the opportunity to seek like-minded individuals, for both personal development and the exchange of ideas."

He was being very truthful; Jim had no problems with the Court here in this city. He had not yet seen any incidences of tyrannical behavior; indeed, his own mistake was one of coming from a more wild city. He liked that there was a measure of safety in Sacremento for those who treated others with courtesy and cooperation. So long as Jim did not see tyranny, he could work alongside the Invictus, even if he did not agree fully with their philosophy.

"With that said, Madam Harpy, I would like to request that an announcement be put forward that a meeting of the new Carthian Movement will be held in one week's time, and that interested individuals can contact me at this telephone number?" He slid her his card, which simply had his name and his cellular phone number on it. "I do not claim to be the Prefect of the Movement, of course -- but since there are at least three Kindred claiming to be Carthian in the city, it would be nice to have a meeting and discuss reforming the Movement so that it may carry out good works for the City."

He waited, tensing slightly as his words ended and the silence began. You've opened the door -- come what may.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Good evening and... thank you.' Alice's eyes glance around quickly before landing on James. 'It is indeed unfortunate how grande our shortage on time is. I can hardly keep up with all those who come and go. So please relax, I can make some free time for the right company.'

She attentively listens to his short story about the Carthian Movement. In all honesty, Alice expects herself to be the one who hates the Carthians the least of all Invictus. She has no reason to care, the Movement destroys itself after all. Really, that 'demise' is caused by its own members.

'I see, Mr Calloway.' Alice takes the card and her expression suddenly becomes very serious. Building up the suspense is the only purpose, since she has no power to stop Kindred from seeing each other, whether they do it through the official channels or not. After a short period of considering the idea, she sincerely smiles again. 'That should be no problem, of course. Showing initiative is always appreciated, thus the announcement shall be made directly after this meeting.'

The Harpy nods, makes a quick note in her agenda, then folds her hands together on the table. 'Now please, may I inquire who these fellow Carthians of you are?' Indeed, she couldn't catch up with everyone. Next to that, she wonders if Ciara or Lance would be doing something with the Movement now and if one of them is named as such.

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

James smiled as she said she would make the announcement. Well, Calloway, you haven't been staked yet. That's a good first step. It was like a slight weight had been lifted off his shoulders, although he was nowhere near out of the fire yet.

Listening to her question, he thought for a moment. Tyler Archer had already met with him and was a stated Carthian. Dianne Devereux, on the other hand, was playing coy. They had things to discuss, no doubt at this meeting, but he had no idea what they would think about the Harpy being informed. And yet, knowing how the rituals of Acknowledgment in the city worked, he was fairly certain that they had disclosed their Carthianhood to the individuals they had been acknowledged by. Thinking for just a moment, he came to the conclusion that it probably wouldn't be a problem to tell her. Transparency in membership was important both to testing the mettle of the 'Carthians' he had met and to show that they were a legitimate group rather than a poorly-run, sketchy organization.

"There were two others I met so far -- Tyler Archer and Dianne Devereux. Both are new to the city, like me." He smiled politely at her, knowing full well that both may be approached by the Invictus soon enough for recruitment. A test of Carthianism. We'll see how they do. "Thank you so much for your help, Harpy Brown."

He shifted topics, having achieved his goal thus far. His face looked pensive for a moment, and then he made an offer. "On an unrelated note, I understand you are also a Deputy of the city. If you are in need of any help, I find myself always searching for new work in the city." He smiled sincerely, hoping the offer would demonstrate that he really was serious about the whole 'betterment of the city' thing.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The moment that James says two names Alice has never heard of, she decides to ask for a list of all Kindred in Sacramento. How comes there are so many Kindred she doesn't know about? 'Hmmm, it is good to hear that fresh blood keeps the Domain lively.'

'That also is good to hear good, but, on a related note, I am not a Deputy anymore.' She shrugs a 'too bad' shrug and sends a smile to make sure the Carthian isn't afraid that this would be his fatal faux pas. 'But I am sure that the Reeve's Office, now missing one Deputy while they actually need one more, will be glad to hear from you. Aiding the Domain is always greatly appreciated.'

She shoots a glance at her agenda before asking: 'I have one more question regarding the meeting, it might be useful to appoint a meeting place, if you want all Carthians to gather?'

Played by Dark Passenger

James listened carefully and relaxed slightly as she smiled, telling him that she was no longer a Deputy. He sincerely said, "No doubt the Reeve's Office will miss having your skill and wit as a part of their operations, Madam Harpy. I do wonder though, since you know him better than I, do you think it be deemed impolite to approach the Reeve with such things? I would prefer not to conduct myself in a way that would make him think less of me, and he is a busy man..." He left it lingering, obviously still learning the Invictus way of doing things. He did his best to serve, but the perfection of manners and protocol that the Invictus espoused was not entirely mastered in the Taifa quite yet.

As for her question, he said, "Ah, yes! Excellent point, Harpy Brown. May I write it on the card, so the information is in one place?" If she offered it to him, he would write an address down on the card. The address was a cozy place in the Communal Hunting Grounds that Jim kept for casual gatherings aside from his small above-ground Haven. Most nights James tended to sleep beneath the dirt in his beat in West Sacremento anyway, preferring to be near his assigned route.

QuoteQuote:
    The address is an inexpensive albeit nice place in the Carmichael area: 5940 Landis Ave, Carmichael, CA, 95608
    Carmichael is one of the Sacremento suburbs in the CHG.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'No of course not, Mr. Calloway. The Reeve can always spare a moment for those who offer help, and he certainly doesn't think less of them. Still if you want to play safe, you could also stick around Deputy Connery. Everything known to the Deputies will also be told to the Reeve, so all you have to do is show them your best side... and they'll let you know when you can do something to keep the Domain safe.' Alice makes it sound as a simple formula. It kinda is, though. It is at least how she experienced it.

When James asks the card back she gives it to him with a nod. As she sees it again she says: 'Excellent. Now time and place are in order, is there anything else you'd like to announce to the Carthians?' The Harpy asks it to be sure, because if the man forgot something he should really find the guts somewhere to come back again.

Played by Dark Passenger

James nodded appreciatively at the Harpy's comments. He went through it just to make sure he had gotten it all."Meeting in 7 days, at my meeting house... the time will be 11pm. Let's call it the general meeting of the Carthian Movement." He grinned, his enthusiasm coming through. "Thank you so much, Harpy Brown. I certainly appreciate your help tonight."

He thought for a moment, and then grinned. "As a complete aside, I'm looking for interesting new nightspots in town. Especially places that like singers... any spots I should check out?" The Taifa loved to have a good time, and the Harpy had been around for a while, no doubt. Perhaps she would know where one could be found. "I've seen the Asylum, here, and a jazz club with Whips Powell and Rodriguez."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice shortly chuckles when she sees the man's enthusiasm... she almost hopes that the Carthians will be able to form a Covenant for longer than two weeks, almost. 'It is my duty to be helpful Mr. Calloway, but thank you for the appreciation. I plan to play nice until my trial period is over.' She winks with her joke.

The Daeva thinks a little harder about this 2nd 'aside' of the evening. 'Well that of course wholly depends on what you're looking for. You sing howdy how cowboy, I'd recommend The Wranglers Bar. But when you're more into the old fashioned bars, the Pre-Flite Bar thinks of itself as the best known secret in Sacramento. Then again, if you just want to freestyle, you should try karaoke... say ....' She thinks about this a little longer, since she's not completely familiar with the scene. 'Marylin's club.'

'Now,' Alice leans backwards and crosses her legs, 'I could also point you to some nightspots where I've seen our Kind more regularly. Might you be hungry, really, try Gypsy's Greek Restaurant, but to be honest. I mostly hang out around the Elysia of Sacramento.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread