Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Patrick meets with Mr. Morris at the park.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    N
    Noel

The early afternoon finds Patrick at the park enjoying the weather as well as watching all the children playing, with parents mostly young mothers watching over them and talking to each other. His eyes show him that death and a lot of it had walked these areas and yet life not only carried on but joyously so. He smiled watching the play and every once in awhile looked up and down the paths leading to his park bench to see if his soon to be Councilor was arriving ( Jmiland1 )

The park bench sat just within a line of trees on a small hill giving a great view but also being some what concealed.

PRE

He had to wonder: why the park? Was this an echo of the earlier meeting of the Moroi--and if so, who had told this new arrival about it? Joshua wasn't even sure who had given this one his number. No one had said anything to the Arrow about meeting a new Moros.

Or perhaps the park was a trap, a ruse. Someone's idea of a joke, or a reminder to him of the lives that had been lost there: and they intended to kill him there as well. To add one more to the toll.

For these reasons, and others, Joshua arrives armed, shielded, and wary. When the trees and the bench come into view he's less interested in those than he is in the rest of his surroundings. Not even the children go without scrutiny; Seers could play upon their minds from a distance and swarm him with little targets he wouldn't dare use lethal force on. He keeps waiting for that goose-pimple feel on the back of his neck that he feels when someone casts. He keeps waiting for a sniper shot that doesn't come.

He climbs the hill and stops near the bench, about ten feet away. He looks out over the park. Truth be told, despite his caution his gaze merely skips over the man already seated on the bench. His mind registers him and forgets him in nearly the same moment.

N
    Noel

Patrick watches the man approach along the path. He looks around and makes sure that no one was sneaking or playing through the trees using his mage sight tuned to both life and death. Once happy with the answer he looks back to the approaching man. The man seemed cautious and Patrick was sorry he may have been the cause of that. Mr. Morris looked exactly like he had in Patricks dream, which was a good sign.

Good afternoon Mr. Morris, I'm the one who called for the appointment. You can call me Periphery, I have just looked over the area and found us to be quite alone. I do not know how to keep our words secret past that I'm afraid. His smile is friendly and welcoming. Both of his hands are in plain view one arm laying along the back of the bench and the other on the bench arm if looked upon supernally he wasn't even shielded though his sight was altered. He's dressed the way you would see most park goers, in a black t-shirt with the slogan "Try not to let your mind wander, it's much to small to be outside by itself" in orange lettering. Bluejeans and dark blue and grey sneakers. His hair is medium length on top but shaved underneath that somehow always stays out of his eyes though the bangs are long enough to hide them, and is a vibrant black throughout (not a dye). His face is friendly but neither overly attractive or unattractive and you would place his age as late teens maybe early 20's.

PRE

Joshua turns to regard the stranger for a moment, before nodding. A brief connection to the Aether is established--a push of Will--and sound condenses around the two men. Their speech will not go past the bench.

"Good afternoon, Periphery," he says. There's a brief pause between the two clauses as he ponders shortening the name to 'Peri'--something that would sound a bit more normal if a Sleeper heard. But that was the whole point of the spell, and it would be better to more formal for an initial meeting. "I suppose a welcome to Sacramento is in order."

Influence Sound, 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-03-03 21:16:44 Joshua rolls 6 to Influence Sound (Gno+Forces)(Meeting w/ Pat) (10 Again) 2, 4, 3, 9, 10, 8, 1 3 successes

N
    Noel

He smiles as he feels the spell coalesce around them and nods to the man as he gestures to the bench. I don't wish to be rude Mr. Morris, please have a seat. He stands and offers his hand in greeting. It's plain he is not used to speaking so formally but he's trying.

PRE

There's a slight hesitation before Joshua reaches out and gives Periphery a firm, dry shake. "Thank you," he says, and he takes a seat at one end of the bench. He angles himself so he can keep an eye on their surroundings while still facing the other man. "I take it, then, you are new to the city?" he asks. "I hadn't seen you at any of our previous functions."

N
    Noel

Patrick sits on the bench opposite his guest also sitting so he not only could see him clearly but also so he could periodically look the area over.

Yes sir, I have only recently come to this city. I've wondered for a couple years and feel that this is the place for me to settle. I don't know yet why Sacramento, but it is a pleasant enough city. He looks around the park as he says this last. His voice is still friendly as is his smile both seeming genuine.

I did not wish to set such uncomfortable feelings for you, was the park a poor choice for a meeting? I do so love the outdoors and I thought that an open area with people nearby might lessen any fear of meeting someone new. But as I seem to have cause you some stress I apologize and hope my lack of familiarity here hasn't colored our meeting or my stay in the wrong light. He looks curiously at the man.

PRE

Joshua waves a hand and blankly says, "No, it's fine." Which is a lie, but he can live with it. "What was it that drew you to the city? Sacramento has something of a tarnished reputation for us." His eyes narrow for a moment as something occurs to him. "Which Order are you with, Periphery?"

N
    Noel

I think tarnished fits everywhere I have been, at the very least. He looks at Mr. Morris. I have not joined any as of yet, but my preference is the Free Council. That was going to be something I asked you for, the name and number of the representative of the Council. But before I ask for anything I'm sure you have plenty of questions for me. As to what brought me here, I can not really say. I am as interested in that answer as you may be probably more since it involves me directly. As I said I have traveled around a bit and here, just feels right. I'm sorry I can't give you a direct answer but as we both know not all questions can be answered right away and in this I don't even know the answer yet. I hope I can provide better answers to your other questions. His look is apologetic and friendly. He doesn't seem to be trying to hide anything. He seems like he wants to ask questions of his own but he waits as he said he would.

PRE

The Councilor makes a non-committal sound, and looks out over the park. He's silent. Lost in thought. Putting things together. A drifter who thinks the city "feels right" as though he were some starry-eyed Acanthus; an Apostate or would-be Libertine, of course, because any other Order would likely have some sort of direction for its members.

Or maybe--more likely--he was just young and new, and Joshua was judging him too harshly. Not everyone lived lives as rigid as the Arrow did.

"What do you do?" he asks, then waves a hand as though erasing the question from the air. "Or, wish to do, I suppose."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 4

You do not have permission to view the list of names.