Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
You Bought a What?

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    B
    Beej

The Beast cocks an eyebrow and glances at Rick. There weren't a ton of places he could thing of that would be safe from casual abductions. The Hotel was the only heavily warded place he knew of. Rick and Terri's hedge house would be a very safe location for her, not to mention two good parents. But he wasn't sure exactly how to broach that idea. Instead he settled for giving Rick an inquisitive look.

L

"If I were you," he deliberately left it a bit vague who exactly he meant when he said "you," "I'd ask Betony Rue at the Boarding House." He was fairly certain she'd take the kid in, it was one of the safer places for Maggie that he could think of, and most importantly it was one where Maggie could still potentially have a comparatively normal life.

It helped that Betony Rue's inevitable displeasure, it was always inevitable, was far more likely to be levied at Stripes and Otto than it was at him.

The girl looks from one Changeling to the other, listening as they decide on what their best option is. Finally Maggie's curiosity gets the best of her and she asks, "who's that?" She looks up at Rick, blinks twice and then turns to Stripes, awaiting for an answer.

"Is she...different like you?" she asks the Hunterheart.

B
    Beej

Otto racked his brain for the name. She supposed to be an officer of Autumn but for the life of him he couldn't remember two words being spoken about her or ever seen her for that matter. "I can't really say I know anything about her. Other than she's...more of a Fall type of person." Otto said, switching from 'Autumn' to 'Fall' to code the discussion. "She has a boarding house?"

Stripes hasn't met Betony in person unfortunately, but rumors have occasionally circled around to the young hunter.

"Yeah, she different," Stripes says with a nod. "If Ki...Uh Mr. Pereg thinks she'll help then should be worth a shot."

Stripes tries to keep his mind clear of the rumors he's heard. Betony supposedly helps changelings in need, and they certainly needed help now, but she was also not noted for being good tempered. Still it's not like King Pereg would have them ask her if he thought she might be dangerous, right?

L

"She's had it for longer than I've been in Sacramento, and her tenants seem to enjoy it there." Which means she probably actually had something of a softer side when it came to them. Scratch that, she definitely did. Even as her Sovereign he was never about to go and call her "Bets" like Emma did. "She takes good care of them, too." Milford's Changeling counterpart could attest to that well enough...

"It's located at [insert address here]."

Maggie just smiles at Stripes and then says, "ok, I'll trust your word." She then turns back at Rick and Otto, waiting to see what they would do next. After a few seconds of silence she finally breaks it.

"So are we going there now?" asks the girl turning from one Changeling to the other.

"I'm ready to go if Otto can still drive," Stripes nods to Maggie.

He's about to head back to the jeep when he remembers his manners. He makes a small bow to King Pereg and smiles broadly.

"Thanks for your help, we'll make sure Maggie safe," He says to the Autumn Ruler.

Even Stripes isn't going to forget to thank his court leader for assistance, even if it was just advice.

B
    Beej

Otto fishes out his pocket sudoku. "There's probably going to be paper work and what not, getting Maggie permanently settled in the new place if it pans out. I'm assuming I can count on help if we need to convince people to push the paper work through without too many questions?" Otto asks as he scribles down the address.

L

Rick gives Stripes a slight nod, "Not a problem."

What Otto was implying, though...significantly more of one. "You realize I have no influence over social services, right?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread