Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1202) Ciara and Ariana

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Ariana Donovan

*Ciara returns the smile, bowing her had head slightly it Daniella.* The pleasure would be mine, Bailiff Sage. And thank you for your well wishes... *Another small bow, and the thin Ventrue takes a step back to allow Daniella to deal with the other new arrivals.

As she does, she feels the familiar press of Ariana's Beast come alongside; Ciara turning and offering her fellow Ventrue a deep bow.* Good evening, Seneschal Donovan. Please accept my most sincere congratulations on your appointment this evening. *She gives Ariana a genuine smile, glad to see someone she respected gain the position vacant for so long.

Her smile grows as her fellow Ventrue offers to Acknowledge her, Ciara nodding her head softly.* Thank you, Seneschal; that would be wonderful.

*Ciara's grin grows ever so slightly, her tone of voice becoming slightly playful as she looks Ariana's costume over.* No, I do not think that will be necessary; I believe I have a fitting song in mind. Though, if you happen to have anyone handy that knows how to tickle the ivories, I would be most appreciative...
    It was a strange roll reversal between Ariana and Ciara, in the redhead's opinion. When she first moved to the Domain, Ciara was the Harpy and the Lordess as a neonate bowed to her. Nodding her head in gratitude she spoke. "Thank you Madam Maskylene." As she peered over the thin Ventrue's fitting dress she raised her brows. "Or should I say Miss Golightly." She said with a wink.

"Shall we talk a quick walk over here." She gestured as June started walking toward the side of the room with the posters. Behind them contained the necessary tools for acknowledgement. "About the tickling you are refering to." If indeed you mean the piano, she thought with a smirk on her lips. "I believe Herald Villiers does play. However, since she will also be judging, I am unsure if she is able to do so while accompanying you. But it would not hurt to ask."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Only if I can call you June... *Ciara teases back.

She follows behind Ariana as they move off to the side and away from those wishing to speak with the Bailiff. She returns the smile as the Seneschal mentions Martha played the piano; the raven-haired Ventrue thinking of how best to answer the idea of asking the Herald to provide accompaniment when Ariana excuses herself for a few moments to receive more congratulations. Ciara simply bows her head as the Regent moves away.*

Ciara is still patiently waiting when Donovan returns, softly shaking her head.* While I would certainly enjoy her abilities; I wouldn't want to impose on the Herald. I suppose it will be acapella tonight... *From the slight smile on her lips, Ciara obviously didn't mind winging without backup.* I am just happy tonight's contest is a more... intellectual pursuit than the last such event I attended...

*The last fight for Rights Ciara had seen involved Jillian and her Claws...*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

A
    Ariana Donovan

June snickered a little as Ciara playfully called her.

"I am sure you will do just fine. In fact, I was unaware our family had such a talent in its midst." As she spoke and impressed smile was on her lips as her eyes lifted in agreement. As Ariana glanced to where Martha was, fluttering about and organizing things she nodded in agreement with Ciara's observation. "Indeed you are correct, however, there may be another pianist around somewhere. There are so many new Kindred among us as of late. Some are quite surprising." In ways I did not wish to know.

When her thin cousin brought up a previous event, Ariana pursed her lips and agreed. "Yes, I think I will enjoy this much more than that particular competition. Some do enjoy that sort of thing, but everyone is entitled to their own types of pleasure." She leaned in and whispered softly. "Although if it is a battle of wits, I daresay that may be a difficult accomplishment for some." Pulling back, the Lordess did not turn to look at anyone. She was quite sure Ciara would soon find out.

Lifting her arm and softly directing her to the two lists to the side she nodded. "I believe you have been acquainted with these before. However, if you would take a look at the Laws of the Domain and the Regency Map to see if there is anything that has changed. Along with the list of the Kindred of Note within His Grace Alder Clarke, Duke of Sacramento, Prince of the Domain." Her tone was not patronizing in anyway, and hopefully her family member would appreciate formalities, especially now that her path has changed.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Mmm... *Ciara says softly in agreement, looking at the growing number of Kindred that had come to talk to both the Herald and Bailiff.* No matter who wins, I hope it will be a favorable showing of abilities for our Family... *The dark haired Ventrue looks over to Ariana with a knowing smirk; she was certain anyone of their blood that made a fool of themselves would not be allowed to forget it for some time.* Oh, it's quite alright. I wouldn't want to impose on anyone. Besides, it wouldn't be in the spirit of competition to ask someone else to aid only me...

*Her smirk grows into a curious look, wondering just what "surprises" the Seneschal had found; but that was a conversation for another time. Instead, she nods her head softly, then has to fight back a giggle at the whisper.* Well, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, Seneschal. It all depends on how you best use your strengths. And what makes you weak... *If Ciara's eyes lingered on the Prince and Judex as they conversed privately , it was only for a moment, and only because she was turning her head to read the lists Ariana was motioning to.

She does indeed read the two articles on the wall; at first simply for the sake of keeping up appearances. But, as she looks over the map of Regencies, a slight frown pulls down the edges of her lips.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

A
    Ariana Donovan

There were times that Ciara’s subtext in her words were hard to decipher. It seemed since the night of her departure last summer that there may have been some undertones left from that time. Or Ariana was reading into it, which was probably a topic for another evening. Smiling proudly to her cousin, she mentioned. “Madam Maskelyne I think you will do perfectly well.” She said while glancing for a moment over to Alice’s direction and Daniella’s line of performers. “I am sure you would not be imposing, there may be someone else who volunteered to help accompany the performers.”

“Of course you are correct, we all have our strengths. Perhaps some are just easier to see than others.” The redhead stated in agreement. Of course, Ariana did not miss much...

As Ariana waited for a few moments as Ciara read through the two items she glanced around to see Asa and Twist dancing which always made her smile. When she looked back to her fellow Lordess her eyes caught the quick frown. “Is something wrong Madam Maskelyne, or did you have a question at all?”

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*It takes a moment for Ciara to register Ariana's concern, the dark-haired Ventrue suddenly coming out of her own thoughts to look back to the Seneschal. She shakes her head slightly, quickly replacing the worried frown with a slight smile.* Not at all, I was just reminded of how much I still have to do before I'm well and truly settled back into life here in Sacramento. It seems a woman's work is never done I suppose... *Part of Ciara's motivation for performing tonight was to make that transition a little easier through Tenancy.*

But I'm sure you are correct, I will ask the Bailiff if anyone has volunteered to help with the performances. Although...
    *The Ventrue's eyes sparkle with mischief as she leans in to whisper to her fellow Ventrue.* Perhaps I would get a larger response if I simply stand in the middle of Court and announce I'm in need of a skilled Pianist? *As she leans back, Ciara has to stifle a playful giggle; she couldn't be completely serious while talking with Ariana...*

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana nodded slowly remembering how she started out and was settled in. “Of course, that is entirely true. I also recommend speaking to Her Grace, Judex Twist the Duchess of Sacramento as well informing her of your change while you were away.”

Laughing softly at Ciara’s whisper she mentioned. “Well that would certainly get some attention would it not?” Shaking her head a little. “I am sure you will find a pianist sooner or later.” Although the Lordess wondered if it may have been a play on words.

Smiling, but in a slightly more serious tone Ariana looked to Ciara. “If there are no questions on the Laws of the Domain or Regencies we shall continue.” Her hand lifted gently to the Laws and then settled down again. There was a faint moment, where the copper haired Ventrue thought it should almost be like the mortal courts and one would swear on a bible. With a pleasant and official voice, she continued. “Madam Maskelyne, by acknowledging the Praxis of His Grace, Alder Prince Clarke Duke or Sacramento you will enter into the Oath of Loyalty of the Domain both binding in spirit as well as words. Do you swear to abide by the Praxis of His Grace; obey and respect his Laws and those Officers of the Court as he has assigned; will you contribute to the welfare of the Domain while doing nothing to disrupt the pleasantness within?” Her hands clasp in front of her awaiting Ciara’s reply.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Oh, I have every intention of speaking with Her Grace. Just, when she is not so... engaged... *Ciara answers with a knowing smile. Anyone with half a mind should know better than to interrupt the Prince; and Ciara knew that went double when he was enjoying a dance with the Archon.

She nods as Ariana indicated she wished to continue, the dark haired Ventrue turning more serious when they once again spoke of the Laws. She waits patiently until the Seneschal finished speaking, bowing her head deeply before answering.* I swear my loyalty and fealty to His Majesty, Alder Prince Clarke; and to those he has extended his full faith and authority to. His words and wishes are my command, and I will uphold his Laws and edicts to the best of my abilities.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Nodding knowing that the Prince and Archon were dancing, Ariana replied. “Of course, I am sure you could set up an appointment with her at a later date if you do not speak with her this evening.”

Ciara would probably be the easiest acknowledgement Ariana may ever do. The thin cousin knew this Domain well and what was expected of her. Her reply certainly showed it. “You are hereby Acknowledged Madam Maskelyne. Since you left previously on good terms and went through the proper channels on your return, I will grant you Tenancy in the Communal Hunting Grounds. Should you wish to change that at a later date, please seek the appropriate Regent.” Things would have certainly been different if it were not as Ariana had said.

Ariana had caught someone Adrian Lewis looking her direction. “Are there any other questions before you skirt off to sing for us these evening?” She smiled to the dark haired Lordess.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Thank you, Seneschal Donovan. *Ciara answers with a soft smile, bowing her head softly.

She looks over at the other Kindred Ariana was looking at, her smile growing ever so slightly.* No, Seneschal. I believe I know how to keep myself out of trouble.

Thank you for your time, I won't distract you from more... pleasurable persists any longer.
    *Another bow, and Ciara walks away; slowly flipping through the songbook in her head for a proper song.*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.