Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
Nosferatu Clan Meeting

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Doctor Lazarus decides that his turn is next, and stands as he takes the floor. By now the smell of strong, bad tasting medicine, had most likely resonated enough off of him to overwhelm the smell of the sewers. His unkempt appearance would only add to the soft hiss and rasping voice he gave his opinion in.

"As Mister Reeve Culler stated, I control the valuable asset of Amber Hill Asylum -- and have done so for decades. My facility's ability to detain is available to those who make it worth my while..." He thinks for a moment before adding, "Among other things, I am also a master of the nightmare discipline and have extensive training in the field of medical psychiatry...and medical saws." The Warden takes a look around the room, looking at the assembled haunts with the analytical look of a psychiatrist. "I believe, as a whole, we are a force of horror to be reckoned with."

The doctor seats himself, looking to the pretty blond boy (girl?) to take the floor next.

What the fuck is that freak's problem?Taylor thinks to himself/herself as the masked haunt looks at him/her. Standing up, Taylor straightens his/her suit before speaking.

"I am Taylor McCoy, Myrmidon of the Carthian Movement. I am blessed with the ability to bring beauty among our kind, as demonstrated by my very self standing here before you." He/she stands there for a moment, allowing the fellow haunts to take in the full look. "I am also blessed with an affinity for the Majesty discipline." Following Dr. Lazarus' lead, Taylor also looks around the room before commenting on them as a whole.

I guess I might as well boost their ego, even if they all do look like horrific rejects and freaks.

"I also believe we are strong in Sacremento; our numbers here are sign of that. In my opinion our clan, together, is clearly a force to be reckoned with." The Myrmidon's face does not reflect his inner thoughts on their innate ugliness.

He/she sits down, waiting for the next haunt to stand.

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff sees that the only Kindred left to speak beside himself is the veiled woman who had spoke down to him at Mass, and the wretched old nun. Eager to prove to his clan his worth, to outshine the condescending former party, and inform the second why he was not a rather boring midnight snack, Heathcliff takes the floor in an uncharacteristically bold fashion. He tries to clear his throat, which is a sound like somebody jumping around in wet cement, and doesn't work in any case, before beginning.

"My name is Heathcliff Staley. I have worked for this city's Housing Authority for nearly twenty years." By the looks on their faces, he could see it was time to elaborate. "Every year, hundreds of families apply for low-income housing or assistance with their rent in this city alone. Dozens of landlords, property development corporations, contractors, building material vendors, and more, apply to work with the city on these programs. Each of these people and companies must disclose all kinds of sensitive information to the State- insurance, financial records, whatever you need. I can gain access to these documents with ease- anyone who has applied to work with us in the last fifty years or so remains on file. Though my role within the organization has reduced as a result of my Embrace, I am confident that I can still arrange for access to any building that works with the SHA, or flag one for daytime inspection." He's still to nervous about his standing to risk the haughty, Don't you work at a hotel or something? look he'd love to give the veiled woman. He merely rambles on in that stuffed-up voice.

"Aside from my familiarity with the State bureaucracy, I have recently learned how to Obfuscate myself from view," he states proudly. "And I have some small facility with Vigor and Nightmare. Doctor Lazarus was recently gracious enough to teach me how to conduct a proper exorcism, also."

Heathcliff takes his seat.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"Milady Nidra, do you have an opinion? Or would you prefer to keep your opinon to yourself?" O-Yama asks of the Rakshasa Haunt. She, other than Mother Maria, was the only one left to speak. He waited patiently for her response.

c
    crazyarchon

James trudges through the muck and stench dirtying his street clothes. He makes his way to the sewer junction in silence with only a scowl on his face. “Too many memories.”, He mutters as he reaches the meeting place. Looks like the meeting has already started.

James looks around the room as he enters the main chamber. His predatory gaze shifts to each kindred in turn. A warrior, a burly beast, a veil woman, a twitchy man, a disturbing beauty, a doctor of sorts, and a raisin posing as a militant nun. James’ shivers a little as his blood burns. Correction, a very powerful raisin nun. James waits at the main chamber entrance unsure of proper protocol for these situations.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama catches sight of the man standing in the doorway. He holds a finger up, to signal to Sabri to hold her words. He then immediately makes his way over to the man, forcing the Oni to stand down in his prescence, though it screamed to run.

"Hello, I am Priscus O-Yama, I dont believe we've met."

c
    crazyarchon

"No, I am new to town." James shakes the man's hand. "Well met, O-Yama, I am James Wade." James pauses for a moment and points a thumb at the empty chairs. "Should I find myself a seat? I don't want to delay the meeting any longer."

Arnold watched the newcomer carefully, looking him over. His Beast growled in acknowledgment to one of equal potency.

He would talk with that one after the meeting, ensure he got to where he needed to go.

For now, he leans over to Sabri speaking under his breath but loudly enough for her to clearly hear him. "I've been thinking. The responsibility of the next Court falls to the Carthian Movement, by way of the rotation set in place by Prince Clarke. I don't see any reason why we should make any Invictus holdings available to them. The Avalon. The Sterling. No. They can use their own holdings to have their Court, if they possess any, and if they don't it will simply make them look all the more... unfortunate."
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, come inside."

O-Yama motions the man into the room. He then looks to all gathered, before turning back to James. "James, while you are new and obviously would not know of our strengths and weaknesses as a clan, you can give us any personal advantages you bring to the family. If you would, please tell us now."

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

The snivelling, cowardly Beast within Heathcliff Staley panicked as yet another powerful elder enters the confined area of the meeting. He remains seated, as he fears if he should stand, his legs might propel him through the ceiling.

To Arnold, Sabri whispers "That idea has certain merit. Let us discuss it further after the meeting."

She finally then stands in response to the Priscus' offering her an opportunity to speak. "Some of us have significant positions within the city. These include the Myrmidon of the Carthian Movement, and the Reeve. Others, including myself, control significant assets." Sabri does not mention the assets she and Reeve Culler manage for the Invictus, as such matters are best not publicized. "As such, while our numbers are small, our influence is not."

Sabri Nidra then sits back down.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread