Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Nosferatu Clan Meeting

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

A perceptible chill announces the presence of the next vampire to find her way to tonight's meeting. She appears beyond old, her shriveled appearance so close to that of a mummy as to be disturbing, but moves with a firm stride and no visible sign of weakness or infirmity. She is dressed in the manner of a mortal nun, save that all parts of the outfit that would be white for a nun are red in this case. Everything but her hands and face are covered. Her eyes are pale, the irises so faint a grey as to barely stand out against the whites.

She wears around her neck an unusual crucifix fashioned in the manner favored by the Lancea et Sanctum. On her hands, she wears black leather gauntlets with spiked metal plates over the striking surfaces, and across her back she wears carries a sheathed sword, extra-long in the style sometimes referred to as a "hand and a half" or "bastard" sword. She looks around the chamber, finally focusing on O-Yama and approaching him.

"Would you be the Priscus?" she asks, her voice cold, almost without inflection.

Mother Superior Donna Maria: Chilling aura, really freaking old, Blood Potency 5

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama immediately feels the burning chill, looking the woman in the eye. He respected her almost instantly, a warrior, something he could definately relate with. The Oni screamed at him to run away, but O-Yama forced the beast to digress, to hide within the caverns of his soul. He turns to her and gives her a firm handshake, grasping her forearm in his hand, a warrior's shake. He nods at her query.

"Yes, Priscus O-Yama, I dont believe we have met."

"I am Mother Superior Donna Maria. I am in this domain on a temporary basis as an official representative of the Lancea et Sanctum, but have been acknowledged by the Seneschal and informed of Elysium. If I am welcome, I would like to attend this meeting, to see how my Sacramento cousins conduct business."

"Thank you, Priscus O-Yama." Taylor nods in appreciation of his/her name being remembered. Taylor says nothing else, simply taking a seat to watch the proceedings of the meeting.

When the ancient one enters the room, the Myrmidon focuses himself/herself to not flee in terror. Damn! How old is she?Despite the instinct to flee, Taylor remains outwardly calm, although his skin beneath is crawling.

Ith Lazarus' attention turns to Heathcliff as he is addressed. For a moment the Warden only gazes at him, his yellow eyes scruitinizing and cold. At first it would appear as if Lazarus was not going to dignify him with a reply, but then his voice hisses from inside his mask. "Mr. Staley, the affairs of Amber Hill are in order." There almost seems to be a bit of disgust in his voice, as if the doctor was angered that his home was being discussed. "Your concern is appreciated..."

((OOC: Forgot to add this in about Lazarus' noticing Mother Superior.))

The doctor's eyes could not dig into Heathcliff for long enough, however, as at that moment a powerful force entered the room. The beast inside thrashed against its leash in fear; it wanted to run, but the bolts which Lazarus used to hold it in place held tight. A true beast...His undead, bloodshot, eyes moved to the form of the nun -- looking at her with respect.

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

"You are entirely welcome, milady, enter and have a seat, or stand should that be your preference. We will begin shortly."

O-Yama turns and enters the main chamber, sure that that was the last of the family in the city. He moves across the room and stands at the head of the table taking in all the Nosferatu sitting there in this room. He smiles then begins speaking.

"Welcome all of you, it does my head heart good to see so many of our cousins in this city." He faces goes stoic in the blink of an eye. "Now, I suggest we talk business, I would like to know the strengths we have, and any relevant weaknesses that need to be worked on. If you could start Reeve Culler?"

Arnold stands as requested, but he doesn't answer immediately. First he asks "Are you asking me for an assessment of my personal strengths or for my opinion on the status of our clan in Sacramento?"
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

O-Yama
    O-Yama

NOS
    PRE

O-Yama smiles, realizing he may had asked the question in not so clear a manner. "If you would not mind, both. I would ask the same of everyone when their turn comes."

Heathcliff Staley

NOS
    PRE

Heathcliff seems to have perturbed Lazarus...again. I seem to have a talent for it, he thinks wryly. Then he feels the overwhelming urge to flee as the decrepit nun he had seen with Mariel the other night enters. He forces his knees to bend and sits bolt upright in the chair, and looks away to avoid her gaze. He wonders if she knows his sire, Sebastian. They could be twins, separated at First Death.

He looks instead at the painting of which Sunshine was obviously the artist, and remembers the monstrosity sadly. If I had pulled out all the stops to get him a place above ground ASAP, he might be here with us. The meeting's commencement jars his mind from his guilt, and he pays due attention to the proceedings.

"Very well."

"My size does not belie my strength, and even without the Blood's enhancements I am strong. I have dedicated my Requiem to the pursuit of combat prowess. I spent 100 years tracking, capturing, and killing rogue Kindred as Hound of Jackson, Mississippi. I'm proficient with wielding a variety of weapons, and am no less dangerous unarmed. I've persevered in learning the Disciplines of Vigor and Obfuscate, and often stalk my prey unseen. I have some knowledge of Nightmare, and also have been educated in the basics of Dominate and Celerity. I've found Dominate helps one as disfigured as I am in feeding. I believe I don't have to explain the usefulness of Celerity to those gathered here. Above all, I have the drive and the ability to finish what I start."

Arnold looks around the room before he answers again. "I believe the Nosferatu's presence in Sacramento is strong. Many of us are survivors of the Lost Nights, including the youngest among us." Arnold had considered saying weakest as he gestures to Heathcliff, but at the last moment he'd decided not to.

"Madame Nidra runs the Sterling Hotel, and I the Avalon. This gives our clan influence in the commercial realm, even though in many domains our kind is confined to sewers such as these." He spreads his hands, indicating the late Sunshine's Haven.

"Priscus O-Yama and I are capable warriors. Dr. Lazarus is the master of an impressive facility at Amber Hill."

Turning to the hag; The Mother Superior, The one who made him want to dig his way up out of the sewers, break through the earth and concrete above him, and run away. He bows to her, in respect of the ferocity of her powerful Beast. "We can all feel the power radiating from the eldest among us. Though she may not be among us long, it is clear she represents the power the Nosferatu is capable of."

"I can not name our weakness as a clan, because as I look around I find a rounded out group of capable individuals. Not even beauty eludes Sacramento's Haunts, it seems."
    Arnold nods courteously to Taylor.

"I look around and I am pleased at what I see in Sacramento's Nosferatu."

Arnold sits down.
    Cameron Levine - BP2 - Ventrue, Invictus

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread