Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1202) Emma and Josephine

I
    Irina

With a smile that perhaps seemed slightly cooller than it might otherwise have done, considering who the Haunt's costume represented, Josephine shook the offered hand. The grip was firm, polite and brief.

"A pleasure," the blood-scented Snow Queen replied, with a warm sincerity in her voice. "Whip Josephine Powell," she introduced in kind.

It had taken some time for her, after arriving in Sacramento, to properly acclimatise to speaking to new people and to decide what manner of tone to use.

The good Doctor had learnt since those early days, and the shift in her posture suggested an comfortableness as she eased into the conversation.

"I have to say, your costume is perfectly elegant," Whip Powell complimented.

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled warmly, "Thank you. Nice to meet you Whip Powell." Emma gave a slight incline of her head. Emma's eyes remained dark as she kept beast under control. Even though Emma had a ton of hairspray in her hair holding in place, she was afraid of knocking her hair out of place if she moved her head too much. How did people do this sort of thing on a regular basis?

I
    Irina

"I've... seen you around once or twice," Whip Powell acknowledged thoughtfully. "How are you settling into the Domain?"

It was not simple formality that prompted the question, but genuine curiousity. They had all been new once upon a time, and every Kindred appeared to take to Sacramento in vastly different ways.

Emma French

PRE

"Very well, thank you. I have been busy with work, but am now starting to look for a way to make myself useful around the domain." Emma glanced around the room checking where everyone was situated before continuing, "This is my first official court, do they all have such entertaining themes?" Emma flashed a smile, she was genuinly interested since she had only been to a few courts else where in her many years as a kindred.

Emma French

PRE

Emma heard the Herald make an announcement. "Whip Powell, I would love to continue this conversation. But I really need tenency." Emma glanced at Bailiff Sage. "Do you mind if I sign up for the show before we continue?" Emma mentally rolled her eyes at her own awkwardness. She didn't want Whip Powell to feel slighted but she did feel some urgency to sign up for the talent show.

I
    Irina

Whip Powell merely gave a polite nod as Emma made her departure, and responded with a simple: "Of course."

The young were always so hasty, it seemed sometimes.

As she turned around to watch the other woman wander away, the Haunt wondered what sort of entertainment those new Kindred needing tenancy would come up with. Watching them battle it out with music stylings or some such talent would be an interesting way to spend the remainder of the evening.

As the Haunt moved around the Court, she gave the new Seneshal a quick nod and a smile of congratulations. Ariana's promotion was certainly deserved.

Emma French

PRE

(@ J Powell) "I'm going to sing and play the piano. Sorry about the abrupt departure. I knew there would end up being a rush to get to Bailiff Sage and wanted to make sure was able to sign-up." Emma paused and looked around as people milled around them. "How long have you been in Sacramento?" Emma was honestly curious about Whip Powell, she seemed so nice.

I
    Irina

The good Doctor was rather pleased to have the chance to converse more. In her opinion, conversations could be so rushed these days and so few people had the time to simply... relax and catch up, or get to know one another.

The Haunt relaxed into the conversation with surprising ease, mentally shrugging off her discomfort of old. She did not lurk worriedly in dark corners anymore, concerned with saying or doing the wrong thing. She was wiser now, more in tune with the comings and goings to be aware.

"Of course," Whip Powell replied casually. "I wish you luck," she added.

Singing around a piano was something the Haunt could appreciate, if not do herself with any definable skill. It reminded her of childhood, or Christmas and New Years balls and Roger regalling them with his playing.

The Haunt shook herself.

"A year, give or take a few weeks."

Time didn't really matter so much anymore. The only reason she was aware of the passage of the months on this occasion, was because so much had happened in so short a span of time.

"So you intend on remaining in Sacramento then, if you intend on competing for tenancy?"

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled at the genuiness of the Whip. "I think I will stay for a while. I have been looking for a place to settle down in and Sacramento has a lot to offer. And the people have been really..." Emma searched for the correct word... kind, generous, welcoming? Welcoming was the closest she could come up with. Beast growled, they haven't all been welcoming. Stop being a wimp and start with the blood. Emma smashed beast down. "Welcoming. Everyone have been welcoming and helpful. It seems to be a strong community here. Have you been enjoying the area? Do you have any suggestions for a new in towner like myself?" Emma was very interested what suggestions others may have for her. She liked getting to know people by the suggestions they make, it always told so much about them.

I
    Irina

Whip Powell nodded once in agreement, adding a calm: "It is... strong. There are some... who may be considered...less so, but... weakness is punished." It could be considered a gentle warning against foolishly assuming that politeness and friendliness meant that someone was a pushover; but it was a useful piece of advice were one to take it the right way.

"Relaxation-wise... it depends on... what you find most interesting. There are clubs... Museums, I find the... parks are nice for... moments of solitude."

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.