(1202) Adrian and Roxie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Striking Looks •• (Bitchin' legs)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

Adrian snapped back in, his eyes still on Roxie ( Roxie Hart ). He shook himself fighting off the chains of his beast, the damn thing had sunk its claws into him when she had come over. Straightening his back he walked over to her, his beast now back in its cage.

"Miss Hart.." he smiled nervously "or perhaps you prefer Rizzo tonight. I would like to apologize for my behavior, I'm embarrassed to say that you startled me a little when you came over. I am indeed new here, and I have to to acclimatize to this court and its many powerful Kindred. I hope you can forgive me."

OOC
    Roxie attempted to crack a smile while holding back the urge to vomit just a little. An ass kisser now... great. Yet her brow raised at Adrian Lewis ' apology. Most didn't do such a thing.

"Rizzo, Roxie whichever is fine." She glanced over her sunglasses and scanned the beast before her. "So, what brings you here?" She paused a moment. "There are several powerful ones. Some bite sometimes." The leg-a-licious Gangrel shrugged. "Apology accepted." For now.

"Also, about the make-up?" She quirked an inquisitive brow.
    BP ••• | SL2 (Bitchin Legs) | Pres ••• (Impatient)

L
    Lorique

He was relieved that she accepted his apology, and it seemed to relax a little. "Yes the makeup took a while to get on, but I found a makeup artist who helped me get it done just right. She had some very useful suggestions as to costume as well, though most of them seems to have been taken from the movie. I hadn't seen it until a few days ago, since I rarely watch movies anymore. I originally read the book on suggestion from my sire, soon after my embrace. The whole 'monster hiding behind an alluring mask of beauty' appealed to me." he offered a conspiratorial smile at that, hinting at the obvious suggestion.

"As to what brings me here, I must admit to having traveled through the area a few times. I used to live further south, but there seems to be an abundant amount of live music venues in the area, something I have a minor weakness for. As such I figured it would be just the right place for me to fit in, besides I have only heard good things about his grace the Prince. Even from those who would oppose an Invictus prince."

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

“Yeah, I don’t watch many movies. Especially musicals.” She mentioned quickly and adjusted her jacket with a don’t ask quick move. Her face made a curious look. “Monsters behind a mask. Is that a reflection of our state of being?” She snapped her gum sharply, much like Rizzo would do.

Roxie furrowed her brow a little. Great, more unwelcomed guests coming from the South?

“Define South and who did you hear about our Prince from?” Her head tilted a little with a raised brow. “Are these the same Kindred who would oppose an Invictus Prince?” It was entirely unclear what her feelings were on the matter.

L
    Lorique

Adrian offered a half shrug half nod "Reflection is a strong word, I'd go with commentary instead. Though the painting in the book does reflect the state of Dorian's soul..." he trailed off..

"Well, I have spent some time in Texas and New Mexico, and northern Mexico.." he seemed to relive some distant memory but quickly snapped back in. "Well at least historically the unbound oppose nobody but don't agree with anybody either. Most of the Kindred I have spoken with are pilgrims or wanderers, those who have chosen to live outside the confines of a fixed domain. I lived like that myself for some time.." he considered his next words for a few seconds before continuing "From what I have seen, its not all covenants who would agree with an Invictus princes politics, especially if that prince brazenly flaunts power by going against core values of a specific covenant. It only spreads discontent. It is a strong and fair prince who does not flaunt his power for the sake of proving it. It was said that 'The highest proof of virtue is to possess boundless power without abusing it.' though I don't remember who said it.. doesn't make it less true though."

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

The leggy Gangrel shrugged. "Nomadic isn't always bad. Knowing where your next meal comes from versus being ashed can be tricky."

While she listened, she wondered where he was going with this so she spoke. "So are you opposed or against an Invictus Domain?" Roxie said with a question of clarification. "Or is it solely based on the type of Invictus Prince that rules the Domain?"

L
    Lorique

Adrian smiled, the direct question catching him a little off guard "I support any prince who shows tolerance and an open mind. That said, there are things I do not support. I'm not a very educated man, but i do know what its like to be under the heel of a society who views your kind as everything thats wrong in their world." He rolled his shoulders, a gesture that seemed to relax his body a little. "I don't think we necessarily need to change the way we govern our world. I can see things that speak for and against such an act, but most of all I think any sudden change will only lead to bloodshed - and while we tend to keep a low profile, during any war there will be casualties. In a war of our kind, the kine and ghouls are first to shed their blood, something we should all care a little bit more about than we do." he offered a weak smile at that.

"The change I would like to see in our world then, is a social one. We are predators, that much we can all agree on. But we were humans first, and many of our kind tend to forget that little fact. Those we call ghouls are the ones I feel for the most, not only because in most cases they are so enthralled to their masters that they can hardly go a minute without thinking of them. Imagine living your life like that? I have lived like that, though the bond was a mutual one with my sire and soul mate, and losing her was the single biggest loss of my life. I loved her, and i was enthralled to her.. and I don't know which pain was keener.. the loss of her as my love, or my master." the pained look in his eyes as he spoke of her was one of both longing and grief. He blinked away something and a clearer tone of red appeared in his lower eyelids..

"The ghouls have nowhere to go if they lose their master.. the solution I have seen most often is to have a hound or sheriff hunt them down and dispose of them. I say, we should try to establish some social network for them, so we may try and return them to the kine. This could be done by waning them of our blood and wiping their minds of any memory of it. We have the power to do so, and to even place them in plausible situations that would cement the false memories we implant. Another way is to establish a form of adoption program if you will. These people were of some value to one of our kind, perhaps they could be of similar use to someone else... my point is that forced loyalty through the bond goes only so far, and if you bind them for absolute loyalty you gain nothing but a mindless servant. By establishing these new policies regarding the ghouls - which i say we should term blooded and not ghoul because of the obvious derogative nature of the word ghoul - we can gain more than loyal servants." with that he fell silent, his gaze meeting hers.

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

Why in the fuck are these vampires telling me their life stories lately? I thought I asked two yes or no questions. There was really nothing about Roxie that said she was enjoying listening to a whining neonate. Oh my god did he just cry... in court?

“Are you really standing here in lecturing me on all the wrongs of our Vampiric Society? And honestly, you forgot about factoring anyone’s herd in there too, do you feel sorry for them as well?” She snapped her gum, or snapped her words, it was hard to tell if she was still acting as Rizzo toward Adrian, or if that's really the way she was. Her foot started tapping lightly on the ground; the impatient Savage was really irked she had to listen to this. “So did you come here to this Domain expecting to change everyone’s views, knowing already that this is an Invictus Domain?”

Roxie kept sizing him up behind her sunglasses. She could easily rule out a couple of possibilities to his Covenant affiliations. “Ya know, you never did mention what Clan or Covenant you’re in.” Cause if you’re a Gangrel, Dillon’s gonna have some issues. “Have you even been acknowledged?”

Of course Roxie wasn’t about to temporarily acknowledge him.

Fuck. That. Shit.

L
    Lorique

He was getting the distinct feeling that this woman was a bit of a hard ass, but it wasn't going to stop him. He was struggling with words again it seemed, and his message was being garbled by his own desire to see these reforms take place.

"I am sorry if you felt I was lecturing you, because I don't think that's what I did. I told you where I stand on some issues i feel we face, so that you may become aware of them as well and decide if you think we face any issues there. The fact that you felt I was lecturing you on things you yourself call wrong - I don't believe I called the current situation wrong - makes me think you might be inclined to agree that more could be done in this respect. I don't feel sorry for them, and I never will. Most of them are hangers on who would choose to become kindred if given the chance, hungry for power they cannot possibly understand. What I feel is more akin to a paternal concern for their wellbeing, much like a parent would feel for a child who is venturing into dangerous ground he understand better. Which is why the solutions i offered on the fate of master less ghouls is either the chance to turn back from their current path, or a new and perhaps better suited guide." he offered her a small bow and cheerful smile.

"I did not come here to chance anyones mind, but to find a place where open minded beings such as ourselves can debate the challenges that face us. We're moving into a world where we need to exert more and more control over the kine to keep hidden, perhaps we need to rethink our approach to that world. Don't misunderstand me, I feel it imperative we remain hidden to the Kine. But in order to stay hidden in a world that is under more and more scrutiny, I think it makes sense to reevaluate how we deal with those we exert our control through. The blood can only confer so much control, where as true loyalty comes through respect and mutual agreement on the rules of engagement." he glanced at the herald then, as she spoke, falling silent as he waited for her to finish.

"I didn't?" he smiled "I do apologize, I am Adrian childe of house Ventrue. I follow the idea that adaption to change is how all predators survive in nature. Darwin is often misquoted as saying 'Survival of the fittest' but in actual fact what he said was 'survival of the one who adapts to change the best'. The world is changing faster than ever before - in ways that threaten our existence - and I think we need to find ways to deal with that. In other words, I am a servant of the Carthian movement."

OOC

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

Roxie looked at her watch while he rambled. Ohhh I should have fucking guessed you were a Carthian.

Blah blah blah….

Regent Hart looks at the loquacious Ventrue critically while she chews her gum. "Ya know," she starts, "Carthians around here seem to get into a lot of trouble on account of saying a lot of things without much substance to back up all those fancy words." It wasn't a snipe from her lips, it was a fact.

She blows a big bubble and *pops* it with a sound like a gunshot that echoes across the hall. "More than one's been Blood Hunted because of it. Some just get staked to save the city the trouble." The legtastic Gangrel leaned back on her heels and crossed her arms glancing once over her sunglasses. "By the way, there is no Prefect in this city that should tell you something." Roxie had no idea why, but she at least kept up to date some shit.

Presence ••• (Feisty)
    Blood Potency •••
    Domain Status •••
    Roxie Hart

PRE

Roxie started tapping her foot furiously. If I had a cigarette right now I'd put it out in your god damn eye.

Lorique

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread