Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1202) Cassandra and Hannibal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Cassandra wanted to throw her head back and laugh at the squandered opportunity she had handed Hannibal. Instead she recovered her cool quickly and gently smiled. "Yes...yes it is a nice evening. Have you come far...are you thinking of staying long? If you are, you'll need to get yourself Acknowledged!" she advised with a bright smile. "I'm Lady Cassandra Dawes, by the way...and you are...?" she smiled again.

Returning her smile, "Honor to meet you Cassandra, my name is Hannibal, Hannibal Valentine. I've come from the north but not to far, just far enough. Any yes I was looking to stay for awhile. Any chance that you could point me in the right direction? I'm not quite sure who to talk to." He tries to crack another smile to put off a friendly vibe.

Cassandra sighed and offered an indulgent smile, "Lady Dawes, Mr Valentine...Lady Dawes, please...that's the correct...you know...title." a friendly enough smile. Having made her point she nods towards the group that includes the Prince, the Royal Archon, the Harpy and the Herald. "Those there...that guy with the Derby hat, he's His Grace, Asa Clarke, the Alder Prince of this Domain...that lady with the sword, she's the Royal Archon...the others are the Sheriff...he was pretty brave about the sword there! There's the Harpy and the Herald too...I think the Herald's also the Keeper..." she sounds unsure about that last bit. "Anyway, I wouldn't think of going over there just yet. Not unless the Prince invited you...doing that without an invite'll just get you banished to the Barrens pretty quick." she offers with a nod, as if this is vital advice. "In the meantime...while you wait...I'm sure you were about to ask me to dance." she offers another bright Hollywood smile, nodding towards the dance floor.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

t
    thejuan

Hannibal absorbs all of the information given to him. When dancing is mentioned a slight nervousness overcomes his face but he only lets it show for a second. He pushes it down and puts on a smile, "Why yes. Would you care to dance Lady Dawes?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Lady Cassandra Dawes

A smile and a playful primping of her exquisitely ordered hair, nodding to the invite. "Why, thank you, Mr Valentine, I'm sure you dance divinely." another Hollywood smile and she extends her hand and walks with pristine care to the spotlit dance floor that is observed over by the vintage camera's of Hollywood's Golden Age. Cassandra offers a brief curtsy to Hannibal before striking a brief, but very noticeable, 'hands on hips, femme fatale pose' before taking him in the posture of a waltz as they get to the dance floor. "Don't be nervous...this is Elysia! Just let your feet do the work. So...tell me a bit about yourself, Mr Valentine."
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

t
    thejuan

While dancing, "Well theres not a whole lot to me really. I travel around alot and I try not to stay in one place for too long. I've been all over the United States, Canada, and England. Whenever I get the chance I like to spend time training my skills and body." He pauses for a moment, "You know I never really wanted this life. I was forced into this, but over the years I've learned to accept it, and I must say that I really enjoy the hunt. Now that is enough about me. Tell me something about you."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Lady Cassandra Dawes

With light and adept footsteps she guides Hannibal through a dance. Enjoying herself and keeping an ear out for interesting things Hannibal might say. Her attention is called to the Herald's announcement and the promotion of the Harpy to Seneschal and the Deputy to Harpy. She pauses as the Herald begins to talk, smiling to Hannibal and nodding to the Herald, as if to signal to Hannibal he should listen.

As the announcement ends Cassandra dips a perfect curtsy to Ariana and Alice and actually applauds with similar genteel perfection.

As she brings her applause to a steady end, she turns to smile to Hannibal and ask, "All this training, Mr Valentine, is it something you'd want to show off in the competition?"

t
    thejuan

As they dance Hannibal notices Cassandra's nod and makes sure to pay attention to the announcement and decides to lightly applaud along side her. He then turns to answer her question, "As long as it is a friendly competition, I guess there wouldn't be any harm in that." He pauses and a look of excitement appears on his face. It has been awhile since he last put his skills to the test. "Exactly what sort of competition is this?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Lady Cassandra Dawes

"A talent competition!" a smile. She had talent, she knew that...and her confidence in this knowledge was evident in her smile. "The prize is Tenancy. That's actually quite a prize." a nod as she glances over to the Prince. "I think it'll be friendly enough. We're in Elysium, so it'll be friendly. Or I guess Judex Twist will put that sword to use!" she laughs. "You know. I was an actress...in Hollywood." a smile and a primp of the hair. God, how she wanted to ask if he'd seen one of her films. Cassandra takes Hannibal back into the dancing posture and leads him back to their waltz. She glances to the vintage camera equipment and the super-trouper lights that mark out the edge of dance area, then smiles to Hannibal.

t
    thejuan

"An actress in Hollywood? Now that you mention it there is something familiar about you. Maybe I've seen something you've been in. They say that that sort of stuff can rot your mind but I've never seen the harm in it." He ponders for a moment, "Well when you think about it theres not much left to rot with our kind," then lets out a hearty laugh. "So, enlighten upon me if you will, in what have you starred?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Lady Cassandra Dawes

Cassandra laughs happily and is obviously only too pleased to talk about her career. "Hollywood. Yes. Well, I was in a lot of movies in the early 1950's! In my first film I played the love interest. Innocent and young and slumming it a little bit to find the man of her dreams!" she paused for a moment. "After that it was great role in a 1930's era detective movie...the 'Detective and the Dame.' Some say it's a noir classic. I still have the dress from wardrobe from that somewhere." She paused to think for a moment, tapping her lips with a finger to indicate contemplation; "Then I was in a couple of those beach movies. They were very popular then. I'm sure you've seen the type, even Elvis had to do them! I wasn't one of the stars - but I did play major supporting character types. You know the sort: the buddy of one of the major characters. And I went from there to a kind of Romantic Drama. Oh! It was lovely! Then there was a creepy horror movie...'Bear Lake'...I heard they wanted to do a re-make of that a few years ago...and then something for the teenie bopper crowd. Poodle skirts, jeans and jackets. I got to play a role with the whole first-crush thing and racing in jalopies. It was actually sweet in some ways! Then a sword an sandal epic and a Sci-fi one with Ryan York. After we wrapped, Ryan York gave me the ray gun he used in Invaders from Venus..ah, happy days!" she smiled a genuine smile. Her eyes searched out recognition in Hannibal, hoping against hope he had seen at least one of these films.

t
    thejuan

Hannibal takes some time out of the conversation to try and remember if he had seen any of these movies. "I'm fairly certain I've seen The Detective and the Dame. I don''t really remember the particulars but I do recognize you from it." He smiles lightly and says in a friendly tone, "I'll have to look it up and some of these other films you've been in."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread