Ended
Watch
101 - 110
DISPLAYED
Four Seasons Bar

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
    K
    Kazakin

Rook raised an eyebrow very slightly at Hanna, and his tongue twitched. Fortunately, he knew the sensible way to put words around that. How much trouble would he have been in if he had still been fresh from the Hedge, barely in control of his enchanted flesh?

"Yes. I wear them because I have an eye problem,"
    he said, with quiet honesty. "Please don't draw attention to it." Because there are mortals here, and none of them need to see a man with a broken Mask. The Constable of Calefaction, and the Freehold's favourite pianist scanned the two newcomers beneath the mirrored lenses.

Hm.

"I'm Rook,"
    he introduced himself quietly. "Welcome to the Four Seasons. Is there someone in particular you're looking for Ryann, Benson?" He used first names for two reasons. One, it was simple, and two, it drew attention away from his own strange name, insofar as was possible.

Enforced honesty was a bitch.

PRE

"Of course," Rea replied to Rook. She took a sip of wine and then sat rather still, a bit uncomfortable around the swirling mass of changelings and conversation. She nodded to the newcomers and offered her name, but otherwise was content to just observe.

B
    Beej

Otto frowns a little, the new little changeling and Tally seemed to completely abandoned the conversation for the new arrivals. "Its like herding cats." He thinks to himself. Shifting, he slides back to Irea.

"Busy next week?" He asks her in a lower tone.

F
    Foolamancer

"Only somewhere to stay, Mister Rook." Benson gives the Metalflesh a little half-bow, then straightens up and glances towards Otto for a moment. "Which, apparently, I should speak to one Mister Bates about. Other than that, I need to find an employer, but that can wait until I am settled in and have somewhere to stay." For a moment, his careful, calculated smile shifts slightly, and he gives an understanding little nod towards Rook's glasses. As he does it, his head seems to click through its positions like clockwork rather than moving smoothly as a normal human's would.

"Yes, but I do have time," the Darkling replied, looking confuzed. "Why do you ask, Otto?"

B
    Beej

"Care to swing by the Y for some cardio salsa?" Otto askes specuatively. "Pretty fun, lively group. I've picked up some good moves from it."

In between gigs Heath was known to hit the sauce to relax. Since he was staying at the hotel until he got a more permanent residence, it was natural he'd migrate to the bar. He spent a lot of his time in hotels when he was moving around. But he was planning on staying in Sacramento for a while, build up his name and reputation as a stand-up comedian. The place was pretty crowded but he worked well with crowds, slipping in and keeping his eyes averted to anyone in particular, not that anyone would likely recognize him there since he was new in town. Just a habit.

He noticed the hospitality symbol on the way in, but he was never quite sure what exactly that meant, whether there was an active freehold in place or just the remnants of one. He would sometimes see evidence of the other escapees of Arcadia moving about but since he left his initial freehold he hadn't thought to join another. He was pretty focused on his career as of late. Maybe he'd find someone here to talk to.

T
    Tyler

Rolled before arrival.

Since his arrival in Sacramento, Thomas had spent a fair amount of time trying to find other Lost, though he had not made it his primary effort... and lo and behold, when he comes to the hotel to find a client, he sees Heath ducking into the bar. Perfect.

He strode after the man, weaving among the various other hotel patrons, slipping into the bar behind the man... before starting visibly, almost a deer in headlights, as the elemental seeming man took in the multitude of other Lost in the bar. His eyes grew slightly wider, breath speeding slightly before he reigned himself under control.

He ran a hand through his hair, icefilled veins standing out from his arms while snow white hair and frost blue eyes framed his discomfort. His words were somewhat breathless, the wind stolen from his lungs by elation. "It looks like I finally found the right place.."

K
    Kazakin

"Mr Bates knows just about everyone you'd want to talk to in that regard," Rook said quietly, to Benson. "There'll be an important gathering in a few weeks, make sure you come along. Get to meet people. It's the best way. You'll be able to-" Rook grimaced as his tongue clicked against his palate, trying to force out the words.

"...Show... good intentions... towards this place..."
    The word 'pledge' tried to force its way out of his throat, and he knocked back the Scotch in his glass to quell the honesty. Goddamn lies of omission. He wasn't the best person to end up on the meet and greet committee. The Constable took a breath, and noticed two more newcomers.
    Whatever I did, I don't think I deserve this.

"Something I can help you gentleman with?"
    the Metalflesh said clearly, gesturing them over to the bar.

"You read my mind, Mister," said Heath with a friendly smile as he turned to the large metal man. "I feel like Dorothy without her tinman," joking light-heartedly. He was surprised at his own relief to see a fellow changeling, but at the back of his mind he was suspicious, always that touch of fear when meeting those touched by Arcadia. At the mention of the plural form, Heath glanced around only to see the frigid-looking man behind him who had followed him in. He shivered just from looking at the guy. "Oh, didn't see you there, Jack." The wintery fellow looked more in need of a drink than himself, something to warm the blood.

Heath followed the greeter's hand towards the bar, wondering if the barstool functioned like a flytrap to catch the unwary Lost. He simply leaned against the bar for the moment. "Yeah, umm, I just came in to look for a drink and I see you've got some...interesting characters here. Are you the proprietor of this establishment?"

Page 11 of 14 First ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last
Closed Thread