Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Four Seasons (Tobias and Clare)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    m
    magiuspendragon

"Clare," Tobias called out as he rushed after her ( Cl4re ). "Hold up," He didn't want to air everything here, not with all the people around. But when he managed to get closer, he lowered his voice and spoke again. "He didn't cost you anything." He tipped his head back towards Dominyk. "Come on, let's get that glass out of your hand. I'll even spin a story for ya," He gave her a warm smile. It'd probably be tricky to calm her down, it always had been with Raffie. But the trick was to make sure, if nothing else, that she could forgive herself in the morning.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

For a sickening moment, when no familiar face materialized in the bar patrons, Clare felt a vast gulf of violent possibilities. Her Anger and fear whispering for her to hurt something, that she was cornered and alone and needed to hurt what was hurting her....

And then Strings call, and approached, and her hand throbbed as he reminded her of the damage.
    "That.... Sounds like something I could use right now. Especially getting the glass out."

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias nodded, and lead Clare over to a table. "You should be comforted by the fact that this isn't the first time I've had to pull glass out of these hands. Well, they were slightly different hands, but you get the idea. This one time, we were at a bar near Rutgers..." He set his guitar case on the table and popped it open. He rummaged inside for a moment, and then pulled out a pair of needle nose pliers.

If Clare peeks

He held out his hand for Clare's.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Must've been harder with those hands, being so tiny and all." She gives him a wavering smile, a light joke she doesn't find funny, and trust. Her injured hand slides into his plam and let's him get to work. "What were you two doing near Rutgers?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Well," said Tobias, taking Clare's hand in his. "It all started when I won this fish at a carnival." He plucked a few of the pieces of glass out of her hand as he started to tell her the story. "We'd hang out at the carnival every time it was in town, cheap entertainment ya know? And I was pretty good at darts. So we'd play that game where you have to pop the balloons right?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Yeah. So you won that and you got the Fish..." Clare raises her eyebrows, wondering how on earth that lead to glass in her hands at a bar near Rutgers. "How old were you two anyway? I mean, funky time and all, ya know?"

m
    magiuspendragon

"Summer, 2002," he said without missing a beat. He removed a few more pieces of glass. "So I was 17, Raffie was 22." He inspected her hand. A few more pieces, anything smaller would have to be cleaned out by someone who knew what they were doing a lot better than he did. "So I was taking little Chio home, when Raffie realized we were being followed." He paused, checking for her attention. "Apparently, I had pissed off some gangster's brat by winning the fish." He gave her a wry smile.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Clare double=takes at the actual ages. He was five years younger than her? And she brought him to a bar when he was a minor? Christ, her dad would have killed her for that. "Ugh. Seriously? This is why I always thought gangs were stupid..."

m
    magiuspendragon

Tobias shrugged. "Gangs are pretty stupid, but you know what it's like out there. Can't always avoid them. So there was a scuffle, bloodied the punk's nose over it. Thought it would be all over by the time we got home." He let out a small chuckle.

"I think you're hand's okay for now," he said releasing it. "I'd have it checked out for smaller particles and clean it out, but we at least got the big chunks out."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Mmh, thanks" She smiles slightly, then opens and closes her hand a few times. Sore, but... not bad. She was surprised that she missed the warmth of his hand around hers. "Did they follow you? Also, this is kinda ridiculous. I mean, it was a carnival Fish. Sell the damn thing to them if they asked for it... though that would mean missing out on a fight..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread