Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
91 - 100
DISPLAYED
Let's Get Physical...

Page 10 of 12 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last

The Gangrel smiled, a feral, bestial grin that showed that despite all the civility of his bloodline, he remained a true Savage. There weren't a lot of people fast enough to block his roundhouse, and Jim was impressed.

But he didn't stop. No, there was no letting up on the pressure, and he gave Ricardo little time to recover. The Taifa moved forward deliberately, lashing out with the kick he taught the group. He pulled it a little bit, sweeping it across behind the leg rather than snapping quite so hard in an effort to take Ricardo to the ground rather than shatter his knee. His side was still presented, and his arms were still set to block, one high, one low.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Recalling a few months back when she and Dillon went to a concert her head tilted slightly. "Mr. Connery, perhaps one day you can teach me a little jiu jitsu?" The Lordess smiled as she asked. She would probably not be good at it, but it would be worth learning some basics.
    Dillon shoots Ariana a grin, before glancing to Martha and back while the little Mekhet is busy watching the sparring. He supposes that the combat is much more interesting than answering him, but it is still funny.

"I would love to give you some lessons sometime, Ma'am,"
    he says to the Lordess, the lopsided grin still on his face. "It's actually kind of fun in the right setting. I think I mentioned before: it calls for dexterity and deception as much as, or more than, brute strength. The Gracie family used it to defeat opponents many times their size. Look up Hélio Gracie, next time you get a chance, you'll see what I mean."
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana non-verbally agreed with Martha with a nod and a grin as she glanced around at everyone displaying their qualities.

Turning back to Dillon as the Gangrel spoke, the blue eyes gently widened as offered lessons. "Yes, I would like that very much Mr. Connery." Her hand slipped up to her face and she tapped her lips a moment before continuing. "What would be the right setting for this type of thing?" She pondered the other things it called for, dexterity and deception. "That is quite intriguing about the Gracie family. Hélio Gracie." As if repeating it to cataloged it for a later date. Ariana was not necessarily petite, but most men in the Domain towered over the copper haired Ventrue. "Yes, I shall look him up at some point."

Thinking for a moment about what may be required she asked Dillon. "If we were to do this, what do you suggest I wear?" The Lordess assumed normal clothes of course, but her normal were usually skirts, with the exception of today. It was her running attire.

A
    AethrDav

AethrDav

When Drake tries to hit him with a knee Michael jumps back. Close quarters combat isn’t really his forte and he is quite glad his opponent didn’t grab him before attempting to plant his knee in his stomach. By now Michael understands that Drake is no stranger to fighting. Still the other Dragon seems to be less experienced and lacks the training the doctor underwent shortly after his Embrace.

Let’s kick it up a notch, shall we? Let’s see who’s better… Sure, I’ll get hit too, but the one who lands most hits wins.

With this thought he lowers his stance and throws two punches starting with a straight right one directed at Drake’s face and then a hook. He immediately jumps back and attempts to kick the man in the side with his left leg.
    Should any of these connect they don’t cause any actual wounds.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-03-31 08:39:58 Michael Redfill rolls 5 to land a couple of hits on Drake (Str2 + Brawl3) (10 Again) 8, 3, 7, 7, 5 1 success

OOC
    Drake's Defense

Drake pulled his head back, trying to dodge the first punch, and then tried to deflect the hook with one hand. He didn't move quick enough to block the kick, trying to get his elbow between the blow and his ribs, but was only successful in covering the point where the kick bounced off his mid-section.

Trying to counter, his right arm (that had sucked in against his ribs where he'd been kicked) rocketed out towards Michael's navel, and he took a page from his sparring partner's book and followed with a quick left hook towards his chin.
      Combo Punch
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-04-02 15:37:23 Drake rolls 1 to to spar with Redfill [Str 2 - 1(Brawl 0) - 3(Def)] (10 Again, Chance) 8 failure

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

AethrDav
    None of the Drake’s hits connect as Michael blocks them with his hands and he manages to land the on his fellow Dragon. He stops and raises a hand signifying that the spar is over. He bows to his partner before asking:

“That was quite some practice. Would you accept some advice, Mr. Drummond?”

m
    mabafu

Not far away from Dillon Connery and Ariana Donovan , while training some dirty knee blows with the innocent looking Tracy ( Jag ), José notices the mention of Hélio Gracie and his family, a proud reference for all Brazilian martial artists, despite style. Jiu-Jitsu is not his, true, but nobody seriously interested into martial arts at Brazil would let the Gracie surname to pass unnoticed.

A smile and a nod is offered to his Priscus, as a signal of approval.

Distracted by that, José chills as Tracy knee closes his precious Easter Eggs.

"Puta merda!" the unpolite Brazilian expression escapes his mouth spontaneously. José smiles to her. "That was close..."

OOC: Puta merda!

PRE

"Oops!" says Tracy, looking at hime with a "I didn't do it!" face. "You see, that's why you can't get distracted in the middle of a fight!" The petite redhead chuckles a bit and then gives the Brazilian a playful wink.

"So what got you distracted anyways?" she asks, curious as to why Jose had turned away from the exercise.

m
    mabafu

The Brazilian don't seems to be very concerned about that quite the opposite as he joins her chuckle.

"Well, Mr. Connery had just mentioned the Gracie family to Miss Donovan. A Brazilian clan of martial artists that had spread Jiu-Jitsu all over Brazil ... as well the custom Brazilian style all over the world."

A
    AethrDav

None of the Drake’s hits connect as Michael blocks them with his hands and he manages to land the on his fellow Dragon. He stops and raises a hand signifying that the spar is over. He bows to his partner before asking:

“That was quite some practice. Would you accept some advice, Mr. Drummond?”
    OOC

"Of course, I'm here to learn, and gladly accept any pointers you might have."

Drake, mostly via the Blush of Life, breathed a little heavier, imitating the exertion that a kine might've experienced in their sparring. He had been getting the feeling in his social interactions that broadening his physical abilities would be good, perhaps even essential for excelling in this Domain.

"What's the biggest critique you have for me?"

E
    Ebon Reaper

Jim's kick does indeed connect with Ricardo's knee and knocks him off balance. However, if the Mexican Lord is going to go down, he isn't going to go down alone. Instead of falling straight down, he throws all his weight directly forward in a kind of improvised tackle. His arms fly forward to meet those of his sparing partner. This was about to get messy.

Page 10 of 12 First ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last
Closed Thread