Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon returns Ariana's smile with one of his own. "It will be my pleasure, Miss Donovan." Already, he is imagining possible locals. Something fun, secluded enough to keep from being bothered, without being dangerously isolated. Dillon is a deputy, and more than willing to protect the Seneschal, and his friend, from whatever came their way. But there is no sense in asking for trouble.

Nodding in general to the sparring matches that had taken place, Dillon remarks dryly, "It seems we have many associates interested in pursuing, eh... physical education." He honestly hadn't expected such an interesting turnout or development. The evening definitely had been a success, so far.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

C
    Cross

The Taifa, giving Ricardo a final thanks for the sparring and thinking about what kind of job it was that Ricardo might need him for that would be offered right after a good fight, wet a towel and wiped his face. He obviously didn't sweat, but it was important to seem human here. Their sparring had been hard enough that a human would've been tired from it. Squirting a tiny bit of water into his mouth from the water fountain and swishing it around to keep up the facade of humanity, he looked around the room, observing everyone practicing and talking with a small, close-lipped smile.

He wondered when the capoeira demonstration would be. They'd been there for a while already, and he was starting to feel peckish. Some healing would need to be done later and that sort of thing required time to hunt.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Dillon returns Ariana's smile with one of his own. "It will be my pleasure, Miss Donovan." Already, he is imagining possible locals. Something fun, secluded enough to keep from being bothered, without being dangerously isolated. Dillon is a deputy, and more than willing to protect the Seneschal, and his friend, from whatever came their way. But there is no sense in asking for trouble.

Nodding in general to the sparring matches that had taken place, Dillon remarks dryly, "It seems we have many associates interested in pursuing, eh... physical education." He honestly hadn't expected such an interesting turnout or development. The evening definitely had been a success, so far.
    "Thank you Mr. Connery." Ariana's words sincere and grateful. Realizing long ago that she would need to learn a few more things other than what another had taught her, she was glad Dillon would be assisting.

The Lordess had also been watchful of the styles and matches that had went on that evening. She was also impressed with the amount of trust some held in others without entirely knowing them. It was indeed a true test of trust to willingly spare with someone entirely unfamiliar. "I agree, I would not have thought as many would have enjoyed such a pursuit. It is nice to see many want to further themselves." Looking around the room at one one particular, she turned back to Dillon with an intrigued smile. "The talents people possess are definitely marvelous and surprising in some cases."

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon concurs with a sort of "Mmhmm" grunt as he joins Ariana in the general viewing of the goings-on. His gaze pauses on the silent Herald, but figures Martha must be absorbed in some sort of internal analysis of the sparring and activity.

Looking back to the Lordess as she returned her gaze to him, Dillon's lopsided smirk hints at more amusement than is present in his dry tone. "Seeing all of the different techniques at play instills a passion for learning in me that borders on being greedy, I think. Any time I see someone doing something physical, and useful, that I can't, I want to add that ability to my own.

"It's kind of selfish, I suppose. But at the same time, I at least try to apply myself to goals that benefit others."
    After all, the better fighter he is, the better deputy and security he will be.

At that, the Gangrel offers a one-shouldered shrug, as though suggesting that his view may be dramatized somewhat.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

Martha Villiers

PRE

After some more training with Tracy a ring-ring comes from one of the corners of the dojo, where the Brazilian had left his decrepit cellphone. José then bows to the dirty redhead, signaling he need a break, going to answer the call. After speaking briefly in the alien language of his, José goes to Herald.

"My friends just arrived, and are waiting outside, as I've asked them. May we organize ourselves for the Capoeira time?" The Brazilian says friendly to Martha, politely suggesting her to deal with the present kindred ... "I hope everybody keeps the composure in front of them..."

José then leaves the dojo, with his broad smile on face.

After some minutes, about a dozen of guys enter the Gym. They are bearing a joyful mood, using white pants and colorful cordons. The group is composed of 4 women and 8 men.
    Some are carrying musical instruments (i.e. berimbaus, pandeiros, tambores), their body complexion suggests that they are not amateurs and play the "capoeirista" role very seriously.
    Muscular men and slim girls, they enter the dojo smiling at everyone, some saying a "hi" or "hello", others saying a little more than that with that same accent of José.

José enters the dojo with a wild curly fire colored hair girl. They were talking and laughing at each other when they step into the room.
    Those perceptive enough would notice that only her and José were using white cordons instead of colored ones.
    José speaks something to her, and the language is switched to English.

"Miss Villiers, these are the friends I'd talked about ... "

**José would then present Mestra Fogueira to Martha, saying that she's the leader of the Água de Beber Capoeira Group**
    OOC: Mestra Fogueira

After spending some time chatting with people the spectators arrange themselves at the corners of the room, the Capoeira group forms a 'roda'.

Some kind of praying is made by one of the guys (the Contra-mestre) and the Berimbau begins to sing his exotic and unique melody.
    There are a lot of Capoeira songs, each one meaning something different.

The group initially performs under the "Toque de Angola" (Angola Rhythm), in a very slow compass accompanied by something like a "war chant".

The players enter the roda in pairs. They crouch near Mestra Fogueira, who is the lead singer to whom the others follow the chant like song. After complimenting themselves, the Capoeira "dancers" begin to play in the roda. But it's nothing fast, neither looks like a fight. It's like a slow motion dance, where they crouch and do graceful movements at each other following the slow rhythm of the berimbaus.

Each one of the players, José included, perform at this part. It's like they were presenting themselves. There is no challenge among them, only joy and happiness. It lasts for some minutes without much logic or sequence. The players came and "dance" with each other, some of them repeat one or two times with different partners.

Then, after a command of Mestra Fogueira, José begins to sing with a malicious smile on his face.

The berimbaus stop to play for a moment, only the low voice of the Brazilian and the clasping hands of the other guys fueling the music.
    Then the first pair crouches near Mestra Fogueira, this time with a pandeiro in her hands. And when they tumble, yes this time they really tumble, into the roda the berimbaus begin to play.

But this time the rhythm is not slow. The cadence is fast and different from the monotonous previous one.

The "play" between the capoeiristas is also different, their movements now are hardly mistaken with a dance. It's pure martial art. Although an experienced brawler would notice that both players are avoiding to hit each other.

As the partners vary, it becomes clear who are the more experienced: those that throw their feet, elbows and knees nearest of the opponent, yet without hitting. The only allowed "hit" is a leg sweep, or other kind of movement that throws the opponent on the ground. No serious hits, are observed though.

This time not every one "plays" with each other. Some partners repeat and some capoeiristas never "invite" others to crouch near Mestra Fogueira. It's clear that among them, they understand who is winning or not, but to the unexperienced observer it's only evident when someone falls - at which moment the entire roda answers with playful mood.

Another slow motion roda is then performed. But this time only the less experienced took part of it, as if they were making a break for the most experienced to take a rest.

The berimbaus begins to play again, this time even faster then before.
    Only José who is announced as Mestre Navalha, Mestre Fogueira and two other capoeiristas took part of this roda.

Sometimes the blows reach so close of each combatant that the spectators could believe that a hit was scored. The joyful face of the capoeiristas although makes it clear that they are only "playing", no real hits were scored. By this time some dodges are acrobatic, and albeit some attempts made to throw people at the ground, nobody achieves it.

Then a silence strikes the dojo.

And the Berimbau plays an almost ritual song. Only Mestre Navalha and Mestra Fogueira joins this roda, who lasts for some minutes longer than the previous ones.

When the "game" finishes, those perceptive enough would notice that Mestra Fogueira had won, after a spinning dodge, reaching her right elbow one inch of José's jaw.

They compliment each other and then the whole roda bows to the spectators and the capoeira session ends.

Thank you all very much for contributing to the montage scene and joining the Thread! It was my intention OOC to represent IC Martha's plan to make this a regular meeting for those who wish to continue with the sharing of martial skills - trained in dojo or in the 'school of hard knocks'. I don't plan to show each and every meeting, but I hope you'll all be happy join in again when we open another snapshot of the training sessions. Thank you again.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Closed Thread