Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Bringing Order (attn: Four)

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

PRE

Joshua nods as he chews his sandwich. "Quite," he says once he's swallowed. "I've been hear nearly three years. I've seen very little positive growth in that time, and that's primarily because our people keep... fleeing." He doesn't add how he had been one of them. "Some of them come back," he says. "Most don't. We're our own biggest cause of attrition."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I think Sacramento got lucky with the latest group, we haven't had pressure of additional people arriving since... a couple weeks into November, I believe, and They've all stayed this long. They might not be permanent, but maybe the consillium will be able to take a few strides soon." Four states it optimistically, with a crooked smile the seems to add that he knows that he's talking about best-case scenarios.

"But backing up to something you mentioned: The ride-alongs? Those seem like a great idea, and I'd love the chance to have those experiences. How and where would I start with those?"

PRE

"I could arrange them for you," Joshua says. "With Moros in the Arrows, Mysterium, and Ladder, that will be easy enough to take care of. The Guardians shouldn't be too hard." It would be a cakewalk, without paranoid Henry eyeballing the idea. "And the Free Council will probably go along with it, too. I can have them get in touch with you and you can work out a schedule? I don't know what work is like for you."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"I like the second one a bit better. Just don't send everyone at once and it'll work well enough."

PRE

"Fair enough," Joshua says with a nod. "I think we'll start with Gallows? I'll give him a call and let him know what's up. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear you are... at least open, if not interested."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

The Giant thinks for a moment; Gallows was a silver ladder, and Four knowing the others already would make the offer one of the more likely ones to go through. "Lux will likely support the idea to, since I'm familiar with her. I could call her while you get Gallows?"

PRE

"Sounds good," Joshua says with a nod. "Just be sure she recognizes that it's more of an... exploratory thing, right now. We don't want anyone getting prematurely excited about a new member."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Four nods, and pulls out his phone to dial a familiar number. Doing this verbally would work best.

Lux

PRE

About 17 minutes after the phone call, Lux strolled into the River City Saloon. She wore a simple, professional looking pant suit, and after a moment of looking around she caught sight of Four and Morris and hurried over and to their table.

"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting," she said, taking a seat. "Does anyone happen to have a menu...oh, there's one...Sorry, this is my lunch break, so I hope you two don't mind if I eat while we talk...Well, now then, it's good to see you again, Mr. Morris, and you as well, Mr. Four," she continued, offering each mage a smile. "I trust you two have been well?"
    Lux; Obrimos, Silver Ladder Deacon (status currently 2), Health: Full, WP: Full, Mana: 0

PRE

Gallows stumbled in relatively shortly after Lux--his workplace was not too far, but he was still getting used to navigating around the city. Also, he had been working when he got the text. While his boss was very loose with scheduling, and had no problem with him taking an unscheduled lunch break (since the bodies 'weren't getting any deader,' to use his boss's fantastically insensitive terminology), Gallows had to be very thorough making sure everything was disinfected afterwards. You didn't bring corpse-germs to a business lunch...which is all he could assume this was.

He looked around the table--he knew all three of the mages here, obviously, but wasn't sure how they fit together. Morris and Four were both Moroi, so that made sense...but what was Lux doing here? One of these things was not like the other.

"Councilor," he said with a nod, before turning to the others. "Lux. Four. Good afternoon, everyone. Sorry if I'm late." He took a seat, taking a glance at one of the menus. "So, what exactly is going on?"

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread