Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
Out of the Market

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Stripes gets the same strange feeling again, but this time around he begins to hear the girl's voice in his head.

He's a bad man, don't let him take me! He is mean and has bad thoughts...he thinks I'm broken and wants to fix me.

The little girl grabs onto one of Stripes' legs, attempting to hide from Otto's vision.

Make him go away please, make him go away!

B
    Beej

Otto points past the woman. "Five minutes that way you hit a street, go a block and there's a mini-market. They'll most likely have a phone there. Have a nice day."

Otto turns and walks over to the Stripes and the little girl. She was pretty much was cowering. The more he was around her the more he got the feeling he was kicking a puppy. But he had sons. Sometimes you had to do things children did not like or understand because you wanted to do the right thing. Telepathy was not something humans should have and in a little girl who couldn't control her usage, she was an enscrollment waiting to happen. Terri and Rick would sort out what was up with her and hopefully take her in. They were married and had a home. An environment like that was perfect for her. People who were different also and were good people.

Otto squats down next to the kid. "Look kid. You're scared, I can see that. I'm sorry I was brusk earlier. Its just that we dont know you werent' take because of your ability and the think you do scares people like me and Stripes here because you can get into our heads. Inside our heads is a really bad place at times. I fought in a war, like in movies and theres terrible stuff I saw that I wouldn't anyone else burdoned with. The people I'm going to take you to see are pretty nice. They're going to help us figure you, how you do what you do and hopefully find a better place than a foster home. You'll like Terri, she's pretty and owns a dress store." Otto stands up again gives her his best smile. "To show I'm only a little bit of bad guy we'll pick up McDonalds on the way, my treat."

1suxx

Stripes had been a bit worried when the girl's words entered his mind. He didn't want to think that Otto was a bad guy but the child sounded so scared. Fortunately Otto spoke up before he could act on the warning, but he still took her hand in his and gave her a reassuring smile.

"If make you feel better, I stay with you till you not scared anymore," Stripes offered the girl. Make sure your safe and sound."

Stripes was confident that no one in the freehold would hurt the child, but it would probably be better to stick close and make sure.

"And if anyone does try and hurt you, I keep you safe," Stripes thought, pretty sure that the girl was still reading his mind.

The blonde girl thanks Otto one last time and then she goes on her merry way. Meanwhile, the little girl's grip on Stripes' leg tightens as the Swimmerskin comes closer. She listens to what he says, watching him with wary eyes. However, she seems to calm down a bit when Stripes holds her hand. Otto's words don't really seem to sway her much, but when the Hunterheart pipes up she offers him a shy smile and then nods.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-26 09:32:24 Little Girl rolls 6 to You aren't very convincing...you scary man! (10 Again) 7, 9, 5, 5, 2, 9 2 successes

Ok, but don't leave me alone with him, she says in Stripes' head.

"Fine, I'll come along...but don't try anything funny," she says aloud, holding tight onto the Hunterheart's hand.

"I'll stick with you, promise," Stripes thinks to the child.

Stripes nods to Otto and smiles.

"So, mentioned food?" The Autumn courtier asks.

He's not normally one to mooch, but if someone is offering then what could it hurt?

OOC

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread