Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Out of the Market

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Stripes moves over to the little girl, kneeling next to her. She had finally spoken, but what she had said didn't make a lot of sense. But that was less important than figuring out just how to get her home.

"So, talking now right?" Stripes asked, trying to get the kid's attention. "Come on, why not tell use where you're from? Got you out of cage so we could get you home, you know?"

Remind me to put dots in persuasion some time...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-21 16:21:44 Stripes rolls 1 to talk to the kid (2 Man - 1 untrained Persuasion) (10 Again) 7 failure

Stripes is trying, but it's clear that he's tired after the long day and trading away his memories. His voice sounds less endearing and more impatient and slightly frustrated. The tiger might not be able to remember what memories he gave up but like Otto he's clearly feeling the loss now that the child won't let them help her.

"I don't remember all that much...I was pretty drunk," the blonde girl says with a hint of shame in her voice. "He was pretty hot though, and said his name was Ezio...or something like that." She shudders at the thought of that evening.

The little girl looks up at Stripes. "Home may as well be a cage," she says with a certain bitterness in her tone. "I don't have a family. I live in a foster home with other orphans like me." Her eyes are still distant, as if she is thinking of something else completely.

B
    Beej

"Ezio...." Otto growls as he balls his fist. "There's nothing you could have done, even if you were sober." The Beast scowls down at the ground pondering the young woman and the little girl. No family to miss her, it was a shame. If she had been his child Kristi and he would have torn apart the island looking for her. Had his boys runaway ever? Their kids? His great grand kids ever run away?

"He's a...well he and his fucking filth kidnap people and sell them in markets like we found you in. We've been hunting him for months..save dozens of people from him a few months ago." He looks back toward the little girl. "Did the person who took you look like the man I described?" Taking the McDonalds must have really messed things up for the privateer. He could see him hitting a club to grab women, but hitting foster homes?

The blonde rolls her eyes at first, not exactly sure of what Otto meant by the comment he made. "You make it sound like I'm totally helpless," she says and then shrugs. "If this guy keeps kidnapping people, why not report him to the police?" It seems like the most logical thing to do as far as she is concerned. Who are these guys anyway? Nazi killers? Are they some superhero wannabes?

The younger girl frowns at Otto. "You shouldn't speak like that," she says and then crosses her arms in front of her chest. "I don't know what they looked like. They took me at night while I was asleep, and I remember being carried in a sack of some sort..." she lets her words trail off, not entirely happy about having to recall the event. However, her expression changes a bit as she looks up at the otter man and says, "I'm sure Kristi was nice...what happened to her?"

"Kristi?" Stripes asks, looking from the girl to Otto.

The tiger isn't familiar with the name. One of the privateer's allies? Or was it someone else? Another victim perhaps?

B
    Beej

"She.."

Otto froze. "How the hell..I didn't..." The Beast's mind went into over drive. His eyes flicked between the tiger, the little girl and the young woman and back to the little girl. "I didn't say her name out loud. There's no way she could known her name unless...." The Beast's mind spun as things flung through it and came to the only reasonable conclusion.

activates Favored Fate -1glamour

Otto could think of only two ways the girl could have known. She was like Bates and had some really powerful and strange dreaming mind shifting powers. Or she was in with the IT that he did not want to ever think about and he had no intention of being dragged back to the water nightmare ever again. Peroid.

Either way she dangerous in the extreme and not human. "How do you know that name?" Otto's voice turning cool and calm as he prepared to unleash his contracts of Spring if it tried anything.

"I heard it...you were thinking about her," says the little girl as her cheeks turn red. "I didn't mean to." She looks down at her feet, not wanting to meet Otto's eyes.

"Umm, what's going?" asks the blonde, slightly confused and concerned about the whole thing. "Is everything ok?"

You both may roll Wits+Empathy if you wish

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-22 15:01:27 Little Girl rolls 7 to I didn't mean to do it... (10 Again) 2, 8, 3, 5, 1, 6, 8 2 successes

B
    Beej

Otto keeps his on the little girl, she was not going to trick him.

4suxx emp

The Beast points to his jeep across the street. "We're going to go to my jeep. You are going to call your friend and whoever you're living with in San Diego." Otto explains to the young woman in a brisk tone. "If you have a fetch we'll take you to someone to figure out how to deal with that situation." Otto's thoughts jumped to Swilla.

The little girl just turns to Stripes, giving him a strange look, which almost appears to be one of desperation. However, she does not say anything else, but does cast a wary glance at Otto every now and then.

"Hold your horses cowboy," says the blonde in response to Otto. "I'm grateful that you guys got me out of that awful place, but come on!" She gives the otter Beast an incredulous look. "I mean, you guys looked all weird when we were back there, and now you look nothing like that," says the girl with a slight hint of hesitation in her voice. "I know nothing about you guys! And now you expect me to just get on a truck with you and tell you where my friend lives?" she asks with a certain urgency in her tone.

"And what's this whole thing about a fetch that you keep talking about?" she adds as an afterthought, giving the pair of Beasts a quizzical look.

1 sux at empathy, not bad for untrained I guess...
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-23 22:40:05 Stripes rolls 2 to what's the girl hiding? (3 wits - 1 untrained empathy) (10 Again) 8, 3 1 success

Stripes smiles and tries to look reassuring to the child. He's not sure what she might be getting at but she sounds sincere with her apology, to him at least.

On the other hand, Stripes was never very good with reading people.

Still, he pats the girl on the head gently, being very careful to keep his claws sheathed so he doesn't hurt her as Otto suggests they head for his jeep. Then the other person they rescued begins her string of questions...

Stripes lets out a frustrated sigh. They're trying to help these two and this woman is starting to get downright irritating. Stripes moves up behind her with a gleam in his eye as he feels his natural magic pulse through him.

"Look, had hard time getting you both out of cages. We're trying to help you, so least you could do is stop asking questions and just let us do that." Stripes growls, feeling glamour tinge his words and bring forth the threatening air of a predator pushed to the edge. "Just do what Otto says for now, okay?"

Spent 1 glamour on Beast gift, got 5 sux to intimidate woman into shutting up and listening to Otto
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-23 22:47:41 Stripes rolls 6 to stop asking questions, alright? (3 Pre + 2 Int + 1 glamour for Beast gift) (10 Again) 6, 6, 10, 9, 9, 10, 6, 8 5 successes

Stripes lets out a little huff at the end, just to emphasize the point. He'd like to keep a reign on his temper, but after the little girl and now the adult were being unhelpful it was beginning to try on his patience a fair bit.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread