Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Transitions and Preparations

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

It was the 15th of February and the date of the Spring meeting that would, perhaps, set the tone for the upcoming Equinox.

Juno had made arrangements to set up a private meeting area in a backroom studio after working hours. The Manticoress had saved up enough money to purchase a couple of meat, cheese and vegetable trays along with a few bags of chips and some drinks. A coffee brewing machine was set up on a table, along with some plastic and styrofoam cups.

Juno wasn't accustomed to entertaining...in fact, her social interactions were more on the few and far between side out of her own preference. Tonight, however, she was making a focused effort to make an environment suitable for productive discussion and the making of decisions that would affect the Freehold as a whole.

The body art studio was decorated in what could only be described as Industrial Chrome and Minor Goth Overtones with a musical background track of Immortal's Sons of Northern Darkness playing on the sound system. There were two eyecatching elements of the studio's features: A large bush with yellow hand-shaped fruit stood in a corner close to one of the windows, and on a wide counter there was a tall aquarium with several small moon jellyfish going about their inscrutable jelly business in it. For artistic embellishment, the walls had several display boards worth of flash designs produced by the artists on staff, as well as a few framed antique Sailor Jerry originals.

There was, however, a faint scent of disinfectant that mingled with a warm metallic smell wafting from the autoclaves which were out of sight. In short, it smelled like clean.

As each Spring Courtier arrived, Juno met them at the door with a polite greeting. She was dressed in her usual combined wardrobe of black t-shirt, this one bearing the logo for Sentenced across the front, a black pair of jeans, and a worn pair of grey Vans Cabs Pro shoes....which would make one wonder if she had any Spring-centric fashion sense at all.

As she spoke to each of her guests, there seemed to be an underlying elegance to the Manticoress's behavior, as though she was a large cat welcoming visitors to her den.

OOC

Regina walked into the studio dressed in one of her usual short gothic dresses. She folded up her black lace parasol as she took in the room, especially the unique plant in the corner. She made a mental note to check out the plant the first chance she had. For the moment though, she had other matters to attend to.

"Hello, Juno. It's good to see you again," Regina said in greeting, a soft smile on her face. "It was kind of you to hold the meeting at your workplace and to provide refreshments. Hopefully we'll get this business done quickly and painlessly."

Of course, the chances of that happening were slim to none, but she could hope, couldn't she?
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

The Four Seasons' catering van pulls up in front and Mrs. Rosemary bustles in with armloads of tupperware and grocery bags. She gives Juno a toothy smile as she looks around at the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Well, hello Juno. Where would you like me to set up the chafing dishes, my dear?"

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

"Juno!" Al-Adin envelopes the Manticoress in a chiropractic hug. "This is going to be a lot of fun!"
    He heads inside, and sees Regina and Mrs. Rosemary. "Regina! You're here!" She gets a big hug, but not nearly as strong as the one he gave Juno. "Mrs. Rosemary! You brought FOOOD!" The grin on the monkey-man's face gets far past the normal human bounds as he smiles hugely. "You are AWESOME!" She also gets a hug, and help bringing in the heavier items.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

B
    Beej

Otto walks in and gives Juno a little two finger salute. "Hey kid. I'm guessing from the hollering Al's here." he says with a smile. Walking into the back of the tattoo parlor, he moves clear of the door way to not get in the way of Al or Mrs Rosemary. The were-otter is dressed in jeans, a white t-shirt and chucks. "Hey Regina." he greets the elemental taking up station next to her.

Regina laughed and hugged Al back, finding his exuberance and joy rather catching. "And hello to you as well, Al. It's good to see you." She was still laughing when Al released her. His almost childlike personality was a rare treasure, one she hoped he never lost.

She turned to Otto, giving him a warm smile. "Hello, Otto. It's been a little while. How have you been doing?"

Otto & Regina continue here.
    [CENTER]
    Regina

Elemental | Woodblood | Spring Court
    Spring Mantle 2 (smells of blooming violets) | SL 2 | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3
    willpower5/6 | glamour 6/10 | health [][][][][][][]
    [B]Freehold ?????????

R
    Red Dragon

Giles found himself surprised by the decor and the music-it seemed like such a bizarre, somewhat ugly style to him. But, it wasn't his house and anyway, a little difference in style never hurt anyone.

Good evening, Ms. Mantiserra. And thank you for the invitation he held up a bottle of white wine I've brought my own little addition for the refreshments he said with a smile.

The Ogress lets out a little laugh and smiles at the Prince of Joy. "Thank you Al. I hope you all enjoy the snacks," she says to him as she goes out and brings more containers with food, and the chafing dishes with the Beast's help. Once her catering van has been fully unloaded of its contents, Mrs. Rosemary begins to look around for a suitable place to start setting up the banquet.

Jack appears sporting a cheerful smile despite his dirty, bloodstained suit. Carrying a bottle of red wine in each hand, he greets Juno with a kiss on her cheek as he enters.

"Thanks for hosting this. There's a lot to discuss, huh?"

"You are quite welcome, Regina. And painless is good -- I remember all too well what transpired a few years ago, when we had the abdication of King Crunk and a...difference of opinion...arose over who was to be the Sovereign. To be honest, with all of the new faces in the Freehold, such things are best allowed to fade into the background of history. Not many people are still around, at least within this Court, to remember that...situation."

Scratching thoughtfully at her goateed chin, the Manticoress worked out a mental layout of the studio....we have tables we can push together....and I think there's a table cloth we can put on them....

"I think we can push those tables together over there....and thank you very much, Mrs. Rosemary, for your help; I always look forward to seeing what you've created for the table. I hope everyone is hungry tonight. What can I do to help you set up?"

As she bustled about, the Manticoress had barely enough time to recover from Al-Adin's vigorous greeting. "And how has my wise and nimble most Princely of Thieves been keeping himself....besides hungry for Mrs. Rosemary's cuisine? Are you doing what is proper, and getting into the best sort of adventures and mischief?"

Inwardly, Juno resolved to set up an adventure, just like in days that were long past and she was relatively new to the Freehold, for her beloved Prince of Joy. Inwardly she felt a slight tug of sadness, knowing that Nightfall's absence and his status as Best Friend in Al-Adin's eyes was probably a hard thing for the Simian Sultan of Things Procured and Mischief Made to reconcile.

"Hello Otto, I am glad you could make it. Please, make yourself comfortable and enjoy the food. It would be a crime to allow Mrs. Rosemary's efforts to go to waste."

The Manticoress smiled as she greeted Gile and accepted his gift. "Thank you very much for the gift, and I am glad you were able to make it. Please, make yourself at home. You can call me Juno, if you like. What may I call you? There are so many new faces that it's a trick to keep up with the names associated with them."

Juno was taken somewhat aback by the light peck on her cheek -- how long had it been since anybody saw, or recognized who she truly was as opposed to what she looked like -- but she didn't pull away from the contact. If anything, the Manticoress seemed to be playing the role of facilitator quite well with her warm greetings and sense of organization. Perhaps she was finally weaving - and understanding - her title into something that worked for her.

She nodded in response to Dr. Jack's comment, then, "I'm hoping that things are set into place that provide what we...the Freehold...really need right now, and that is stability. Passion is one thing, to be sure, but at the same time there's a bigger picture to consider. At any rate, hopefully the choices we make tonight will be the right ones. Does that make sense?"

Juno paused for a moment, then, "I will be honest with you, because I feel that I can. Despite our differences, I wish that the circumstances were different, that Alice was still the Sovereign, and we could have been enjoying a gathering for its own sake. Politics make me....well, we all know what happened. The lesson was bitter, but I can claim to be a little bit wiser from it."

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread