Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1202) Lucia and Daymian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    N
    Noel

He laughs gently at her comment not at her but more at himself. His arm is steady as she entwines hers around his though he shutters ever so slightly as her other hand comes to rest against his shoulder but a steadying breath stops the gentle vibration. He turns to look at the profile of her face (if she looks ahead the whole time, or in her eyes if she turns her head to slightly face him) as they walk back down the red carpet to the bowls of flowers and talk.

Oh no my lady Lucia, I do not look down on your for your hesitance, you do not know anyone here I think and so such hesitance is to be expected. And I do not mind being seen with a person who shows prudence to be cautious but the fortitude to stay and not just run off into the night. He nods slightly as he speaks reafirming what he says physically all the while sounding sincere and friendly. To tell the truth my lady Lucia I arrived early so that I could try to get used to the beasts as they filed in. Plus it gave me a chance to find a place that lets me be seen and where I can hear what is going on and who people are as they greet each other all the while staying far enough in private as not to go insane from all the beasts.

His hands gesture widely to draw her attention to the room for a moment, before continuing down the carpet and towards the gathering of beasts.

The Herald Miss Villiers and the Harpy - Regent Ariana Donovan are the ones responsible for so beautiful a setting. This is my first court in this city and so have no others to judge by, but it is a most fun setting. "Movie Madness" which of course explains my costume, He smiles playfully at her again Have no fear my lady Lucia I do not dress such normally, though I wonder if perhaps you have arrived so soon as you had not heard of the theme and so did not come dressed in costume? If so then may I take it that you also have not yet been acknowledged to this city as well?.

U
    UsurpianSociety

As they drew closer to the crowd the din returned, like too many whispers echoing in her mind. Lucia called up another verse to focus on, and drown out the noise. She squinted slightly and forced herself to relax.

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

How shrewd of you Daymain. Unfortunately a full Court was not something I had expected when I woke this evening.” She followed his gesture and scanned the room. So much noise.

All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

“I heard a story where it was a blessing given to us ,the Beast, to help us recognize our own,” she paused,” others say it’s a resonance, the void where our souls used to be; sounding like an empty bottle played by the wind.” Lucia turned and met his gaze. He smiles playfully. “Maybe you should reconsider your regular clothes, this really does show off your ‘ass’-ets. But you’re correct I’ve yet to be acknowledged and am very recently arrived in town. I guess... that makes you my first; take that how you will.” She offers a sportive wink.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

What brought you to Sacramento?

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!"

N
    Noel

Ah that lends itself to be a nice philosophical conversation my lady. My beast definetly lets me know when our kind are about though my personal beast seems to fill me as if it were an entity of it's own. Though I could see where in a philosophical sense you could look at what my beast fills could be the hollow void that my soul used to reside.

His smile turns sly and playful with a little hint of naughtiness which fit perfectly with his costume as they speak and stroll slowly down the carpet. Well then my lady if I am your first I shall endeavor to be gentle. He breathed the last, quiet and intimate his eyes sparkling with the smile. He held the gaze long enough to show his interest but not so long as to make it creepy. I welcome you to the city my lady though I can not do so officially as only the Prince or in his stead the Herald can do that. I came here to get away from my family in L.A. As they get close to the bowls of roses he subtly points out both the Prince and the Herald as he mentions them. He then shifts so his back is towards the prince and the group but so that she can look at the group comfortably while still being able to look upon him. He takes up a white rose and then looks like he is deciding where to place the adornment.

The Princes name is Asa Clarke, "Your Grace" seems to be a safe way to address him and I was warned that "My Prince" was not a way to address him unless you wish to be banished or staked. Another very important rule to remember is that you don't approach the Prince unless he calls you to. And when he does, it is wise to do so quickly He laughs quietly at the last. His herald is Miss Villiers the young looking woman with the prosthetic leg. Though it would be wise not to underestimate her because of her looks or physical handicap. Even is she isn't personally strong which I doubt she is well loved by many in the city. I have also been told that this is an Invictus controlled city so manners are looked upon highly here, which is why I talk as if I were in some old world court scene while I'm here.

He looks thoughtful for a second gazing upon you, white rose still between his fingers. That reminds me my lady, may I know what family and covenant you call your own? I could point out the people you may find much more informative to your life here than myself. His smile is friendly. Not that I am trying to get rid of you my lady. His hand with the rose slowly, almost absently sliding the rose gently along the skin of her arms, shoulders, neck as if waiting for some direction from her where she would like it but in a very sexy way. As to my 'ass'ets this costume will be tame compared to future nights at work if I get the position I have heard may be opening soon. he laughs again, a little more deeply than before. Closer to his normal laugh. Though your own beauty outshines me like the sun to the moon, I am but a pale comparison.

U
    UsurpianSociety

She chuckled at his retort. “You’re quick Mr. Daymain and not only on your feet.”She nodded, barely, marked Prince Asa Clarke and took note of Herald Villiers. The way the petals tickled brought her back and helped quite the noise. Lucia reached and gently took the white rose from Daymain.

I’m Ventrue, or the Lord’s clan; Blue Blood if you prefer our sobriquet.” She reached for another white rose from the bowl. With the view he gave her of the Prince and Herald, Lucia took a fugitive glance or two at the party as she fixed the rose she’d taken in his lapel . “There...at the moment I enjoy studying some of the writings of the Ordo Dracul, now how dapper is that. But if you want to brandish cloying words...” She touched his, not un-handsome face, and spoke softly:

On desperate seas long wont to roam,
    Thy hyacinth hair, thy classic face,
    Thy Naiad airs …

She laughed to herself and smiled pleasantly taking his arm again.

Fair is fair, is it not? Tell me something of yourself,” Lucia said and waited for him to lead the way.

N
    Noel

His body shutters as her hand rests upon his face and he closes his eyes, lets out a soft sigh while gently rubbing his cheek against her hand. Ah the Ventrue, I know so little of your family my lady. Then after she removes her hand and places the flower Daymian turns his torso this way and that playfully posing to show her the rose she had applied in different aspects though it is subtle enough that it wouldn't draw undue attention. Then his smile turns wicked.

Fair? I don't think I ever alluded to the fact that I was fair my lady. His smile turns friendly again and he laughs. Hmm, something about myself....Well my lady you may call me Daymian, there is no need for Mr. unless we are being formal. I never liked the title myself, always made me feel old for some reason. And I don't mind telling you that I enjoy my Poe such as you have quoted, though I don't count myself a learned man I do enjoy study, reading, research, as well as more physical endeavors. With that last his smile gives her the impression he knows her darkest desires and may be able to fill them then the look is brushed away, back to a friendly laugh and smile.

Speaking of physical things that may interest you, that lady there in the group with the Prince *subtly points out Ariana Donovan* The woman dressed as Johnny Cash's wife. That is Ariana Donovan the Ventrue Priscus, court harpy, and one of the designers I mentioned earlier for this court. He smiles and directs Lucia's attention another way after he is sure she has seen her future Priscus to a man dressed in a grungy costume. And that is Max Heinz the newly appointed Grand Wyrm of your local covenant.

After pointing out all the people she really should meet his free hand covered hers gently. He smiles and leans just a little closer so his words could be soft and heard. His fingers gently glided over the skin of her hand as he spoke. I held her close, our warmth … Co-host; it drove the cold beyond the coast. Oh tears appear, just can’t repel, emotions true… our guards diffuse. Wrapped up in two; like lovers do… Could see my dreams are coming true, we slowly fade away with grace… Into the darkened night we sway.

U
    UsurpianSociety

Ah, I suppose that was my fault. I assumed ...” she said with a practiced smile, “and we know what that makes you and me.” She followed his lead as they walked.

This walk down the red carpet of theirs had turned into more of a dance as they walked and he pointed out Kindred. He would angle them just right to give her a clear view. A slight turn this way with a nod in that direction or a shift that way aimed her gaze dexterously. Lucia marked the Ventrue Priscus Ariana Donovan in her mind and took note of Max Heinz, Grand Wyrm. “I wonder if he knows Andre Heinz...small world.” she said, more to herself than anything.

His breath tickled her ear. Lucia gave him a look from the corner of her eyes and smiled.

I’m afraid I don’t understand... and afraid I do.

N
    Noel

Daymian leads them to his spot next to the pillar across from the bowls or roses where they are partially protected from view by some of the low hanging streamers of fabric but where with little effort they can see anyone in the room and are close enough to most parties to have an easy distance to cross if someone wanted to speak to them. He turns his head towards his companion once they are settle and looks at her with a friendly sincere smile and questioning eyes. What was it you assumed my lady?

His looks soften a bit. And what my lady are you afraid you don't understand... or afraid you do? I hope you have not mistaken my playfulness as anything but friendliness and flirting it was intended as, meaning this isn't a job of mine to bring in new people. I have been trying to ease you from all this *he gestures to the room of beasts*be helpful and show you people with whom you will most likely want to meet tonight as I do not know if Miss Villiers will have here charts and presentation to go through here. And hopefully gain a new companion for our long sometimes lonely lifetime. If you are upset because I did not tell you my family and covenant after you have told me yours, I can. I just thought something a little more personal at the time would have been friendly in getting to know each other. I asked for your clan and covenant to show you who will be important for both of those parts of your life as well as information about you of course. He smile is still friendly and sincere.

If it makes you more comfortable to know these things about me then know that I am Daeva and that the Covenant I have chosen to be my path is that of the Circle. He continues to watch her, and hold her to see if he has made amends.

U
    UsurpianSociety

A pity, you seem brighter than to end back where you started.” she said with a teasing smile. She smells the white rose she had been holding. Still used to breathing, even when it was not needful, it was almost reflexive. “Your alluding words, I didn’t quite follow, but I’ve heard your family can be quiet... what’s the word; charming, when you want to be. I’m the new girl, remember? I’m not sure I want the scarlet A on my chest just yet.

She looked at Daymain for a moment and wrinkled her brow as if in thought.

Don’t applogize,” she said with a mischievous look in her eyes, “nothing wrong with a quick turn of phrase or two in polite conversation. Goddess help us if we were all pleasantries and etiquette; we’d be all ‘Art and no matter.’”

Fuck,” she whispered, “what I’d give for a cigarette!” The din was ebbing back to the forefront of her mind again. She tired to blink away the haze it made her feel and tried to focus. “Lonely is a good euphemism for our nights.” She tilted her head slightly and looked at Daymain calmly.

You never did say what brought you to Sacramento.

N
    Noel

Ah my lady but I am not as bright as perhaps you thought I was. His smile is playful as well, He deftly takes the rose from her hands traces it quickly but gently under her chin before expertly weaving it into her hair (yes one handed) so that it accented her face and was not loose or hidden. He seems to have had his hands in womens hair before. Ah charming...yes I think that could sum up my family mostly. But I do remember that I am your "first" as you put it and I did say I would be gentle. So perhaps we can find a better place for that scarlet letter then here tonight my lady though I am happy you utterd the words "yet" at the end of that sentence. His laugh is gentle and as mischievous his smile.

And I do try to have some substance to my art. As she comments about the cigarette he laughs and what seems like out of thin air he produces not a cigarette but a wrapped stick of gum with his free hand while the arm holding her caresses her side (no where private) but somewhere that may be sensitive enough to help her focus on something other then the Din of the beasts she had started to slip into. As his fingers slipped along her side his own beast tried to strain to feel it. But he pushed it back, he couldn't lose himself to it. He needed to stay in control, he was more than death and sex. This thought backed by his fortitude pushed the beast back into the shadowed woods. His fingers continued to brush her arm, and hand that she still had wrapped around his. It seemed he needed the physical touch to help him as well as her.

Lonely is how I have felt since I was reborn, and so I assume that it only continues to grow if we do not fight it as these couples seem to be. His hands move sweeping wide to encompass the room so she noticed all the red roses that were displayed.

My reasons for leaving L.A. are many and mostly selfish I'm afraid. I wished to be my own and so left my creator as I did not want to be like her which I surely would if I continued to stay within her domain. Though I did not want to completely leave California. I do so miss the beach and ocean, the midnight swims....he trails off his eyes gaze somewhere far away for a moment then he is back. Why did you come to Sacramento Lucia? The use of her name without the playful my lady might keep her attention and know that he was interested in the answer. Also I have gleaned from other dragons that you seek to not remove the "gift" we all live with but to overcome it's weaknesses. A mighty goal indeed. Is this the same goal you wish to attain? Or is there some other reason you chase the dragon?

U
    UsurpianSociety

I was kidnapped,” she said plainly with a wink and continued dryly with a shrug, “though really my Embrace, being kidnapped from Life as I like to call it, seems far worse in comparison than coming here.” Her voice had ceased being light and now seemed only derisive.

She looked at the stick of gum amusingly and arched an eyebrow; then giggled.

Joshing! I’m only joshing.” she said smiling and still giggling.
       Fib
    Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-16 19:07:43 Lucia Marcel rolls 5 to fibs to hide views sub4+1 spec (10 Again) 8, 5, 10, 8, 6, 10, 8 5 successes

Reborn? Yeah you pagans would look at it that way.” She shrugged, “Everyone has to start somewhere, no?” and gestured with open palms. “Chase the Dragon...my you’ve got good hearing Daymain, maybe a little too good. For my own part I think, it’s a noble purpose to strive for self betterment. What soul doesn’t identify with the seeker and untested hero, who exploration and growth yield a King.” Lucia made a waving gesture, like waving away a fly. “But enough philosophy...do I think one day I’ll be something more than I am...I would hope so. Wouldn’t you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.