Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Yes; oratory tends to lend itself to other situations." Jennifer agreed.

"No, I shall not, Mr. Tyler." The Notary replied to his question simply; not elaborating.

As the baliff made her announcement; she half turned. "It seems the competition will be musically inclined. Quite a few competitors... as I would expect; for the right of tenancy."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

M
    MrBrightside

Tyler smiles at her short response, but doesn't dwell on it. He understood wanting to say little to an outsider. "Tenancy is a major asset to possess. It certainly provides the opportunity to set down roots. Are you one to speculate on a winner?" His smile is more friendly than before. "Personally, I hope that Mr. Calloway and the Deputy win, but I know nothing of their talents."

Are you a betting woman, Madam Notary?

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Tenancy certainly is a major asset..." Jennifer agreed with a nod; glancing over the contestants. "Yet one risks embarrassment on such a stage if one fails... I admire the contestants for their pluck."

"Truly?" She gave Tyler a crafty eye. "You back the Deputy; whom I only just described to you? Very curious. I wonder if you had some more information before you questioned me." She said coyly.

"Very naughty of you; Mr. Archer. Of Mr. Calloway; you know nothing of his talents? How would you describe him?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

M
    MrBrightside

"Not at all Madam Notary." Tyler shrugs. "As for my knowledge of Mr. Calloway there isn't much to say. He is an older beast with scarcely held ambition. Not that there is anything wrong with that. He seems tactful enough and genuine in his commitment to the domain, but to be honest, I don't know him as well as I should. He is Carthian and an advancement of one of us is an advancement for all." Tyler tries not to sound condescending of the man, more cautiously hopeful than anything.

"Those I've asked about the Carthian Movement skirt the question, not wanting to insult the Movement. I know courtesy is a priority in an Invictus domain, but if previous Carthians were fools, I'd much rather hear it than to be unaware of a stigma I am fighting against." He straightens his tie. "Hopefully Mr. Calloway and I can avoid whatever mistakes our predecessors made and overcome any ill will old Carthians stirred up. Winning tenancy would be a wonderful first step for us." The explanation was a bit more serious than intended and certainly more long winded, but Tyler felt it was necessary.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

What a Carthian notion. Jennifer mused as she surveyed Mr. Archer. "You wish for direct honesty; Mr. Archer? Have you found the former Prefect elusive on the subject?"

She was being direct on this point mostly because of her curiosity with the Deputy's choice of Covenant.

"I won't be shy about how I see the prospect of the Carthians odds of success; Mr. Archer. Several Carthians have tried to make a go of the Movement. One defected to another ... more stable establishment. One was banished. A few seemed to become disenchanted with the notion."

She regarded the newcomer; curious how he's respond.

M
    MrBrightside

"No one has told me who the former Prefect is. I think a bit of me assumed that he probably got run out of town." Tyler's tone is only half a joke. "Who is the former Prefect Madam Notary? Please tell me he isn't the Carthian who was banished." There is legitimate concern in his voice.

Inside, Tyler tries to wrack his brain for anything Jim or the Herald had said, but nothing seems to come to mind.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"No, he hasn't fled the city as far as I know. Far from it." Jennifer smiles; her ruined voice waning as she nods to a man across the room. "Deputy Rayner is the former Prefect; Mr. Archer."

M
    MrBrightside

That bit of information caught Tyler unprepared. "The deputy? Really? That is good news I believe." At least one person hadn't been ruined by Carthian involvement or forced to leave as a result of it. "I've only had brief interactions with the Deputy. He is assigned to the Seneschal for protection isn't he? He greeted me when I went to her office."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer simply nodded; noncommittal on if it was good news or not. The fortunes of the Movement did little to brighten her mood; especially if they were good fortunes.

"Indeed; he is charged with Seneschal Donovan's security detail." Jennifer did affirm. "Perhaps you should speak with him, Mr. Archer. I would be delighted to make introductions."

Mr. Archer had stated that he'd met with the Deputy; but obviously the introduction was subpar; to neglect the Deputy's former position.
    She began to move politely through the crowd, circling around conversing Kindred as she led the way to Deputy Rayner Lance Rayner .

The brunnette paused on the deputy's peripheral for a moment; allowing time for his gaze to move to her. She wasn't fond of sneaking up on people guarding her sponsor.

"Deputy Rayner; may I introduce you to Mr. Tyler Archer; of the Blood of the Rose; of the Carthian Movement?" She spoke; moving to a conversational district. "Mr. Archer, I have the honor of introducing Deputy Rayner; of the Blood of the Rose; former Prefect of the Movement."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread