DISPLAYED
(1202) Tracy, John, and Max

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Michael nods:

"Yes, I have imagined so. If I can say so, Madame Twist's proficiency with a blade is almost... disturbing."

He thinks for a moment just what to answer to the Grand Wyrm's question and decides to go with the truth.

"Well, everything went fairly smoothly. Miss Villiers and Mr. Connery helped a lot. I've settled in the communal area. The location is not great, but the place does have some protection against intruders..."

After hesitating a little, the doctor adds:

"I have some problems with money which I'm trying to deal with right now. Me and some Kine colleagues back in NY are applying for a research grant. But I wouldn't want to bother you with the details."

He makes another small pause and then continues:

"I have heard that you are teaching at the local university, Mr. Heinz. Might it be possible to secure an interview for me? I would be glad to do something for you in return. I think that that would be the perfect way to keep my academic skills sharp and earn something in the process."

His smile is alittle uncomfortable now as Michael doesn't like asking people for favors. Still the asking itself isn't the problem, it's the unreasonable price that many Kindred expect for their help.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

Oh, believe me, the sword isn't necessary. I believe the Archon is merely using it for decorative purposes... *Max says with a slight smile.

He nods as Michael talks about money, it seems even eternal life didn't solve all of life's problems.* I wish the best of luck to you; funding of any type is hard to find in this economy...

*He begins to answer when Michael mentions his work at the university, Max stopping his walk and turning to look his fellow Dragon in the eye.* And just who told you where I was teaching, Supplicant Redfill? *Max had thought he had manged to keep his mortal identity below most Kindred's attention. He was interested to hear just who had noticed...*

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael is a little startled of the question, he thought it was more or less common knowledge, otherwise the Harpy shouldn't have let it slip. Still, he quickly wipes the look of surprise off his face and answers.

"Madame Donovan mentioned it to me during our meeting regarding some Domain business. I'm sorry for asking you this here if that is supposed to be a secret."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

Did she? *Max answers, a bemused smile crossing his lips. He can only shake his head, quickly returning to his usual friendly demeanor.*

I'm afraid Harpy Donovan has given me too much importance. I'm merely a visiting fellow at the University; it's more of a consulting job than anything. There are a few names I could put you in contact with, but I'm afraid I'm in no position to guarantee anything... *It wasn't that Max was dismissing his fellow Dragon, he simply did not want to promise more than he could deliver.*

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Hearing the Herald's announcement, Michael remarks:

"It seems that we will now need to refer to Madame Donovan as Senechal Donoval. That station should fit her well, she struck me as being extremely effective and involved when I met her."

After the Grand Wyrm expresses his concern about his usefullness in getting him to work in the university, Michael nods and replies with a smile:

"Thank you, that would be excellent. Of course, I didn't expect you to get me a job. And I was hoping to be a consultant and a visiting professor too. Our lifestyle isn't really compatible with normal curriculum."

He hands Max his card and says:

"Just in case you didn't have my number. I would be very grateful if you could get me an interview. I am actually hoping to somewhat reintegrate myself into the academic network. Having access to the unpublished work of Kine researchers can be most helpful..."

Pausing a little, he adds:

"I've never had the chance to ask: what area of academic or occult knowledge do you specialize in, Grand Wyrm?.." - his voice trails off a little as he considers something and then the doctor continues:

"Excuse me for taking up this much time. I assume you would like to watch the upcoming talent show together with your date and not some guy in a cheap black suit with a weird haircut. Perhaps we should continue this some time later?" - Michael certainly doesn't want to offend the leader of Dragons by demanding his attention while the man would rather be somewhere else.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max pauses in the conversation as he notices Martha break away from her group and call for everyone's attention. If the tiny Mekhet wanted to make an announcement in the middle of Court, something must be afoot.

He nods as the new positions are announced, unable to hold back a slight smile to Ariana as she's given the position of Seneshal. Whatever was hidden behind that smile fades just as quickly as it does, Max giving the new Harpy a bow of the head. Alice had reminded Max of Victoria in some ways; only time would tell how many of those echos the two female Kindred shared.

The idea of a talent show intrigued Max; the thin Mekhet pondering entering himself for a few moments. Though, he doubted the city's Kindred would find one of his lectures as entertaining as his students...

As Max turns back to Michael, he raises a curious eyebrow at the man's use of titles. He hoped for the Gangrel's sake he always remembered to call Ariana "Harpy" or "Regent" and not simply "Madam"...*

She does seem to thrive in those sorts of positions; I'm sure she will have nothing but success as the new Seneshal. It's nice to have one again...

*Max nods as he takes the man's business card, putting it into one of the many pockets that were scattered around his denim outfit.* As I said, I will do my best to put you in contact with the appropriate people. Hopefully one of them will be able to aid you with what you seek.

*He can only smile as Michael's question of his interest, placing a finger to the side of his nose and winking. Some things were best discussed in private.

Max fails to fully stifle a chuckle at the mention of watching the talent show, the thin Mekhet shaking his head slightly.* I'm not sure how much Ms Burns will enjoy the show; but I suppose we'll simply have to wait and see who performs...

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael takes a long look towards the people signing up for the contest before continuing talking:

"I wonder how the position of Senechal can be vacant for any length of time. His Majesty must be quite busy as it is."

He takes the hint at Max's reaction to mentioning academic interests.

"Well, if you don't have anything against it, we can discuss it later, when you might have the time, Grand Wyrm. Right now I'm simply waiting for the competetion to start. This promises to be fascinating, I'm happy that His Majesty prefers such entertainment to more... violent forms."

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max raises a curious eyebrow as Michael talks about the Seneschal position, suddenly turning serious again.* The simple fact is there was no need for a Seneschal. Then Harpy Donovan and Herald Villiers took care of that position's responsibilities quite well. I think tonight's announcement of Madam Donovan as Seneschal was not so much a promotion as simply granting her the respect that comes with the title, officially...

*Max had hoped to impress on the newer Dragons the respect and loyalty the Prince's rule and those of the Royal Court deserved from the Order and it's members. It was something he was going to address at their next meeting, and a lesson he intended to beat into their skulls if he had to. He wasn't about to let the favorable position the Order enjoyed within the city be compromised. He'd seen too many new arrivals to the city stumble with the Powers That Be, better to leave such embarrassments to the Carthians...

Once he was certain his point was made, Max's usual smile returns; the thin Mekhet nodding his head to Michael.* I'll leave you to your observations then, it should be an interesting show... *He wonders what his fellow Dragon would have made from the Regency competition that was held some time ago. But perhaps that was a tale better told in private.*

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

Michael takes a bow and replies:

"Thank you for your time, Grand Wyrm. I look forward to discussing our academic interests in the near future."

Michael returns to the general thread

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread