Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Auspex 1 (Unflinching Eye)
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

City : 2
    Ordo: 3
    Mekhet: 1

PRE

When Max and Tracy approached him, John almost jumped when he felt Tracy's beast.

Ain't being a Neonate fun!

John thinks to himself.

He then puts on a smile.

"No need to worry about that, luckily for us Mr. Chaplin was also in some talkies. How are you two, manage to escape detention to be here? "
    *Max offers a slight chuckle at John's ( John Mclean ) joke, shaking his head slightly.* You'll have to ask Claire here, she was the mastermind of our Great Escape... *He answers, motioning to Tracy ( Jag ) . He wasn't sure if the two Kindred had met, deciding to do introductions just in case.*

Mr Mclean, allow me to introduce Ms Tracy Burns; Ms Burns, Mr Mclean. Ms Burns has expressed interest in joining our little social club; I thought tonight might present the perfect opportunity to introduce her to some of our members to give her a better impression of it. *He forgoes the use of titles; he didn't want to refer to John as a Slave in Court, and Tracy had none to speak of.*

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John smiles and offers his hand to Tracy,

"Great to meet you Tracy, and glad to hear your interested,I'm pretty new to the Ordo myself, so unfortunately I can't really tell you much when it comes to how we work. But, I can definitely tell you the kindred in our chapter are some of the best kindred you could ever meet."

He says with sincerity. With the Ordo in Sacramento he didn't feel like had to be as closed up and guarded as he had to around some other kindred. They all seemed to be like minded in the idea the there is something much better than the kindred condition and they wanted to have it. John liked that, it was an ideal that was less selfish than the reasoning for some who join the Carthians.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

PRE

Tracy chuckles at Max's words, glad that he seems to be enjoying himself. "The mastermind? Me?" she asks teasingly. "I would never..." she lets her words trail off as she laughs again.

The petite Gangrel extends her hand to meet John's handshake. "A pleasure to meet you Mr. Mclean," she says to the Daeva with a genuine smile. "I have no doubts about that," she says in response to John's words about the local Ordo being the best Kindred around, and shoots a quick glance at Max, giving him a little wink.

"Mr. Heinz has been really good to me, and of course Herald Villiers is one of the nicest Kindred I've ever met," says Tracy in support to the Daeva's point.

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max raises a curious eyebrow at John's glowing endorsement of the Order. Either he was ecstatic to have joined, or the newest Dragon was just a tad over-enthusiastic. Either way, time would help calm the excitement in his blood. Or would it?

As the talk turns to Martha, Max turns his head to regard the tiny Herald. Time certainly hadn't mellowed her enthusiasm. He notes she is speaking with the Prince, Judex, and many other high ranking member of the domain. He offers the group a respectful bow of the head, just in case anyone happened to glance over at the small group of Dragons.

Personally, he was quite happy to be where he was; that many powerful Kindred in a small area struck Max as a pack of sharks, with no cage to protect you.

He turns his attention back to the conversation at hand, nodding to Mclean.* Tell me, how are your studies with Herald Villier's progressing, Mr Mclean?

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

John shrugs slightly at this, Part of him felt that his lessons with Martha was sort of a private matter. However he didn't see much harm in letting the Former Sheriff know what he had learned so far.

"Unfortunately I have not learned anything really in depth yet, just how our titles work and a little about how the chain of command works in our club. Nothing really beyond that just yet. The Herald and I have not exactly decided on a curriculum yet, so at the moment it's a little up in the air."

He says with some cheerfully, but is not very specific as to not give to much away.

Slowly and inexorably Chase Ankers walks towards the group with the lady Miss Quince in tow beside him. It was not long ago that Chase had met with Max and John at their covenant's meeting place. As such it was a pleasure to see them again. Upon reaching their presence Chase bows from the waist as a sign of respect as well as giving attention to his arrival. The Lord wished to be keen on such graces and pleasantries to give their Beasts time to settle as he was sure Miss Quince had never met with these gentlemen before. The lady in their company, however, Chase had not met before, and her unfamiliar figure impressed upon him a fierce strength that rattled his composure to its limits as the fear flared up in him. He reminded himself to relax as they were in good company in a safe place and such meetings were natural to occur. But put into practice this never seemed to get easier.

After a moment he would smile and speak to Max, "My apologies if I'm interrupting, Grand Wyrm. I thought I should take this opportunity to congratulate you in person in your appointment as head of our order. It is a fine thing and most deserving." He would pause, glancing to the others present to gauge their reaction before continuing. "And, if you'll permit me, I have another agenda at work, to present to you, sir, a newcomer and practiced Dragon, the beautiful Adona Quince." Chase made a motion with his hand in his presentation, though it was obvious who he meant.

He kept his polite smile plastered to his pale features as he allowed Max to say his greetings and make similar introductions of the lady beside him.

Adona tries to take the time of the slow walk to compose herself. Yes, she was thrilled to finally be meeting her fellow Dragons. She was even more excited to know she would meet the head of the Ordo here. However, putting this into practice was a terrifying experience. She does not have a weak Beast, at least not as far as she is concerned, but testing herself against so many others in such a short time can make one weary. She clenches her jaw tightly as they approach the other kindred and firmly gathers control of the snarling cages animal within her. When, at last, she gains control of her fight or flight responses, she is able to smile and gracefully drop herself into a curtsey once introduced to the Grand Wyrm.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Grand Wyrm. I am Adona Quince, Dedicated Scribe of Hunger. My apologies for not seeking you out earlier. I have just recently arrived and spoken to Herald Villiers to obtain my Acknowledgement and then I was informed of Court. I hope this evening finds you well and in good health, Sir."
    If we shadows have offended
    Think but this, and all is mended......

PRE

Tracy listens to the exchange between Max and John. She is about to ask a question when suddenly her beast riles up as two unknown Kindred approach. It urges her to destroy the weaker one, and it lets out a low growl at the other one, wanting to establish its dominance over its rival. The Gangrel takes a moment to compose herself, and offers both of them a friendly smile. However, she remains quiet, leaving Max to do any introductions.

Huh? Dedicated Scribe of Hunger? What's that supposed to mean anyway?

Maximilion "Max" Heinz

Maximilian "Max" Heinz
    Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation 2
    Presence 3 (Nonchalant)

PRE

*Max nods at John's answer, it was a lot of information to take in at once and there was a reason even after over a century of experience with the Dragons Max had not learned all it's secrets. He's about to remark on his confidence in John and Martha when a new pair of Beasts draw closer. One he knew, but the second was new to him. His own Beast reacts with an annoyed grunt, these little ones were not worth it's effort to rage against it's owner's control.

He turns to address the two new Kindred, returning Chase's bow with a deep nod of the head.* Not at all, Supplicant Ankers; I was simply checking on how Mr Mclean was progressing in his studies, and introducing Ms Burns to some of our fellow Dragons. *His head shifts ever so slightly to each Kindred as he speaks of them, but keeps his eyes on Chase and Adona.

He raises a curious eyebrow as Chase introduces the beautiful young woman, bowing his head to her in response to the curtsy.* Another new member? At this rate, we're going to need a larger Chapter House... *Max muses to no one in particular. The casual tone and slight smile makes it clear he wasn't adverse to the idea.*

Good evening Scribe Quince, I'm Maximilian Heinz; Scribe of the Untamed Hunger. Always a pleasure to meet a fellow student of the Impaler's teachings... *He lets his gaze linger on the woman for just a moment longer than the introduction takes; Max might not be the Lady's Man some in the domain were, but he could appreciate beauty as well as any man.

Turning back to the other two Kindred, he begins to make proper introductions.* This is Mr Mclean, our newest member; currently under the tutelage of Herald Viliers. And this... *Max turns to Tracy, drawing her just a inch closer to him to let the smaller Gangrel know he hadn't forgotten her comforting presence.* is Ms Burns. She has expressed interest in our group; I can only hope we've made a positive impression so far... *He turns his attention to Tracy for just a moment, giving her a teasing wink before returning his attention back to the other Kindred.

Max hoped there would be enough room at Court for everyone, tonight was quickly turning into an impromptu Covenant meeting...*

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

The beast was very jumpy tonight as more and more older kindred began to surround him.

Am I really the youngest Kindred in court?

He thought to himself.

He nods at the two new comers,

"Hello Mr. Ankers, and it's wonderful to meet you miss. Quince, it's good to see more Dragons around."

He extends a hand to Adona for her to shake.

I wish I could say the same about the Carthians.

John still had some guilt over switching from the Movement to the Ordo, he believed strongly in what the Carthians stood for, and he would love to see them grow and become an legitimate organization in the domain. Not just a bunch of disorganized want-to-bes dreaming of power rather than equality.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread