41 - 50
DISPLAYED
Thyrsus Meeting at the Nature Preserve

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus gives his lover a soft peck on the cheek before glancing over the other three. The decision wasn't a surprising one, nor one that he could find fault with.

His gaze lingers especially long on Kite, wondering at the other's reactions throughout the meeting. After the degree of self-control he'd shown, did he really expect to be handed any position of importance? Eyes narrow just a bit at the extended staring. Gently, he slips out from under Triquetra to step in front of her protectively, cutting off Kite's line of sight. "Some of us take such behavior to be a sign of challenge. I'd be a bit more careful, in your shoes, of the messages I'm sending."

Animus’s aggressive stance does elicit a reaction from Kite, but perhaps not the one intended. Kite seems to be more perplexed, more concerned. He looks back and forth at the different members of the meeting, blinking rapidly as if intently thinking. Finally, after careful consideration - thinking long and hard - he finally speaks.

“Please,” he waves to Animus, visibly indicating that he is not questioning his, or anyone’s, authority, “I am not intending to challenge anyone. I am confused though.” Kite pauses a moment to consider how to put words to his question.

Kite closes his eyes, straightens up, and starts to put words to his dilemma “Just for the record… or, whatever counts as the official record here in these woods...” he starts. “First, I fall asleep – and I am sorry about that – and a complete stranger comes up and tickles me.”

Kite turns to Alfar with a perplexed look. “Just to say it out loud, in my personal opinion, that’s… strongly inappropriate. For the record, it made me feel extremely… shall we say, ‘uncomfortable.’”

Kite then turns to Triquetra, “Then, the current Councilor acts officially to take the complete stranger that tickled the unconscious man in front of her, and promote him to Provost, a position of authority that will probably lead to the Councillorship eventually…”

Kite then turns to Animus, “…in front of the city’s Heirarch, who sees absolutely nothing wrong with the actions, words, or deeds of any of the involved parties.”

“I…” Kite struggles with discomfort as he tried to find the most diplomatic language possible, “…I… just want to know for certain that my assessment of… the events here…” he says, struggling with finding the right language, “is accurate.”

As he looks from side to side, in turn to the other Thyrsus, Kite’s look of mixed curiosity and concern seems to grow ever more palpable. It isn’t from any question regarding status or authority, but rather from the growing realization that he might be the only one seeing the elephant in the room.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

There were many things he could say, many possible replies to the other's tirade.

But the words were secondary to the actions.

"If you're finished dissecting others' actions, perhaps you'd care to explain why attempting to Scrutinize one's Councilor falls within your standards of acceptable behavior."

L

From her position behind Animus, Triquetra eyes the frisbee briefly. That could be fun, if they could find a large enough clearing. Maybe they'd even be able to get to know each other a bit more or bond or something. She should've thought of that. But she was probably getting ahead of herself thinking about those things right now.

She rises up onto her tiptoes to peer over Animus's shoulder at Kite, being short could be a little inconvenient at times. But it's not like other Mages seemed to judge her based off her height all that often...or like she couldn't make herself much bigger with a touch of Life magic. "A Provost, or eventual Councilor, who's a little mischievous doesn't worry me as much as one that doesn't seem to care about potential threats to the Consilium."

Idun

PRE

Idun watches from her seat upon the ground as Kite seems to find it surreal about the events that lead to Alfar becoming Provost. She does zip up her pack while keeping the frisbee out along with her bottle of water. She does turn to Triquetra at the mention of potential threats. She then glances over to Alfar and then at Kite, wondering which of them will speak next.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar watches and listens as Kite antagonizes Animus and Triquetra and then states the concerns he should have rather kept to himself. When the man is finished, he sighs:

"Kite, once again, I'm sorry for the coffee. But if I hadn't woken you, someone else would, and I'm not sure that the results would have been different. Besides, although we are not Enchanters, we are not Warlocks either. What's with being that uncomfortable with being tickled by a complete stranger? Ease up a little." - he pauses for a second.

"As far as I understand your main complain about me becoming a Provost is that I tickled you when I should have gently roused you from your sleep." - a half-ironic smile appears on his face - "I'm afraid that this is nowhere near a valid reason to question your Councillor. I promise that I won't make tickling the primary method of carrying out my duty, Kite. I'm a little too old for such antics, I may be considered crazy."

He wants to add something, but decides to keep it to himself.

And although I don't find my actions inappropriate, your behaviour, on the other hand, has been nothing but terrible during the last few minutes.

At this point the smile disappears and he assumes a serious expression:

"Although I appreciate critical thinking and voicing of opinions, you should stop this now. I'm willing to make you an offer you shouldn't refuse." - Alfar extends a hand with his card towards Kite.

"Let's meet later. We can sit somewhere, take a drink or two and you can decide for yourself whether you should respect me in this position or not."

Having said all that he wanted, Alfar turns to Idun with a smile:

"Yes, some running and throwing would be great. No speed enhancing magic, just our pure natural abilities?" - he steals a quick glance towards Animus, thinking that, if magic were to be allowed, a man of his build will probably be able to throw the disk at some poor bloke a couple hundred yards away.

Kite didn’t respond immediately to Animus, but instead just stood there perplexed, trying to figure out what to say. His expression projected the sense that he didn’t understand the question. He was still in the process of thinking on this response when first Triquetra, then Alfar said their peace. Alfar’s comment that he should ‘not be that uncomfortable being tickled by a complete stranger’ did cause Kite to wince a bit, but he otherwise showed no reaction. He looked at both of them as they finished, and thought for a short while before he finally responded.

“Alfar…” he started, making certain to enunciate every word for emphasis, “…strangers do not tickle each other. Ever. The fact that you suggest otherwise makes me question your judgment… among other things.”

Kite then turned to Triquetra, his face still bearing a slight visage of curiosity and concern “I accept your decision of course,” he reluctantly admits, “however, please understand I have…” Kite sighs and pauses for a second, as his mind searches for the right word, “…reservations.”

Kite then turned towards Animus. “It doesn’t take any willworking to sense that you think I crossed a line.” Kite says firmly. “I stand by everything I said. If you feel that it deserves censure and some sort of consequence, I’m ready to accept it.” he says standing firm, steeling himself for the Hierarch’s ultimate judgment.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar simply shrugs his shoulders at Kite's attitude and words. God knows, he tried to help the man salvage the impression he must have made on other Shamans, although he didn't really have to. Having understood that Kite doesn't even notice anything he says, Alfar remains silent, waiting for the Hierarch and the Councillor to respond. He would much rather be making an appointment to discuss his duties with Triquetra than listening to someone's insecurities.

His gaze wanders towards Idun and the frisbee wondering just how far she could throw it. And the fact that Kite is limping and won't be able to participate makes him feel somewhat relieved.

Idun

PRE

Kite... You really should know better, particularly after what happened during the Council Meeting... Idun thinks while looking towards Animus, it's clear that this isn't going to end well for Kite. She can't help but feel a bit worried about how Animus will put Kite into his place. She does glance slightly towards Triquetra, wondering if she'll do anything before gazing back at Animus. Well, here's hoping it'll be a quick lesson instead of a long, drawn out one.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Subtle animal qualities creep into the Hierarch's movements, and his voice takes on a distinct growl. Whatever sort of answer he'd been expecting, this wasn't it.

"You can start by answering the fucking question."

He never was one for long speeches.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread