Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Thyrsus Meeting at the Nature Preserve

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Idun

PRE

Idun does have a few questions, most of which were about who's who of the Council and who's in which Cabal. Might not be a bad idea to ask about any extra laws. She mentally admits as she pipes in, "I wouldn't mind an overview of who is on the Council and about Cabals in the city. I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes by going through their territory."

Kite sits down on his newspaper, propping himself against a tree. Though he is asking no questions, he does seem to be listening intently. He also seems to be carefully rationing his coffee, as though he is concerned about remaining awake despite his sleep-deprived state...

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus flashes his lover a faux pout. "Then all those inspired dances ... was I simply imagining them?"

Fortunately, he's quickly saved from the effort of trying to hold a straight face by Alfar, and quickly returns the man's handshake. "Sure, I can introduce you to him." Not that his own relationship with the man wasn't ... strained, but broadcasting that wouldn't be good for anyone.

At Idun's question, he sighs inwardly. And apparently that was about as long as his anonymity was going to last. Still, didn't mean he wasn't going to let Triquetra field it.

L

Triquetra bends down to plant a quick kiss on his cheek, "Well, we dance more than other mages." She throws in and idle pirouette as she straightens, perhaps for emphasis. Or perhaps just because she liked to dance.

"Well, let's see. I'm on the Council, of course. I think you can get your own opinion of me here. The Moros Councilor is Joshua, an Arrow. Really inventive, dependable, sensible. I'm in a Cabl, Renaescentia," it had taken her forever to get that name down, "With me and Animus. the Obrimos Councilor is a Libertine called Rosh...I still don't know what to make of him." She glances towards Animus, "But isn't this his second term, session, whatever it's called?"

"The Mastigos and and Catnhus are actually electing new Councilors right now. Oh, and the Hierarch's Animus, of course."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar carefully memorises the names of the councillors, but at the mention of the fact that Animus is the Hierarch he archs a brow.

Really? A Shaman and a Hierarch? That must surely suck considering how uninterested our kind normally is in politics.

And then a question pops into his head. A question he should have asked way earlier.

"And I'd like to know what is the situation with Seers and Banishers here. Considering the strong presence of Arrows here the situation can be either quite good for us, or horrible with the Pentacle having to keep a military presence in order to stay alive."

L

"Well, there was a cabal of Banishers..."

She has to suppress a shiver as she recalls that memory. Her first real fight; the air filled with water, acid, blood, and magic. A harrowing, terrifying, experience that she still sometimes thought she was lucky to have made it through. Luckily they'd had plenty of Life magic on hand. "But they were taken care of. Haven't seen any more."

"There are a few Seers popping up, I think. But we don't really know much about them. They haven't seemed to make a concerted effort against the Consilium yet, at least."

The silence that surrounds the meeting is suddenly interrupted by what seems like a heavy sigh, and then another. Leaning against the tree, it appears that Kite has inadvertently fallen asleep, his heavy breathing only occasionally interrupted by what seems to be a very light snore.

Kite mumbles something under his breath and suddenly shifts position, probably to something more comfortable. It is fascinating to watch, as his acrobatics somehow manage to not disturb either his cane leaning against the tree, nor his coffee standing upright immediately beside him.

Out of Character:

Idun

PRE

Idun isn't that surprised by the Animus' title and ranking within the city. After all, she had been at the council meeting. "I take it you don't particularly enjoy flashing the title around, do you, Animus?" She states calmly as she looks at the man.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quick shake of the head. "It gets in the way, more than anything. It has little to do with who I am, so I don't want it to be what people focus on." A weak flicker of a smile. "Besides, our group tends to have enough trouble fitting in as it is."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Alfar notices that Kite has fallen asleep during the brief pause following Triquetra's words. He's no Acanthus, but he simply cannot let such an opportunity slip by: he makes a wild motion towards Kite with his hands and then puts a finger to his lips, imploring everyone to stay quiet.

The doctor rummages in his pockets for a while looking for something, finally pulling out a long white feather. Dealing with spirits makes you carry all sorts of junk around... A feather is a part of the animal world and is quite light...

But now it isn't a symbol of his connection to the animal world or the spirit world. Now it is going to be something else. With a wide grin he whispers a few words in Atlantean coaxing the spirit inside the feather to rouse and make it more effective, to help him with something. With what? With tickling, of course! The magic settles in and the feather becomes... eager somehow.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-22 00:26:19 Alfar rolls 7 to Coaxing the Spirit (Gno3 + Spi2 + HS2) (10 Again) 3, 3, 4, 8, 10, 7, 6, 8 3 successes

He then quietly steps closer to Kite and tickles him under the nose. That should teach him to sleep more before coming to meetings. Alfar is prepared to catch the man in case his leg is hurt badly enough for him to fall when startled.

Date Action Roll Result
    2012-02-22 00:31:30 Alfar rolls 11 to tickling Kite (Dex2+Med4+Equip2+Coaxing the Spirit 3) (10 Again) 7, 10, 7, 10, 9, 10, 9, 7, 2, 3, 3, 7, 5, 10, 10, 2 7 successes

OOC

Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread