Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1202) Eternal Winter

Page 5 of 43 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
    K
    Kazakin

"You know me, Sam, I'm always up for performing a piece. Thanks," Rook replied amicably, and raised his Scotch, with a little nod. He saw more Changelings trickling in, and that was always a good thing- the Freehold seemed to be growing, even in the coldest of seasons.

Summer's favourite (and only) chesspiece glanced along the bar to the Predator, and he smiled at the corner of his mouth, remembering his own halloween costume from the past autumn. One of the few times he'd been able to risk going out in a place so public and lacking in the protection of other Changelings. No one would have questioned his shuttered metal eyes except as a part of his costume.

"Yours is better. It was annoying finding one that fit under the sunglasses," the Constable said, with a short laugh. "Eyeholes aren't really my thing."

Danny grinned at the girl, a little nervously. It seemed like he was becoming a magnet for attractive women lately, and that always put him slightly on edge. It made him think of the Caverns, and the inhumanly beautiful face of the Queen, and the bracelet he'd forged to lock her to the throne.

Had she broken it yet? Was she looking for him?

"Hey... and thank you very much. I made it myself. I like yours, though. Very bright," the Smith said proudly, holding out one multi-jointed hand to shake. That seemed the most friendly gesture he could think of.

In practice, it was sort of awkward.

"There's so many interesting things on offer, aren't there?"
    "Ahh, you are a craftsman then?" asks the redhead as she extends her hand to meet the Wizened's. As their hands touch, Danny can feel a faint feeling of warmth radiating from the woman's soft skin. "It is a truly exquisite design." She offers him another friendly smile, which causes his pulse to rise slightly.

She looks down at the auction table again, quickly skimming over some of the items being offered. "That there is," she says and then turns her attention back to Danny. "Anything that catches your interest?"

Danny and the redhead girl continue here

K
    Kazakin

Danny's jaw dropped a little bit behind the mask at the warmth of Katie's skin and the sudden jump in his pulse.

Yep. Women just weren't leaving him alone right now. It must be the cancer patient chic that was doing it. Or maybe they just really liked tall, bald and pale.

"Y-yeah, the Parkour lessons look fun... and the ice skating. I'd love to be a bit fitter, and I'm already pretty quick, so those would be interesting and Terri and Queen Katrin seemed very nice," the Smith responded, and then realised he'd said all of that as one sentence.

It was probably a slightly better response to the one he'd given Regina... but not by much.

"Um. Was there anything you were looking at?"

B
    Beej

"Well Katie's information for one." Otto replies with a sly smile. "Secrets tend to be worth more than their weight gold and easier to carry."

"Perhaps I can guess what you might like miss." He said looking over the table. "A sword for Summer, an obvious choice." Otto says, tapping the nose of his mask. "Your dress and mask are stunning, which means you have a taste and eye for the finer things...." Otto muses out loud, gestures down the table. "Lot 8 perhaps? Some lovely and functional goodie? Or you're like me and like to know that you'll win? Ducan's coin? Something to turn the tide and heads?"

The girl chuckles a bit, noticing the Wizened appears to be slightly uneasy in her presence. "Those do sound like they would be interesting, and a good amount of fun too," she says to him with a smile. "Besides, giving you the opportunity to spend some quality time with the Queen." She gives him a little wink and then laughs.

"Yes, I actually put in a couple of bids," she says in response to Danny's question. "The 'personal security' services by the one called Smudge sound useful, and I'm also interested in the tatoo work by Juno." She runs a hand through her fiery red hair and adds, "I even have a design in mind in case I win that one."

One of the guests, wearing traditional Chinese garments and an elaborate dragon mask approaches the auction table. He looks over some of the items being offered and some of the bids that have already been placed. He takes note of the Wizened ( Magnus Wight ) wearing the meager excuse for a mask, and a smirk forms on the corner of his lips.

"Interesting choice for a mask," he says while he continues looking through the auction items.

Man's Attire & Mask

Magnus turns an icy glare on the man, and perhaps the air temperature drops an additional degree, or perhaps that's just the impression the glare imposes. "Yes."

The man seems to ignore the glare, perhaps because he is still focused on the list of items being auctioned. However, he turns to face the Wizened once he hears the brief response. "A man of few words!" he says with a smirk that is barely visible under the mask.

As the man takes a step closer to Magnus in order to engage him in further conversation, he seems to loom over the Wizened, but not in a threatening manner. "If I may be so bold to ask, have you found any items that interest you?"

Dominyk Prise

PRE

“I doubt a novelist's talent would be of any interest or value to this crowd. And I don’t believe many here would be in dire need of someone to organize their library.” he said after a moment. “But perhaps my word smithing skills could come in hand with poetry...or perhaps seduction.”

Or perhaps flirting lessons. Though... perhaps I should leave my offer at words for now.

“Oh, a name change, fine I accept, James does have a nice ring to it, and you, my lady, are gracious to bestow it upon me.” he said touching his mask in deference. He looked around the room, which was slowly filling with other masked ladies and gentlemen.

“Perhaps, Lady Orchid, we should make our bids, and return from this secret retreat to join the rest of the courts this fine Eternal Winters’ Ball. Although I wish to request at least one dance from you this evening, if you would so allow.” He flourished a hand between the table, the others, and to her again.

Page 5 of 43 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread