Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1202) Chase Meets Daymian

Ah, so polite, his smile is disarming, so genuine in his eagerness to please. Chase considers Daymian with careful observation, his eyes dimly hidden beneath the black sunglasses. Who does this remind me of...

"Oh the title is only a formality. This is, after all, an Invictus Court, as I'm sure our miniature marvel, Madam Villiers, has informed you." Flicking his hand in a relaxed wave as if to sweep the thought away. "It actually means very little, only that I am a follower of the Ordo Dracul. But I am pleased to meet you, Daymian, as pleased as I am to know your Acknowledgment went smoothly. So you are an Acolyte of the Crone, are you? Quite interesting. To answer your question though, I am freelance though I intend to start my own business soon. As for other interests there are some, of course. But the Crone, their numbers seem to swell. For what reason has the Goddess called you to Sacramento?"

He question was not meant to be satirical, though he held no belief in the proverbial Crone. His smiled subtly, a smirk that was meant to be friendly. He decided it would be rude to continue the conversation with his sunglasses in place so he removed them, placing them in his pocket and revealing his deep blue eyes.

N
    Noel

Daymian was used to the usual disbelieving view of his chosen spiritual path as it had been when he was mortal and so he moved past such things and concentrated on things that both parties would be interested in. His smile never faltered as he was interested in other peoples points of view afterall.

Well I like to think I made the choice in coming here though I did not know that the circle was growing in this city. He looked around interestedly wondering who in the throng might be a fellow follower or even a fellow Succubus. But was drawn back quickly as he partner in conversation took off his glasses. Daymian smiled all the more now that he could see Mr. Ankers face fully. His own hazel eyes fairly gleamed as he warmed up to the party atmosphere. So is court usually this lively or did I happen to come at the right time? Because this idea was simply to fun to miss, though I have to admit that it was hard coming up with an idea and putting it together in just a few days. He laughs and finding an outfit David Bowe wore for the movie that did not include skin tight crushed velvet pants or tights. He looked around one more time, then back to his partner in conversation. I also seem to have chosen one of the more outlandish costumes, though I am happy to see Darth Vader and the Ice Queen from Narnia having joined us I do not stick out quite so much. His smile is happy and a bit relieved. With my lack of knowledge of this court I was a little worried I may have gone a little to far in colorfulness. I also thought that there would have been a greater range of characters being displayed than I have seen so far. Maybe my ideas for Errol Flynn or Basil Rathbone would have been fine, though worrisome for the decorators if a known swashbuckler were to enter the room with all this hanging to swing on. He laughed lightly at the thought.

Chase's gaze follows his company's as he surveys the new characters that join the parade of cinematic kindred. He secretly wonders if any arrivals dare pander to the irony of dressing as Bela Lugosi's Dracula or Robert Pattinson's Edward. The idea is laughable, though his humor only exists in that small smirk plastered on his expression.

"You've come at an excellent time, Daymian, as I've not known the Court to be so festive. I believe there was quite the bash at the Christmas and New Years parties but I did not attend due to family business." Another laughable notion, albeit discomforting. "I will have to compliment Madam Villiers and Madam Donovan on their excellent job of organizing the event. You know I'm actually very fond of movies. Terry Gilliam, Tarantino, Polanski, the cinematic language has always appealed to me, the visual storytelling a fascinating medium."

"But do not worry yourself so, Daymian, your costume is a fine one, the villain of a fairy tale story, the evil supernatural king preying on witless women. Actually," he says as he looks about once more, "we have quite a few villains here tonight." He noted Vadar, Batty, and the Phantom. "Seems it is in our nature to be devils even in disguise. And the ladies all princesses to be our victims, I wonder. Where will the hero emerge?"

N
    Noel

I must admit that growing up I was not able to visit the movies as much as I would have liked but then I guess that may be why it held such reverence in my mind. However now that I have found a city to stay and a haven to call my own I could rectify my lack of knowledge on the subject. I admit that I only know of Tarantino in the list of three directors you gave me. He looks around noticing the same themes as Mr. Ankers pointed it out. I however did see a bit of the romantic in Why the character I have chosen to portray tonight did what he did in the story. That naive young woman learned much and was strengthened in the end because of him and what he did for her. Daymian laughs jovially. Where indeed. As I chose not to go with Errol Flynn as Robin Hood or another of his heroes. I guess I would have been the lone hero tonight what a scary prospect for any hero. Though I wonder if the beast is part of an instinctual reason we pick aggressive if not evil characters.

Chase cannot help but get caught up in his mirth and laughs along with him. "Ah, what a sight that would be, the hunter emerging among all these beasts. But you make a keen observation, Daymian. The villain often has more of a role than the audience realizes. What would any hero be without that nefarious source of conflict, the natural tendency of human nature, the monster within. Why, the villain is merely the reflection of dark elements, and is so deeper and more real than the rest of the fantasy. A villain is the only real character in the scenario, the rest are idealists confined to a narrow perspective, a limited role. But filmmakers are also aware of this and so often break out of the box with antiheroes and empathetic antagonists. We are meant to love the villain as much as hate him."

Caught up in his tirade he catches himself and puts a hand to his head, "Ah, my apologies, I ramble. In any case, I am more curious about you, sir. If you feel comfortable speaking on such things to a stranger such as I, please indulge my curiosity. Why Sacramento of all places? For myself, I admit, it was where my mortal existence came into being, though I've only returned recently, after my Embrace, from Boston where I received my schooling."

N
    Noel

Agreed, I often pulled for the villain during movies as well as books simply because with out them there would be no story. Nothing to compare the hero to so that we can see the contrasts that liken us to both the hero and villain. He nods his head in agreement and his hands move as he speaks.

Ah, and waxing philosophic is a fun way to learn about each other. But I see you are much more direct. Daymian smiles happily. I can do direct. I was not wishing to stay in my creators domain, which was in L.A., Sacramento really wasn't that far away and I had heard some good things about it that piqued my interest even though I am not Invictus or of the predominate clans here so would have more ease coming in and being able to build myself up without politicking as much within clan and covenant. There is of course that am wishing to increase my own knowledge of many things and I have found that a large city would be the best chance at finding those who hold what I seek. I also love California though I do miss the ocean so I wanted to stay a while longer, besides I hadn't really had the chance to visit Northern California when I was alive. And while San Francisco was a choice I really had no interest. Perhaps I will make a trip to visit one night.

How about you Mr. Ankers? You came to stay here instead of staying in Boston because you were born here? Does that mean you have family here, I would think that could cause issues and make life a little harder. Though you could watch your family grow and spread throughout time, which I guess could be a happy thing too. and you've already told me you were of the Ordo Dracul I don't really know much about your covenant. Is that not the same as Herald Villiers? Do you both share the same clan as well

Daymian's response surprises Chase. The mention of the Ocean, the need to expose oneself and absorb the world through experiences. How alike they were, strange.

"Ah, you are as apt at cutting to the quick as with dodging questions. Touche. It is true that my family has a great deal to do with my return. And as for complications there are no end to them that I can yet see. Yet that cannot detour me from The Golden State. And the Ocean is also a love of mine as well." Chase is a little hesitant to continue along this train of thought and diverges along another route. "I must say your demeanor strikes me as rather learned. You would do well within our covenant. We, of the Ordo Dracul, are seekers of knowledge and evolution of the vampire condition. Through tried and true practices we attempt to overcome the disabilities that limit our growth into complete beings. Or so I've witnessed anyways. I've only made some headway into the Covenant's teachings. But I am young, like you, still much to see and experience." He grins a charming smile, gleaming beneath pale lips. This was nice. This non-threatening conversation, nothing to gain or reason to manipulate, just idle friendly chatter.

"The esteemed Herald is indeed of our order, though we are more or less led by a Grand Wyrm, that gentleman over yonder." He gestures with a nod towards Max Heinz, clad in grungy attire that made him seem less impressive than Chase was used to seeing him. After all he only had one woman on his arm this time.

N
    Noel

Daymian looks to where Chase gestures. Ah, Mr. Heinz. It's good to put a face to a name. And yes that philosphy you espouse for your covenant would fit with what the Herald Villiers had spoken of as an interest. I am open to different philosophies but tend to go with what just feels right. With the mention of the ocean pictures of midnight swims and surfing filled his mind. He could all but smell the salty water and feel it around him for a moment. It had been too long, perhaps a dip in the river while not the same was still nice. He did that often enough when he had been camping in the mountains. His eyes would lose focus for a moment and a reminiscing smile would take to his lips. Well the river I'm told is a nice to place to visit, it's not the ocean certainly but still I'll have to visit there to see it for myself. I wonder though, if the beast rules all so much that we couldn't have a movie marathon amongst the neonates as a form of meet and greet without so much pressure for social correctness. He smiles at the idea. What movies would you select for such an activity Mr. Ankers? Or would you think each person would want to pick one then someone set up a theme? Or would it be a bad idea to bring that many beasts together without the supervision? He laughs at the idea of vampires eating popcorn smothered in blood and booing or cheering at movies and having a good time. Something to give them a break from their nightly grind. Perhaps set up a projector from a laptop and a large white sheet as the screen? It could be done anywhere like for instance near the river? Or something more akin to the selection that time, such a spooky abandoned building for horror movies, out in nature for nature traveling movies, that sort of thing.

"Ah, you must forgive me," Chase says, slightly overcome with a strange emotion. "You so easily blend the things that I hold so dear. Screening films surrounded by wilderness using the convenience of technology? It's almost surreal as I imagine it. Certainly a creative imagination you have, sir. Your ideas I like. I once had similar thoughts when I first arrived. I attempted to organize an urban spelunking venture at the Old Governor's Mansion that fell through from the distractions of those same family matters I mentioned. I may yet try again, though not for a time. Other things have my focus." He could tell he was speaking too plainly now, too honestly. He didn't mean to concern the man with his own burdens. He felt a need to part ways for the moment. He had met the man and that had been enough. Strange he should like him so easily, but that was neither here nor there, he had others to meet with this evening and there was never as much time as he needed.

"Well I don't mean to take up too much of your time," though likely more concerned with how he spent his own time. "But for a newcomer such as yourself the Court is a great opportunity to familiarize oneself with its participants. It was a pleasure meeting you, Daymian and I welcome you again to the Domain. Perhaps we'll have a chance to speak further. If not, you have my card." Chase allowed the gentleman his response before he bent at the waist in a respectful bow to return to the growing crowd of Court.

N
    Noel

Of course, of course Mr. Ankers. I tend to see ways to balance things people hold dear so that they may truly find peace. I applaud you for trying though sir, I'm glad there are others who would foster good relations amongst us. And do not fret, life is always changing and can be quite chaotic but with perseverance can help us succeed if not at first then later. It was a pleasure to meet you as well Mr. Ankers I wish you a fruitful and pleasant evening. Daymian returns the bow a little saddened as had thought they were making some headway in something that would prove fun. But there may be other occasions to talk to Mr. Ankers and maybe in those times he could just call him chase and speak plainly without all the well to do court speak. His smile was friendly as Mr. Ankers walked away.

Closed Thread