Ended
Watch
201 - 210
DISPLAYED
Motel No-Tell

Page 21 of 25 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
    S
    Selena

Vorigan face palmed while Garth spoke. “For fuck sake, we’re on a phone.” Vorigan snapped at Garth. “You two need to take care of the bloke. The woman as well.” There was a noise and a pause, he was probably writing. “Coreson will be attended to once you call and tell me this is over.” He didn’t hang up, but didn’t say anything else waiting for confirmation.

Fuck my requiem.

S
    Selena

“So what you’re telling me is you’re a fanger with morals?” The hunter was seriously confused. And by seriously, he was silent for several minutes. There was contemplation hanging on his face and his eyes moved back and forth between Trask and well, the entire basement. His breather were slowing down and it was possible that some anger was released.

His head shook and his eyes opened while his head flicked back in realization. “Yeah, I’m still alive. Mind the nasty slash on my arm.”

“So what are you gonna do with me?” Jacob said with very opened eyes. He also realized he didn’t have the upper hand at all and the monster before him, could turn on him any minute. Like a dog.

C
    Cross

Trask's eye peered into the hunter, and he said, "I'm telling you that judging a group by the actions of one is a great way to miss out on the truth of people." He smiled slightly.

At the hunter's question, Larkin thought for a moment, then sighed. "Well, Jacob... there are two options. And I'm going to give you the choice. The fact is, you know about us. You can't know about us."

"The first is, you can fight, and you can try to leave with your knowledge of our kind. I'll let you pick up your stake, and we'll duel to the death. I don't think that makes sense for you, nor does it make sense for me. There's a much better alternative."

"The alternative is, I can have my friend come down. He has talents. Talents that allow him to modify memories, absolutely painlessly. We can fix all of this for you, and change what you remember. Your hand? A puncture when you accidentally cut yourself on a knife in the dishwasher. Your wife, she could have passed away in a car accident. Your friend in the truck? Simply left town to go for a job in Europe or wherever. Your happy days together will be what you'll remember. No vampires. No violence. You won't have had to kill anybody, and while you'll grieve your wife... you can move on with your life."

"No more vampires. No more evil everywhere. Just a normal guy, living a normal life, like none of this ever happened."

Trask's eye locked on the hunter. He prayed the man would pick the second option, because a duel between this wounded human and the cycloptic swashbuckler wouldn't last five seconds.

"Understood." Geeze, it's not like anyone's bothered to hand out a book of codes on what to use over the phone if you are a vampire. Garth couldn't help but think as he says that one word. And I'm just tired of being the guy who phones these things in. Sor~ry for being direct and blunt instead of dancing around the subject.

With the call ended, he glances over at the man before heading out of the room. Along the way, he wonders how to tell Larkin to kill the Hunter and that they need to kill the Doll. His Beast howls at the thought of finally being able to get a drink. He fast walks all the way to the basement, doing his best not to lick his lips at the through of that fresh, warm blood in his mouth. He checks to be sure he put his phone back into his pocket as he reaches the office.

S
    Selena

Vorigan let the call disconnect.

Downstairs, Jacob was contemplating what one-eyed-jack was saying. “Well look at me, I can’t fight you.” Gesturing with his wounded arm. “So really, I have no choice do I? It’s die at your hands… which really at this point doesn’t make a lick of difference to me.”

And then he paused and looked to Trask. “So what is this thing your buddy can do? Professional hypnotist or what?”

He shook his head and looked at the ground. “Yeah, I’d like to be done with this shit, for good.”

C
    Cross

Trask nodded and said, "Honestly, man, I don't want to kill you either." The blood was distracting, but Trask kept it together despite the screams of his Beast for him to drain the wounded hunter dry.

When the hunter asked him what Richard could do, the piratical Mekhet simply smiled and said, "Something like that. When he's done, you'll forget all about us and this and things will be a lot better. We'll make sure you get home and get treated and everything will be fine."

Garth takes the stairs two at a time. "Our..." He glances over to the hunter and continues after a slight pause, "Contact says, I quote, 'You two need to take care of the bloke. The woman as well.'"

"So, how do you want to go about taking care of him and the Doll?" The Gangrel asks. He did wonder what they should do with the bodies... Although, he didn't say to kill them but surely it's implied, right? Might want to take my que from Larkin, just so I can't be held accountable if we weren't suppose to kill them.

C
    Cross

Trask turned his head as Garth came down running. His voice calm, he said, "Not to worry." It was more for the human's benefit than Garth's. "Would you kindly go get Richard and the girl? Our friend here has consented to a memory modification, so it should be fairly straightforward. We'll have him change out anything pertaining to our kind, as well as this man's wife's passing at the hands of the ashed one upstairs, and let these two go home. They've gone through enough."

His tone was polite, but direct. He would not have this situation going sideways now.

Garth shrugs at the statement, his Beast roars at this, causing him a minor headache. Grinding his teeth, he pushes back against it. Sure, it would have been nice to get a bite to eat out of this but he decided to follow Larkin's example.

Finally, he turns his back and heads up the stairs, heading back to where the Doll is as well as Richard. Hopefully, they are still in that room. He thinks as he leaves the basement behind.

S
    Selena

Jacob watched the exchange between the two guys. He was confused as all hell but his eyes widened when he heard what the instruction was.

“Uhh. This isn’t some sort of rouse is it?” He said tentatively as he watched the other guy head back up. “How do I know I can trust you?” One guy said one thing, another says my contact told me too. Jacob clearly was unsure of the situation now.

When Garth got back to the room where Richard was, the woman was sleeping on the bed again and Richard was cleaning up the mess of ash in the room.

Page 21 of 25 First ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last
Closed Thread