1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Powerups

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Caleb has brought them to his house so that he can get them branded. It'll give them a much needed power boost, and really connect them to the whole spirit thing. Plus, they will get some much needed power boost.

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

Christian, as usual, had no idea what was going to happen next. Caleb had talked about 'Branding', and Christian, who had never gotten any tattoos or piercings beyond the hole in his leg (which had left a nasty looking scar the shape and size of a silver dollar), was understandably nervous about the whole thing.

He sniffed the air for, he didn't know, a burning brazier or incense or something.

"How is this going to work, exactly?" Casey asked, looking around the house. He would have liked to ask more directly if it was going to hurt, remembering his encounter with the pain spirit but he didn't want it to look like he was afraid.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Well. here's whats going to happen. I'm going to shift into Dalu form, and then I'm going to draw a ritual pattern on your skin, demonstrating that you" he points to casey "are a honorable and just man, and that you" he points to christian, "are a cunning and smart man. I'm not going to break the skin, it won't hurt. After that, lunes, those spirits that are allies of Luna, the spirit who likes us, are going to come down, and I'm going to tell them of how awesome you guys are. They will accept my statements, and bless you with the renown. And then, they will summon spirits to bless you with Gifts. Those are the cool little things that let me know people's names and straighten bent objects with a touch."

"There is however, something you should know about the process. When you learn the gift, its not like learning to ride a bicycle. The spirit basically reaches into your spirit side and re-organizes a small portion of it, so that you can do what the spirit does. It sounds unsettling, but its not as bad as it sounds, i promise."

The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

"Honorable and just?" That wasn't how he'd describe how his first change went "You might be better off talking about me helping Christian."

spoiler

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

"Wait we get powers?" This was so much like swinging around blindfolded, hoping to hit the Piñata. He didn't know what questions to even start asking. Caleb had gone over Renown a little bit, but mostly he had talked about Tribes and Auspices and shapechanging and history and territory and spirits. And Luna, that was a weird conversation. Well, at least it won't hurt, he thought. Although since he could regenerate, he didn't think pain was as much of a priority anymore. He'd have to look into that. So many things to figure out. "Nevermind, I can pick your brain later. For me... I got out of Pure territory mostly on my own, and there was Luna, is that enough?"

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"yeah. we'll do you first, and then we'll get Casey started on it. After this then you both need to join some tribes, but thats another discussion."

He shifts into Dalu form and begins chanting in first tongue over and over again. "Come, great mothers of darkness and shadow. Come to us, Come." After a few minutes of that, he beings drawing on Christian's back with his short stubby claws, the light scratching leaves a light tingling sensation as he goes over the same patterns over and overagain.
    In first tongue he continues, "Come, daughters of our savior, come to us. Send us your hidden ones, send the Irralunim! You have a new son to watch mother, one who hides and runs as fast as any. He was chosen by Luna to be a member of your choir, so sing unto him! Sing of his cunning, sing of his stealth! Your mother and mine has chosen him alone, out of all of us, to be your avatar, your patron! She sought him herself, watching over him as he ran from those who would destroy us."
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

11 minutes

The scratches begin glowing with a silvery light that flickers just once at the begining, and then grows stronger and stronger, then they fade out, as a dark shadow grows thicker and takes on a semi-female form.
    "I have heard you" it says in first tongue "And The irralunim welcome Christian into our service. We bless these runes." She touches the runes and for a moment they flare to life, shining out with silvery light, before fading again. And we bless him as well. Look into my eyes child." She grasps christian's face and looks deeply into his eyes, and christian sees nothing but darkness, endless darkness and hidden darkness within shadows. (he will stay like that for three hours).

"alright casey, you ready for yours?"

Christian Linch
    Christian Linch

PRE

During all this Christian feels slightly silly. Then his mouth goes slack as he stares into the creature's eyes.

He starts drooling shortly.

"Yeah, sure," he said taking off his shirt while still watching the, what was it called?
    Irralunim.
    Right. It's creepy. Is that a running theme with spirits? The way Christian was silently looking at it was off putting as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last