Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
...in which Dianne Devereux makes herself known...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    P
    Page

The night had already swallowed the sun into its bottomless belly, the winter cold bit deep in the bones, freezing and persistent; nevertheless the kine went on with their lives, unaware of the predators that lurked among them, feeding on their life’s blood and using them for their own games of vice and perfidy.

Dianne Devereux was one such predator, nothing but a shell of the once proud and joyful woman that many knew… no… that Dianne had died long ago, her humanity dragged to the same dark abyss that swallowed the sun, only not to return, the Dianne that was today was nothing but a mockery of her former self.

Still, there was life in the body of Dianne, for sure it was dark and grey but nevertheless a thing with goals and victories to tally and so Miss Devereux decided to venture into Sacramento’s night.

She would begin in the place called The Lily. She was the sort of girl that felt at home in that sort of place.

Clad in her sophisticated attire, high heeled shoes and perfect legs she approached the doorman.

The giant of a man quietly stood in front of her and barked something about never having seen her around…

She lowered her sunglasses and raised her eyebrow; a disturbing silence followed the deliberate gesture. Something stirred in the doorman and he made passage for her.

Once inside she was greeted by the quiet cacophony of the patrons discussing deals, breaking arrangements and stabbing each other in the back, the quiet clouds of smoke danced high in the room, the aroma was intense and strong, it smelled of betrayal, lust, greed and above all the rotten and putrid smell of self gratification, Dianne could savor that like no one for in all her life she had enjoyed it’s bittersweet aftertaste.

She traversed the open space with graceful but decided footsteps, at the same time quelling any chances to employ the hidden atavistic urges that stirred inside her.
    After that Dianne rested her voluptuous shape by the counter at the end of the lavishly decorated room and then enjoyed her opportunity to take a better look at the former bank’s arquitecture. She knew she would have company inside, other kindred, she just had to wait and be patient.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Dianne doesn't have to wait long to find another of her kind in the club, another Beast growls back at her own from a corner booth. A small, dark-haired young woman sets across from an older gentleman, laughing softly and joking with the businessman that had joined Ciara at the club that evening.

Despite the fire-centric theme of the club, Ciara enjoyed meeting business associates here. To the mortals it smelled of money and elitism; it put the powerful at ease and made the under privileged hungry for what they didn't have. Those emotions, and an outfit that accented just the right features on the young looking Ventrue, made negotiations much easier.

Ciara pauses in her conversation for just a moment as Dianne walks in, instinctively watching the unfamiliar Daeva as she walks to the counter. The snarl of her own Beast distracts Ciara, the dark-haired Ventrue forcing the murderous urges back down and her attention back to the mortal man in front of her. She had to deal with business before pleasure, she reminds herself.

A few soothing words to assure him that she could provide attractive young ladies to patronize the man's new restaurant and generate a positive buzz, a handful of vague promises he would help her get past some bureaucratic red tape with the building codes inspector, and they say their goodbyes. Ciara watches the man leave, pulling out a compact to pretend to check her appearance before getting up from the table.

She begins to make her way over to the other Kindred, her hips swaying ever so slightly as Ciara takes her time approaching Dianne. She didn't want to startle the other Kindred; the last thing she wanted was a panicked Vampire inside a cigar club...

When she's close enough, Ciara gives the seated Kindred her friendliest smile.* You look like you are waiting for someone... *She says softly; her cheeks ever so slightly flushed by stolen blood.*

Ciara's Outfit
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

P
    Page

The Daeva had ordered a drink while she stayed by the counter… a sure way not to look apart in the club. The glass though was filled to the top and remained untouched, Dianne’s fingers turned the straw around, inside the glass, as she notices the petite Ventrue approaching the motion is put to an end.

Dianne’s stomach recoiled inside her, urging her to leave the oppressive presence, it was a feeling that Dianne was all too familiar with but which she could never get used to.

After asserting the dominance over the beast she waits for the words of the Ventrue to reach her…
    She adjusts herself in her seat by the counter, and turns towards Ciara.
    Her eyebrow rises softly as if interested in what the other woman had to say, a soft smile is returned.

“Well, I suppose so…” she answers letting the words hang in the air for a short while. “…and I suppose you are looking for some company now that yours’ left?” she smiles politely, her tone was friendly and welcoming, even though her inclined nose seemed to imply that she was not used to offer pleasantries until she received some in advance.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*There's an ever so slight change in the inclination of Ciara's head as Dianne speaks; the thin Ventrue shaking her head slightly.* Not necessarily. I am Ciara Maskelyne. I'm a bit of a business woman, so I tend to keep an eye out for a certain clientele. And as I have not had the pleasure of meeting you before, I though I would come over and introduce myself...

*She shifts her weight from one leg to the other, giving the other Kindred time to think over her words.* If you're of the mind to discuss business, I could find a more private setting to talk. But, if you're here to simply enjoy the evening, I certainly wouldn't want to interrupt your fun. I know how hard it can be to relax after a long day...

*Ciara wasn't a Deputy, or a member of the city's power structure anymore; she certainly wasn't going to push the issue of introducing herself to the unknown vampire.*
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

C
    Conner Greyson

In through the doors walks a shadow of a man. He says nothing to know one, no one turns to see him. No one stops to greet him. He drifts through groups, into the humidor he goes. After a few minutes he comes out with a cigar in hand. Still no eyes turn to him, but he sees everything. His observant eyes and ears listen to the room picking up parts of conversations here and there, listening and learning as he does.

Then he feels something, recognizes something, but again says nothing. The something is both familiar and surprising at its return. His words are his own and currently only his mind hears them. The strength out there intermingles with another, but this one is new. His beast remains behind its mask and does not stir.

He sits, removes a cigar cutter from the inside of his coat and clips the end, flicks a wooden match and inhales the smoke, exhaling slowly as he waits for the waitress.

The Shadow

P
    Page

Dianne nods at Ciara’s words.
    She keeps her polite smile towards the Ventrue and then when conversation flow allows it she kindly retorts.

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance Ciara, my name is Dianne, Dianne Devereux.” she offers casually with a soft brush of pride underlining her tone.

“Well, I can hardly think of a better way to relax than to share some words, business or not, with a like minded individual.” she says as she motions her glass further back in the counter as if expressing her lack of interest in the drink.

“And I guess the private setting might prove to be more relaxing, travelling makes me weary and i guess slightly irritable with all the smoke... and cigars...” She says as she sighs softly at the end.

After that she gracefully lifts herself in a single movement from the chair, a soft whiff of a pleasant fragrance opening an invitation to follow her.

“…besides, I doubt I could hardly refuse such a kind invitation.”

Dianne gestures to Ciara to lead the way, her smile disarming and kind, her hands opened, welcoming but confident.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

The pleasure is mine, Ms Devereux. *She says with a welcoming smile. As she turns back towards the booth she had came from, Dianne's remarks about not caring for the smoke makes her pause.

Personally, Ciara enjoyed the smell. It reminded her of the Gentlemen's clubs back in London. Of course, her business here tonight was much more pleasant then her business there had been...

Instead, she motions towards the spiral stairs, taking the lead as she walks casually beside the other female Kindred; if perhaps a step ahead. She begins to descend the wrought iron staircase, a thin hand holding onto the railing for support.* So, how long have you been a guest of our city, Ms Devereux? *She asks softly, making idle chit-chat until they could reach one of the private rooms below.*

C
    Conner Greyson

Conner stands and makes his way to the bottom the spiral stairs, seemingly out of no where the man says, "Good Evening Miss Maskelyne, Welcome back to Sacramento. May I be of some assistance this evening?" Conner asked politely.

P
    Page

Dianne followed the small lady.

Somehow Ciara seemed to have the undivided attention of the snobbish Daeva, maybe Dianne decided she enjoyed Ciara.

She answers her questions as they move towards the stairs, a leveled tone full of personality and flavor seems to escape her lips.
    “Well, I’ve only recently arrived.” She offers casually… perhaps too casually.

“I was hoping to meet someone who could provide me some pointers to the best places in town.” she pauses for a while. “But I hope I’m not sounding too desperate… no, I guess I have an eternity to find out after setting things down.” She laughs softly as she sides with Ciara towards a more recondite place.

After a few footsteps she is slightly taken by surprise by the sudden voice of the shadowy figure. She stops after the young girl in front of her stops and waits patiently.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

*Ciara nods slightly at Dianne's answer, her own voice soft and calm; with just the slightest hint of a continental accent.* Then you will want to visit the Avalon very soon, Miss Devereux. They have very discriminating tastes when it comes to clientele, but if you can gain access to the private area I think you will find it a wonderful place to network. They have experts in all areas of business: Real estate, food service, even family affairs...

*She keeps her tone rather businesslike, hoping her fellow Kindred could read between the lines.* Oh, no need to worry about finding ways to pass the time here in Sacramento; the night life is very active. There's always something going on... *That the "night life" included an increased level of danger in the past months was best left unsaid; Ciara would leave the warning up to the other woman's Family or Covenant representatives.

The thin Ventrue returns Dianne's soft laugh, shaking her head slightly at Dianne's "desperate" remark.* Not at all, I know how disconcerting it can be to try and settle down in a new city. The disruption to one's routine can be quite upsetting...

*She grows quiet for a few moments, thinking back to her first few nights in Sacramento.* By simple coincidence, I also came to this club my first nights in Sacramento... *She adds, remembering that while she had not found the city officials she was looking for, the one she did find had led to far more enjoyable experiences than simple Acknowledgment. A delighted smile spreads across the Ventrue's face as she thinks back on Twist, a smile that quickly fades as she hears Conner's voice.

Ciara stops, turning back to the Reeve that had appeared from seemingly thin air. She bows to Greyson, trying to hide the surprise of his sudden appearance.* Good evening to you, Mister Greyson, and thank you. I don't... think... so? *She says hesitantly, the last sentence as much question as statement. She looks back and forth between the Reeve and Dianne, wondering what had drawn the Mekhet's attention. She didn't think she had done anything wrong, but it was best to defer to the Reeve's judgement since she was not clear on his attention.*

Allow me to introduce Miss Devereux; a recent arrival to our city... *A thin arm extends towards the other female Kindred as Ciara speaks.*

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.