Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne smiles. "It's alright. I know that my choice seems odd." The smiles fades but she isn't moping anymore.

"The group." A hand waves between herself and Rosh. "that found me had been watching the women my ex-husband went out with right after the divorce was finalized. They claimed she had been manipulating him." She taps the side of her head. "It took me a while to understand. They explained what I was now and let me make up my own mind."

"Eventually I decided that where I am now is where I should be. It felt right, it still does. Most days at least."

Rosh

PRE

Rosh blinks when he realizes there is nothing more coming. "Um, Is it just a job? Something you do? What is it that keeps you focused on those 'other' days?"

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Just a job ya, something to pay my bills and make it seem like I have some sort of normal life." Ariadne shrugs though, it is hard to have a normal life once you can read people's minds.

"Other days... other days I just go with it. I've been a people person most of my life. It's just what I do." She smiles meekly. That made no sense at all.

Rosh

PRE

What in the world could that even mean? 'People Person'.
    "It's." Rosh perses his lips. "So it's just a thing you do? You just do the Veil thing?"

Rosh realizes his becoming combative and takes a breath. "Have you considered another line of work?" Nothing could make this conversation less awkward. BUt it's a thing that must happen. Either they can relate to each other or can't.

Rosh knows nothing about marriage or the Veil or anything else about this woman. And Rosh suspects Ariadne knows even less about him.

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

Pres 3 (Diplomatic)

PRE

There's a sad sigh. "No, the Veil thing is because of my former husband. He either encountered our world or was influenced by it inappropriately. That is what pushed me to the Veil. If I can stop others suffering from what they should not know then I will. I certainly don't have the chance to live a normal life anymore."

Alex looks at her left hand then at Rosh. "I never really thought about a different way. Sure I have nightmares from some things. But I don't think I've lost my humanity." She doesn't say it but its there.

Henry.

"Have I?" She sounds scared, almost tears scared.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread