Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

BP3 /Striking looks 2 (handsome)
    Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Once again Charles walked into the Avalon, However this time he was here to meet Speaker of the First Estate who was also the Priscus of Clan Ventrue, Ariana Donovan . The clothing he chose was a black Three piece suit, there was nothing overtly extravagant about it but it was well made and well fitted for the man.

Of course he had called ahead to make sure the the Good Prisucs would know that he was coming to see her. It would have been nothing but rude to show up unannounced to see one of the most highly regarded kindred in the domain. Priscus, Harpy, Speaker, and Regent, such a woman deserved nothing less than the up most respect.

He makes his way to Priscus Donovan's office and knocks on the door, then awaits permission to enter.
    Charles Black SL:2 (Handsome) Health: 7 Will:5

The door opens, revealing Deputy Rayner. Who is dressed in a suit and smiling. "Mister Black?" Lance considers patting down the man, but it would be as unnecessary as it would be pleasant. The Avalon had metal detectors and perfectly serviceable security above ground. He silently gestures for the man to come into the office, where he takes a position behind him, like the guard he is.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

A
    Ariana Donovan

A tablet and pen sat on Ariana's desk next to a laptop which was closed. Ariana was behind the desk filing a book when Charles entered the room. Turning as she heard the knock and when Lance answered the door. She was wearing a little black dress with a shrugged that perfectly matched from Dior. On her right hand, a ring was worn and on her small lapel, a purple crown pin complimented her attire. Her hair was pinned by two sticks in a gentle bun with a single draped lock of hair down the side of her face.

With a bright smile, Ariana greeted him. From the phone call, all she knew was his informal name. "Good evening Mr. Black, please be seated if you wish." Her hand skirted a gesture to the chairs on the opposite side of her desk. "How are you this evening?" She said with a pleasant ring in her tone still standing behind her desk.

Ariana

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

When The deputy opens the door ,Charles smiles and nods his head to Mr. Rayner.

"Deputy Rayner."

He says in pleasant greeting to the Man.

When he is in the room the gives the Priscus a short bow.

"Good evening Priscus Donovan, I am well thank you, and yourself?"

His pleasant tone matching hers with and edge for formality and respect.

He waits for Priscus Donovan to take a seat before he takes his own.

A
    Ariana Donovan

After being seated, Ariana crossed her legs to the side casually as she sat at her desk. "I am quite well, thank you." Her smile was genuine as she answered.

Her eyes looked over him briefly, noting his demeanor and poise. In a pleasant tone she began. "What brings you to Sacramento Mr. Black?" Her ears noted an accent and there was an inquisitive look on her face. "Where did you hail from, if I may ask?" The Ventrue knew that often where someone was from was also a good indication of where they were going.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

When the Priscus sits, Charles sits as well. He adjusts himself in the seat making himself comfortable while making sure that his suit maintains a straight and clean look. upon finishing his adjustments he places his hands neatly his lap.

He smiles politely at the Priscus's questions, as though he had almost expected them.

"Well, I was born an Englishman if you could not already tell, however my death took place in a small city in the Eastern United States called Erie Pennsylvania."

He pauses, taking time with his words, there was no rush.

"However, what has brought me to His Majesty's Domain is, I am hoping to explore new business opportunities here. I chose Sacramento because I was under the impression it did not have as much of a hussel and bussel attitude as San Fransisco or Los Angeles, and personally I am much more used to a smaller city setting rather than a larger one."

His tone is conversational and light.

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana mused his country of origins as she pondered Martha’s own accent. “Where about in England originally?” Charles’ answers were typical of those entering the Domain. “What did you do in Pennsylvania?” Her tone and smile still curious as Ariana continued. “You will find that His Grace’s Domain is still exciting even without hustle and bustle.” Laughing gently. “Please, feel free to ask any questions you wish.” Nodding her head in the Lord’s direction.

“By the by,” Her hand gestured in a motion directed between Charles and Lance. “Do you two know each other? I believe I may have seen you at the ice rink not long ago.”

Ariana wondered if the devilish Daeva happened to meet up with him after that evening. The new Ventrue was quite good looking after all.

Lance speaks up from behind Charlie. "Mister Black is assisting the Domain in an investigation, Harpy Donovan. Deputy Grigoriev was in charge but had to defer the case to myself." While Charlie is looking to the Harpy, Lance gives her a look that speaks volumes. He'll fill her in on all the juicy the details later.

Anyone that suggested the Daeva as a whole didn't like to gossip was a filthy liar.
    Every time Japan comes out with a new fad, I wake up in a cold sweat halfway around the world and just know something wicked this way comes.

Charles Black
    Jack Storm
    Charles Cornelius Black

Presence 3 (confidence)
    Status 1 (Invictus)
    Jack Storm

Silver ladder
    Thyrsus

Charles smiles happily at Mr. Rayner's comment.

He speaks his tone continuing to be polite,

"Yes as Deputy Rayner said, I am worked with him in looking out for the domain's interests."

He then shifts back to the Harpy's line of questions,

"But yes back to your other questions, during my time in Pennsylvania I worked in the fur trade, unfortunately that line of business has some what waned over the years and I felt it was time for something different."

He pauses a moment before asking in polite curiosity,

"May I ask what line of business are you in Priscus Donovan?"

A
    Ariana Donovan

Ariana had caught Lance’s eyes for a moment in her peripheral vision as she listened to Charles. “Wonderful to have your assistance so soon.” She spoke with an approving grin. Nodding to his prior career, she commented. “When did the business with fur trading wrap up? Was it before the PETA organization or did you have any issues with them at some point?” The Lordess asked logically as she was unsure when his business waned.

“Of course you may. I am an editor and journalist at the Sacramento Bee.” Smiling as she spoke. “I do find my line of work quite fulfilling. What sort of business do you plan on looking into in Sacramento?”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread